Your "Most Pissed Off" Moment

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
What in a game has pissed you off, basically to the point of snapping?

Late in December I was hit after the whistle, while I was looking down at the ground. I was not expecting it and went head first into the board, hurting my neck and giving my a very minor concussion. I am not a big guy at 5'6 130 pounds and I'm not very aggressive either. I have probably 6 penalty minutes this season. But regardless I was fuming, and was ready to go after the guy and kick the living crap out of him, but the ref held me back.

Tonight I play this team again and I plan on CLEANLY getting my revenge on this kid with a big hit on him.

Just wanted to see what stories some of the people had here.

Steelhead16

Jan 29, 2005
Boise, ID
Mine have really all been about someone doing something to teammates, mostly our goalie. I remember back in Juniors coming off the bench during the 2nd period (long change) and busting to get into the play. Our goalie covered the puck with his glove and a guy hit him about 3 times on the back of the hand after the whistle blew. I never slowed down and the guy turned around just as I got there. He hit the boards back first after being launched from the crease. His 4 teammates were standing right there and looked at me like "nice hit.....he's an a-hole". It did start a fight in the stands when I got back to the bench but that was common in that rink.
Only one I remember that happened to me was a guy who had high sticked me in the face and broke my nose. Then the next time we played them he broke my cheekbone. And it was week after I'd gotten hit from behind into the dasher and broke my other cheekbone. So I was in a bad mood already.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
Yesterday in my game I was behind the net and I threw a pass to the point, and the defenseman shot it, and one of there players blocked it and had an odd man rush, which turned into a 3-1. So the defenseman on my time tries to block the pass, he puts his stick on the ice so that the guy would shoot. The one guy on there time jumps on my defenseman basically sits on him and crushes him to the ice, and they score. I couldn't believe that the ref didn't call a penalty on time, I was just mad, almost went ballistic. Called the ref an F'ing idiot and got a 10 minute misconduct. I couldn't believe what happened. Just ridiculous

13 others

Apr 18, 2007
Right after a faceoff I got speared in the nuts. The ref missed it. God damn i was ready to kill the kid. This was during the playoffs and It was in the final 5 minutes so I would be suspended for fighting or If i retaliated. I destroyed someone with a hit on my last shift though dont think it was the one who speared me.

Steel Yourselves

Jul 26, 2007
Shannon, QC
I'm a goalie. A pretty terrible one at that. Think slower,out of shape Tim Thomas and you basically get me. I got the job done on most nights but I had barely any experience. Anyway, I was playing Midget B and the other team had the son of an aquaintance of my Dad playing on it. I forget the score , but I'm pretty sure we lost by a fair margin, probably my fault. The guys son skates over to me whiles saying stuff after the game. I live in Quebec, but my French is sub par at best. So this guy starts saying stuff in French to me with a smile. I think hes talking **** and mocking me, because he's saying it while skating over to me, and I couldn;t hear well enough to discern exactly what he was saying, so I start to drop my gloves. I'm getting ready to kick this guys ass when he sticks out his glove for a fist bump and I realize he was saying "Good game" or something to that effect. Needless to say, I feel like a giant ****** and return the fist bump. My captain saw this going on and also thought the guy was mouthing off to me. I was older then most of the players on the team, but since I was pretty much an anglophone surrounded by francophones, they treated me like a little brother I guess, on top of being the goalie. So my captain starts trying to start **** with the guys son. I was skating like mad yelling to get him to stop and eventually we just went to our separate rooms.

TLDR version: I suck at french, guy compliments me, I think hes insulting me, get ****ing pissed and almost start a fight.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
We were losing 8-3 in the Championship game with 1 minute to play, so I was already pissed off. My defensive partner threw a hard, but clean hit on the other teams best player and a player from that team skated up to my defensive partner and cross-checked him in the throat. I immediately skated over to him, slashed the back of his legs and asked if he wanted to fight, he said, "Get away from me." He then skated off in the other direction.

I'm still mad about it today...The best part? I'm 5'8, 130lbs. He is about 6'1 200lbs.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
I think the angriest I got in recent memory was a game we were getting blown out of the building by 10 goals and a guy on their team hammed up a goal and did a rub it in dance to our goalie.

About 3 of our guys and myself went right after him immediately and took care of things.

I'm glad we got tossed because I don't think I would have shaken his hand after the game without saying something else.

You guys have some good stories, sorry mine wasn't as exciting lol.

Semin

Jun 13, 2009
I think the angriest I got in recent memory was a game we were getting blown out of the building by 10 goals and a guy on their team hammed up a goal and did a rub it in dance to our goalie.

About 3 of our guys and myself went right after him immediately and took care of things.

I'm glad we got tossed because I don't think I would have shaken his hand after the game without saying something else.

You guys have some good stories, sorry mine wasn't as exciting lol.

Any hockey story is a good one. Did you get any good shots in on the guy?

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Last night at my game I came in in relief(goalie) and were on a very very bad team(not our fault) and they score two on my early. I'm already pretty pissed and the refs a total jerk idiot who doesn't know the rules. So in the third I cover the puck and the guy whacks my glove once on the wrist once on my hand. So I slash him on the head. Refs sees both things. Acts like he never saw either move but let's fans/linesman give me a two and the other guy nothing. Needless to say I said some stuff to him as I passed by after the game.

And at a Memorial Day Tournament a few years ago we had a line brawl after I got slashed in the face. I'm lissed and my teammate is holding me back from shoving my blocker down his throat when I see one of their guys Bertuzzi my teammate, though he didn't tackle him. No penalty, and I was ready to kill the kid if hw went back on. Sadly he got benched for the last five minutes abd suspended by the coach. And the same kid highsticked me in the throat this year at a tournanment. Can I kill him yet?

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
Any hockey story is a good one. Did you get any good shots in on the guy?

I wasn't the first one to him so they got going and I grabbed another guy. We had 3 fights at the same time going.

There really are not many fights in men's league and they only happen in certain situations. It was very poor sportsmanship by that guy and not necessary and just on the wrong night to do that. The mood of the game was rather volatile to begin with.

I suppose on other nights everyone would have shrugged the guy off for being a moron but other things happened before hand in this one and it got out of hand.

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
once me and this other kid collided cause we didn't see each other and i got a penalty even though we both fell down

stupid refs.

I Hate Blake Coleman

Bandwagon Burner
Jul 22, 2008
Saskatchewan
I'm a fairly big guy (6'3 240) so I was used on the PP a lot. One game, I was getting lumberjacked all night by the goalie. I'm about 2 feet out of his crease and he keeps taking liberties with me so eventually I just turn around and pop him in the jaw. I get mugged and thrown out of the game, but it was worth it.

nullterm

Dec 8, 2007
Port Moody, BC
Total tool defenceman on the other team kept crosschecking our team hard in the lower back for no reason. He nailed a guy who already had a bad back for no reason. Wasn't even near the crease, puck or play. Did the same thing to me, so I took a number. 2/3 inches taller and 20/30lbs heavier than me. He nailed me a second time (again no where near the net or puck) and I knew I was going after him as I stood back up.

Seconds later he went behind his net to get the puck and was moving to the far corner. I started striding full steam at him and he dumped the puck out of his zone. This is normally the point I slow up or turn away being non-contact. Not that time. I kept skating hard and drilled him into the boards, we landed in a pile, I stood up, skated away. He was saying something from the ice as I left but didn't care or look. No call either. Felt great.

Last edited:

Hopelesslucicfan

Larsson fanclub 2016
Mar 14, 2009
Edmonton
I was actually playing a game of shinny outdoors without any gear or anything but for some reason one of the people i was playing against decided he was going to try to be pro and take slapshots with people in the way, raise the puck above me waist when trying to pass etc.

I confronted him about it, because we were playing with some fairly little kids as well, and he barely missed one with a slapshot he decided to take from the blueline while a couple little kids had collided in front of the goal and fallen down.

At that point i had enough and went over and told him to keep it on the ice if theres a kid in his passing lane, and to not take a shot unless the lane was clear. He seemed pretty understanding at first so we carried on for another 10 minutes before he started up again, this time he ignored the kids and decided he would pester me.

Passing it and aiming at my shins, shooting it anytime i was near the net, slashing me, hooking me, sticking his stick in my skates, etc.

I'm usually a very gentle, but decently sized guy, 6 feet 200 pounds but i had enough. He skated towards me and tried to get around me with a deke so instead of going for the puck i decided to throw him on his ass, just as he was falling down, the kid he almost hit earlier tried to pass me the puck and it went right between his legs and got him in the groin.

I know i should never wish that on another male, but damn did it ever feel nice to see this grown man on the brink of tears after deciding to take liberties on me and a bunch of children (this was last year,I was 17 at the time)

Thats the closest i've ever gotten to wanting to fight someone, like i said im usually pretty calm and keep to myself, but this guy took it too far.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
One time I was playing in a game, and some guy stated over to me. He was speaking Spanish and looking at me with shifty eyes. Thats when I noticed his blue bandana. This guy was a Crip.

As a tried-and-true Blood, I knew it was on. I happened to skate past him in the second, and he tried to shank me back to the golden age. I deftly avoided his prison-honed kill skills, and would up with a breakaway.

I wasn't able to convert on the scoring chance. As I made my way back to the bench, I met his gaze. His eyes squinted, almost as though a tiger had farted in his face. We both threw down our equipment.

Both teams cleared their respective benches, and what started out as a simple knife fight between two gang members turned into a 30 man beautifully choreographed dance-brawl. 45 minutes later, I and 3 of my teammates stood, victorious.

Getting back to the topic at hand though- what pissed me off was my friend, Ponyboy, forgot to charge his video camera, so a potential upload to Youtube was lost forever.

Come onnnnnnn with these stories. Anyone who reads this and is just getting into hockey would think we are all a bunch of ******bags.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
One time I was playing in a game, and some guy stated over to me. He was speaking Spanish and looking at me with shifty eyes. Thats when I noticed his blue bandana. This guy was a Crip.

As a tried-and-true Blood, I knew it was on. I happened to skate past him in the second, and he tried to shank me back to the golden age. I deftly avoided his prison-honed kill skills, and would up with a breakaway.

I wasn't able to convert on the scoring chance. As I made my way back to the bench, I met his gaze. His eyes squinted, almost as though a tiger had farted in his face. We both threw down our equipment.

Both teams cleared their respective benches, and what started out as a simple knife fight between two gang members turned into a 30 man beautifully choreographed dance-brawl. 45 minutes later, I and 3 of my teammates stood, victorious.

Getting back to the topic at hand though- what pissed me off was my friend, Ponyboy, forgot to charge his video camera, so a potential upload to Youtube was lost forever.

Come onnnnnnn with these stories. Anyone who reads this and is just getting into hockey would think we are all a bunch of ******bags.

You probably giggle when you hit your thumb with a hammer right?

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
I was actually playing a game of shinny outdoors without any gear or anything but for some reason one of the people i was playing against decided he was going to try to be pro and take slapshots with people in the way, raise the puck above me waist when trying to pass etc.

I confronted him about it, because we were playing with some fairly little kids as well, and he barely missed one with a slapshot he decided to take from the blueline while a couple little kids had collided in front of the goal and fallen down.

At that point i had enough and went over and told him to keep it on the ice if theres a kid in his passing lane, and to not take a shot unless the lane was clear. He seemed pretty understanding at first so we carried on for another 10 minutes before he started up again, this time he ignored the kids and decided he would pester me.

Passing it and aiming at my shins, shooting it anytime i was near the net, slashing me, hooking me, sticking his stick in my skates, etc.

I'm usually a very gentle, but decently sized guy, 6 feet 200 pounds but i had enough. He skated towards me and tried to get around me with a deke so instead of going for the puck i decided to throw him on his ass, just as he was falling down, the kid he almost hit earlier tried to pass me the puck and it went right between his legs and got him in the groin.

I know i should never wish that on another male, but damn did it ever feel nice to see this grown man on the brink of tears after deciding to take liberties on me and a bunch of children (this was last year,I was 17 at the time)

Thats the closest i've ever gotten to wanting to fight someone, like i said im usually pretty calm and keep to myself, but this guy took it too far.

That is rare but you dealt with it properly. Most people have common sense outdoors on public ice. Yesterday we played 4 on 4 and 5 on 4 outdoors and had NO issues with anyone.

The guys outdoors who piss me off (sounds like the guy you mentioned) are the ones who only play outdoors a few times a year so that is their place to be super duper competietive and go overboard with physical play or taking slapshots.

The other guy who pisses me off outdoors on public ice is the one who has to steal pucks from children on the backcheck.

i mean how hard is it to let a kid skate with a puck and let him think he is getting away with something.

I mean how can a 5ft 6in teen feel good about stealing a puck from a 5 year old kid? Are you serious!

qwertysac

Nov 14, 2008
Montreal, Qc
I have the puck, take it into the the offensive zone and get high sticked... bleeding, i turn to ref and tell him to "open his ******* eyes" and skate to the bench.

At the next play stoppage he comes over to the bench. I'm still bleeding and cleaning up the cut and he tells me "next time you swear at me i'm giving you and unsportsmanlike conduct penalty"...

what a clown.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
So this kid form the other team shoots the puck at our goalie and he covers it up fine. But this kid gives him a little tap afterwards, so I skate up to him, say "Watch yourself buddy" and skate away. The ref calls a 10 min penalty to me, for 'inciting a fight'. Theres 9 min left in the game so i go to the room, change and come back to watch.

Apparently you cant do that so when the ref told me to move, I ddint knwo that rule and moved a bit off. He sees me again and I move over to the stands to watch. This time, he tells me to go home. At this point im pretty pissed and confused so I stupidly called him a racist...I suppose I deserved the 2 game suspension :P

LAX attack*

What in a game has pissed you off, basically to the point of snapping?

Late in December I was hit after the whistle, while I was looking down at the ground. I was not expecting it and went head first into the board, hurting my neck and giving my a very minor concussion. I am not a big guy at 5'6 130 pounds and I'm not very aggressive either. I have probably 6 penalty minutes this season. But regardless I was fuming, and was ready to go after the guy and kick the living crap out of him, but the ref held me back.

Tonight I play this team again and I plan on CLEANLY getting my revenge on this kid with a big hit on him.

Just wanted to see what stories some of the people had here.

I'm not sure if this is a shot at me or not :dunno: :laugh:http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=23340514&postcount=1

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Yea so when I get slashed in the hand hard twice after I have already covered it and standing up for myself is a stupid and unclassy thing to do.....

If you don't like the thread get out of it and don't look. The ignore thread button is there for a reason. Stop trolling, if you can.

SabresFreak97

Mar 20, 2006
Cheektovegas, NY
Happened two weeks ago:

My team vs New team to the Local league

New team skates into our zone during warm ups to get some pucks. They shot theirs out of the rink. No Problem, I'll give them a few pucks. Well, They decide to take shots at our goalie. Not cool, ref sees this and gets them to their side.

First Period: Kid from my team skates into the zone and dumps the puck in. Their D-man takes the kid down by going after the knee. Ref gives two minute penalty. I go the team Captain explain that stuff like this isn't welcome in the league and to have respect for each other. He was a nice guy and says alright and calls his players around him and informs them.

Second Period: Faceoff in the Offensive zone. We win and their 6'3 220lb "gorilla" decides to take his stick and spear our center. 5 minute penalty. Stupid ref. Guy goes down and can't catch his breath. our RW on the line grabs him and throws him into the boards. 2 minute roughing. Later, same guy is one-on-one with me as I'm skating with the puck. Well, I chip the puck past him, he gets the stick up and cross-checks me in the face(broken nose, 3 teeth knocked out), at the same time his teammate checks me from behind into the boards. The guy that hit me from behind stops makes sure I'm okay while the guy is helped into the corner while the ref holds off our guys. well, I get up and tell the guy who hit me from behind I'm going after the guy in the corner. He says okay but if it gets bad hes pulling me off him.

Well, I go after this gorilla, get in his face. He wants to throw down. I'm 6'1 205, I know I can take him. Well, He comes at me and I swear it was slow motion because he punched so slow. I grabbed his arm and hit him in the cheek, nose, and eyebrow(not in that order I don't think) and he goes down real easily. Guy I think pissed his pants.

Refs call game with the score 4-2. I'm suspended for 10 games and the "new team" is kicked out of the league. We have a 45 game season and we were in our 14th game. Now I'm home licking my wounds, but feeling much better. Can't wait to get back on the ice.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
As a short adult (5'6), I tend to get hit in the head more than taller players, often with elbows. That certainly pisses me off.

Gunnar Stahl 30

...In The World!
Dec 9, 2006
Marty's Better
probably when my hs team was in a bit of a slump after we were undefeated and won a midseason tournament and lost to a ****** team, then at teh end of the game we got into a bench clearing brawl which got us the boot from the league for the rest of the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad