Your "Most Pissed Off" Moment

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
When I was 16 or 17 I subbed on a rec league team that a friend of mine played with. We had a female goalie who was very good, and were playing the most obnoxious team in the division. With about a half minute left in the game one of their players, who was much bigger than our goalie, skates over to our net way behind the play and starts getting in our goalie's face, calling her a dyke and whatever else he can think of, and then proceeds to spit in her face. She shoves him away from her, and winds up and absolutely decks her. Anyway, needless to say I and everyone else on my team at the time jumped the guy, and things got pretty ugly.

I'd say that was the most angry I've been in hockey, even though I'd had players go after teammates before, because I know that our goalie hadn't done anything to this guy except make a bunch of saves on him, and this ******* just couldn't handle being shut down by a woman. It was just so ridiculous, and having played much of my hockey with a defensive partner who was a girl, it really pissed me off to see the type of attitudes I'd seen from other kids from an adult, but even worse than ever.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
lol, the only time I've been angry is when a ref keep talking about our game long after the game. Mind you, the ref was my father and it was dinner two nights later. :laugh:

Maupin Fan

Hot Air
Sep 17, 2009
One time I was playing in a game, and some guy stated over to me. He was speaking Spanish and looking at me with shifty eyes. Thats when I noticed his blue bandana. This guy was a Crip.

As a tried-and-true Blood, I knew it was on. I happened to skate past him in the second, and he tried to shank me back to the golden age. I deftly avoided his prison-honed kill skills, and would up with a breakaway.

I wasn't able to convert on the scoring chance. As I made my way back to the bench, I met his gaze. His eyes squinted, almost as though a tiger had farted in his face. We both threw down our equipment.

Both teams cleared their respective benches, and what started out as a simple knife fight between two gang members turned into a 30 man beautifully choreographed dance-brawl. 45 minutes later, I and 3 of my teammates stood, victorious.

Getting back to the topic at hand though- what pissed me off was my friend, Ponyboy, forgot to charge his video camera, so a potential upload to Youtube was lost forever.

Come onnnnnnn with these stories. Anyone who reads this and is just getting into hockey would think we are all a bunch of ******bags.

This is absolutely hilarious.

DJ Kariyaaa

Downie Fan Club
Jan 17, 2010
although it sounds like it, this isnt a dick swinging story.. it actually happened and to be honest im not proud of it. but here goes..

i am by no means a big kid, but when a goon who was several inches taller than me (likey 6'1 or so off of skates) took a run at my defenseless captain, who had his head down SKATING OFF FOR A LINE CHANGE and knocked him silly in a game that was already out of hand, i hopped off of the bench and took the kid down quickly,probably because he was surprised that someone came at him. he fell and hit his head off the ice and i laid a few gloved punches on the side of his head before getting dragged off by his teammates. ended up getting thrown out, and my teammate missed 6 games because of concussions and the symptoms

gojacketsgo61

Fire the Refs!
Apr 27, 2009
Many things but the most recent was I was playing goalie and my mask fell off, I got back up and yelled at the ref to blow the whistle, 2 seconds later a puck comes to my face and my face got opened up. I got a unsportsmanlike for yelling at the ref to blow the whistle.....

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I play in a couple beer leagues, probably B level so I don't take it very seriously at all. I really don't care if we lose because most of us are just playing for fun. In the championship game of the first season, we lost something like 9-3. It's not too serious so in the last minute I was expecting them to let up a bit but one of their players steals the puck from our team, undressing both defenseman and embarasses our goalie. That really pissed me off. To top if off, the next time we played them in the next season, we won like 12-1. They pulled their goalie for the hell of it to hope to at least score one more. I got the puck at the blue line and just fired it in at the net. Everybody on my team was even pissed at me saying that was bad sportsmanship. I figured they had it coming. :P

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I play in a couple beer leagues, probably B level so I don't take it very seriously at all. I really don't care if we lose because most of us are just playing for fun. In the championship game of the first season, we lost something like 9-3. It's not too serious so in the last minute I was expecting them to let up a bit but one of their players steals the puck from our team, undressing both defenseman and embarasses our goalie. That really pissed me off. To top if off, the next time we played them in the next season, we won like 12-1. They pulled their goalie for the hell of it to hope to at least score one more. I got the puck at the blue line and just fired it in at the net. Everybody on my team was even pissed at me saying that was bad sportsmanship. I figured they had it coming. :P

I stopped playing hockey as a kid and switched to soccer. However, I have a similar story to yours. Several years ago in my old recreational soccer league we played a new team the last week in August. It was sunny and nearly 100 F. We only had 12 players due to injuries and vacations. They had about 25 players and beat us 10-1. Some of their players said and did a few things that I and my teammates didn't care for, but we let it go. It is supposed to be a fun league, not the World Cup. In the fall we played them again and had all 18 of our guys. We were leading about 5 or 6 to 0 and they start complaining that we are running up the score! One of their players says that he is going to take our next goal scorer down from behind after the play. I hear him and tell him that I am going to break his leg if he does! He jumps behind three of his teammates and starts mouthing off at me. I tell him to come over and fight somebody who can see him (me). He was about 6 ft and 200 lbs, I am 5'9 and 160 lbs. They were bad sports when they were winning and even worse when they were losing. We changed leagues so we never had to play those idiots again. We won that game 10-2. I scored a goal (rare for me), hit the post and the crossbar during the rest of the game. I was so angry that I wanted to score 10 goals by myself against these jerks. I was sending rockets at the goal from 40 yards out and none of their players wanted to get near me because I was striking the ball so hard.

rinkrat22

Jul 27, 2007
Chicago
well you guys that are still actually playing competetive its ok to get a little pissed off. But if you're a beer leaguer who has a job why would you let it get you, as I said before a well timed check is much more effective. And hf68 I am neither Ghandi, nor do I get walked on in life, but when you have held someone's brains in your hands, you realize some things are quite trival.

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL
I grew up playing roller hockey, and switched over to ice when I was 18. I'm 23 now and play three seasons a year, about 15 games a season. I have about 6 PIM racked up in that time. So that should give the jist about my playing style.

My teams goalie played out his ass one game, and because of the league has upper divison and lower division with odd number of teams you get a bye week where you play the upper. I played in the lower which is a C+/B league and the upper is about a B+/A league. During our bye week our goalie played out of his ass and was just owning them. Probably racked up about 50 saves. Towards the end with about 5 minutes left to go, a guy gets on a break away, and I'm the closest D-man trailing. He takes a shot from the top of the face off circle which our goalie gloves and goes to cover. He then takes his stick and swings two handed at our goalies wrist.

I pretty much lost it at that point, he swings casually behind the net and I continued to sprint catching up easily to him. I blurted out "Dude, what the ****?" He then just punches me in the face. So I take a step back and take off my helmet, throw down my gloves and he litterally skates behind the ref and calls me a *****.

He got ejected out of the game, I got a two minute roughing call which I thought was BS. I remember five hours after the game I still had the shakes from me ready to pound this guys face in.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
I grew up playing roller hockey, and switched over to ice when I was 18. I'm 23 now and play three seasons a year, about 15 games a season. I have about 6 PIM racked up in that time. So that should give the jist about my playing style.

My teams goalie played out his ass one game, and because of the league has upper divison and lower division with odd number of teams you get a bye week where you play the upper. I played in the lower which is a C+/B league and the upper is about a B+/A league. During our bye week our goalie played out of his ass and was just owning them. Probably racked up about 50 saves. Towards the end with about 5 minutes left to go, a guy gets on a break away, and I'm the closest D-man trailing. He takes a shot from the top of the face off circle which our goalie gloves and goes to cover. He then takes his stick and swings two handed at our goalies wrist.

I pretty much lost it at that point, he swings casually behind the net and I continued to sprint catching up easily to him. I blurted out "Dude, what the ****?" He then just punches me in the face. So I take a step back and take off my helmet, throw down my gloves and he litterally skates behind the ref and calls me a *****.

He got ejected out of the game, I got a two minute roughing call which I thought was BS. I remember five hours after the game I still had the shakes from me ready to pound this guys face in.

LOL consider yourself lucky you only got 2 min :P If I did that here in Midget house league, Id get a 1 game suspension...wait I already did

SiouxPride

Dec 26, 2006
WINNIPEG!
I was playing inline, last season. 4 games in , i think i hate the msot is when midgets run around donig everything, and people hacknig at my goalie. So this teams got 3 smalelr guys donig all that, and one huge guy. Now the style i pla,y even thoguh in inlnie theres no hitting. I go for the biggest guy out there. Now these midgets were runnig around cheap and hackknig my all-star goalie. So in retaliation, i line this 6'4 guy up froma corss the ice, i even played the puck and made a greta pass, afew secodns later he pcisk up the puck after a scrum on the boards hes comnig uot, ehad up, then he preceeds forward and puts his ehad down, i go right in and destroy him with a HUGE shoudler check. The game was already cihppy enough, a guy jumped in and grabbed ahlod of me but notihng serious sjtu a few pucnhs and scrum, so i sit for 4 minetues. after that i expected these 3 little guys to smarten seeing as i took out there biggest player.

Well i thoguht wrong, COMPLETLEY WRONG. They go harder at us, and at one point he two hands my goalie, i jump in and my glvoes are flying my lid was off quciekr then ive ever seen anyone do and i grabbed 1 and ripped his helemt off and fed him straight shtos
then 1 off the other small guys came in and threw his glvoes off and i grabebd him and litterly flung him away and he flew and hit the ground, then a bigger guy no their team grabebd me and we went on as it was basically a brawl. Now the ref came ni ebcuase we kidna just teid eachother up as he didnt wanan exaclty fight. NOW i know im in the wrong donig all this.. but hat PISSED ME OFF, was i got 10 games, and the 1 midget that ran at me, got 2 for roughing... Did the guy who two handed my goalie get anything except a bent up face.. nope, did ANYONE else get anything.. nope.. I mena my suspsension was justifed, i sitll finsiehd 5th ni the elague in scoring wtih 45 points, 4th - 2nd palce had 46 or 47, 1st ahd 48.. So it dosent matter but man, The retaliation penaltys hurt :)

BadHammy*

OT GWG called back because I had part of my big toe in the crease. GR!

Kessel>Seguin +

Not Even A Big Fan!!
Sep 16, 2008
Ontario
A few years ago we were in the semi finals, We were playing a divisional team and they had a guy who was a mad pest. A good sized kid, not very thick but he was about 6 foot and 180 or something. Anyways he would always just get under everyone skins, scrums over and he comes out of no where with a jab to the back of the head, slash, rarely would even look at you.

Anyways in game two of the series it was in the 3rd and we were up 3 or 4 goals and 10 minutes or so left. I am kind of skating lazily in the neutral zone just waiting to see where the puck is going to pop out and out from no where i just feel my leg go out from under me and down i went, right on my ass and i was livid. I looked up and saw his number and went off the ice.

On the ice i was just furious did not say much. I am a a fair sized guy, like to throw the body but maybe one or two fights per year and i do not think i start any of them. A couple of shifts pass and we were not on the ice together then with about 3 minutes left i get on the ice and he is on the ice. The play is going into our end and i challenge him and he does not look, give him a tug and turn him around and he keeps skating away.

Finally he ends up in front of our net and i just dropped by gloves and grabbed onto him and started throwing lefts, he turtled and i got three or four good shots while he was on the ice.

Another time, when i was far younger though, probably around 14. Just a regular season game, We were down a couple but a bunch of time left in the third. I had the puck skating out of our end and ran out of room so just chipped it off the boards and a guy was still coming at me so i thought it we were just going to bump but he throws his stick up and cross checked me right in the throat. I was shocked, it hurt like a ***** but did not go down. Out of reaction i just took my stick and took a two handed hack and took the kid right above the glove and he dropped screaming right away. I got 5 for slash and i think 3 games. I think he only got 2 for cross checking

Last edited:

Sens16

Dec 15, 2009
Detroit
When I was still in high school a couple years ago my team was down by one goal with 30 seconds left. The net was empty and we had a mad scramble in front of the net and I tapped the puck in. The ref called it back "because he lost vision of the puck." We got it back though on the next play and won the game in ot. But it still pissed the **** out of me.

sjmay*

Got a ton from the otherside of the whistle if you guys are interested.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don't get too mad on the ice...been in one fight ever and it's not much of a story. Do have one about a teammate, though!

This guy's brother played in the NHL, and he was no slouch of a hockey player himself. We were playing in the semis a couple of years ago and this joker on the other team spears our goalie. So this guy goes up to him to kind of push him back in a "don't touch my goalie kind of way". The offender then spears my teammate.

My teammate went freaking BALLISTIC.

It's still one of the more hilarious/frightening/ridiculous things I've ever seen. He charged this guy, gloves flying off and grabbed him. The guy turtled. Instead of swinging punches, my teammates started lifting him up by his head, throwing him down again, lifting him by his head, throwing him down again. He did it rhythmically with each throw punctuated by a word. "DON'T--YOU--EVER--DO--THAT--AGAIN--YOU--STUPID--#^@#!"

Me and two teammates managed to haul him off the guy. They takes off to a safe distance and shouts some obscenities at my teammate. My teammate goes ape and takes off after him, with me and another guy water skiing behind him hanging onto his jersey for dear life. I'm a big guy, 6'3 and 195 lbs, my other teammate was about 6'1, 190 lbs. This guy still took off. With both of us in tow, my teammate STILL catches this guy and starts throwing him around again. Other team's guys are trying to pull their guy out, refs are trying to wedge themselves in the middle, the whole nine yards. Finally we get them to seperate and I'm skating my teammate to the bench so he can leave when the other team's bench starts yelling at him.

Well, my teammate charges their bench. We were almost to our bench by that point right next to the penalty box, so I managed to wedge myself between my teammate at their bench by bracing my arm on the penalty box and holding on for dear life. About 45 seconds of him pulling and screaming before I got him to calm down and leave.

It's a story we still laugh about quite a bit, but I have never seen anyone go that bonkers in a game.

sjmay*

Got a good one here,

Anyone that has played beer league knows there is always one player that loves to try and piss people off, one on each team usually and they never find each other, but I was officiating a game, this was a good long time ago, team from North Carolina vs a team from Michigan, Mens Over 30 No Check Nationals, back when they had that, don't know if they do now, anyways, team from Michigan had this guy about 5'6 maybe, 160 maybe, he kept sticking this absolute monster from Carolina, this guy was a good 6'4 230, hands the size of tires, shoulders that you can drive on type of guy, kept telling the guy to knock it off, quit it, knock it off, finally had enough, next hook, just up and railed on this guy, punched through his cage, he was wearing a cat eye, grabbed him by the jersey, and pulled him towards as he punched with the other fist, before my partner and I could react, it was over, 5-6 punches and 50-60 stitches later, I think the guy learned the lesson.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Got slew footed last January, head hit the ice at a funny angle. Got up, both refs watching, no call. Made a bee line towards the guy and just laid him out with a shoulder check to the body (he was nowhere near the puck). I'd say he was probably 6' to 6'2 and about 200 pounds, I'm 5'8 165 at the time. That was fun. Then he got up and chased me down and threw a flying elbow but I literally ducked out of the way and he smacked into the boards and a ref. And that was hilarious. I then got my ass off the ice before I got killed.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I'm a forward, standing in the slot, waiting for the puck to come out of the corner or from the point or wherever it was. A defenseman, as usual, is giving me trouble. Cross-checking me in the back. Happened about five times in the same shift. When I play D, I do similar things, but I don't like to "strike" someone unless they deserve it. I'd rather "push" them away with a cross check if you know what I mean.

Anyway, on the fifth crosscheck the guy says "see how YOU like it!" and I'm thinking, "I never did anything to anyone this entire game!" and the normally mild-mannered James snapped. It wasn't that he was doing it, it was that he appeared to think I was some sort of "bad guy" who deserved it. i turned around and gave him a hack in the leg. he stood there so I gave him a good facewash while the play stopped and people started crowding around.

From behind me their goalie came and gave me a crosscheck to the shoulder/head. I forgot about this original guy and took off after the goalie, who had retreated back to his crease. He and I grappled a bit, threw eachother into the boards, and eventually went down. He had dropped his gloves and was trying to punch me (I don't think he got anything but the back of my helmet but it's a blur) whereas I was always told "you drop your gloves, it's three games automatically, then more if you start punching", so I would have been happy grappling this idiot to the ice, it was all I wanted to do.

Anyway, my teammates ribbed me as though I got pummelled (well, no kidding, I didn't "actually" fight like he did) which pissed me off enough. Then I get an email saying I am suspended for the minimum three games for fighting. I sent a long email in protest explaining that I never threw a punch or dropped my gloves and how could I get the same punishment as the goalie. The league manager never replied because he's an idiot and because I am not a team rep.

To make matters worse, it turns out the goalie just kept playing under a different name and for multiple teams. Don't think he was ever truly suspended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad