Your League's 2011-12 Winter Season Playoffs

BLBarmada

We're playing the #2 seed today, who would have lost to 15 were it not for 15's goalie being awful and 2's stealing the game, I was there so I know.

Trying to pull off another upset.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
we finished 3rd of the 4 teams. We won the semi's in dramatic fashion. We were down 3-1 after the 1st period, including me missing on a penalty shot, (crossbar). in the 2nd, we got the only goal. 3-2 going into the 3rd. My 1st shift of the period, go out and block a shot at the point, off on a breakaway, faked the snapshot and went backhand and tied the game. My buddy did the same thing with 6 minutes left and we held on for the win. Then in the finals we lose 5-0 to the 4th seed team. Pretty sure you could say we pulled a Vancouver Canucks.

BLBarmada

Are your playoffs like a 16-team re-seed single elimination?

Not exactly, it's 17 teams, 1st with a bye, first game doesn't mean much, 2nd game is winner vs loser and it's winner v winner from there. Finals in double elim.

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
Bah, lost in the 1st round. Interestingly enough it was a rematch of last season's finals. We beat them then, they knocked us out now 3-2.

damacumich

Oct 25, 2011
First round loss here as well, one of my better showings too. I put us up 2-1 in the 2nd, and they shortly tied it up. Stayed that way through the 3rd and through overtime. Our team went first in the shootout, our first 3 skaters all missed, and the other team went 2 for 3. So as the fourth shooter I am in a must make scenario. I make my shootout attempt, tucking it between his arm and body stickside. Our goalie makes the save, and our 5th shooter misses, and we bomb out.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Sadly we are out. Played last night in our first elimination playoff game.

They had all their A players and schooled us 8-1.

The only consolation I can take is I scored and was even but disappointing how we played. Guys seemed to give up.

At least the team I played the tourney with last weekend won the tournament so not the end of the world...yet. Lol

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I am proud and relieved to share that we are the champions of division c+, 18 and over adult league in Rochester Michigan! :win:

Our championship match last night was against the #3 team who had turned on late and won their last games handily. It was a sick game-they had a 1 goal lead early but going into the 3rd we were ahead 4-2. Wouldn't you know it they hustled very hard and tied it up. We won in the 2nd overtime.

Our team is so cool. No one has ever tried to give advice, criticism, or make any plan. In the locker room after a game there is very little comment about what happened on the ice. The only celebration I saw all season was the game winning goal where the players on the ice had a group hug.

We are a mix of guys that never played organized (our goalie has only played 3 years), house league, travel players, and our star defense who played college club. I joined the team 2 months into the season and what a fun team to be part of.

Going 20-5 all season, I think we should move up to the B division. We will get crushed but it would make us a better team overall. We'll see what the captain, team, and organizers feel is best for the future.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
My 1st season playing organized hockey.

We play 20 games a season. Started the season in D1. After our team went 1-7 in the first 8 games, we got relegated to D2. Since then, our team has gone 8W-0L-1OTL-1T. In our new division:

Team 1: 19gp-29pts
Team 2: 18gp-21pts
Us: 18gp-20pts

We should be able to catch team 2 and take 2nd in our division for the playoffs where the top 4 teams face off against one another.

My personal scoring: first 8 games: 1g-0a-1pt. Last 9 games: 6g-5a-11pts. I've seen such an improvement in my own game since the beginning of the season. Some of the scoring comes from being in the new league, but most of it comes from just learning how to play and better positioning.

It was nice to be relegated as we're relevant again :)

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
My 1st season playing organized hockey.

We play 20 games a season. Started the season in D1. After our team went 1-7 in the first 8 games, we got relegated to D2. Since then, our team has gone 8W-0L-1OTL-1T. In our new division:

Team 1: 19gp-29pts
Team 2: 18gp-21pts
Us: 18gp-20pts

We should be able to catch team 2 and take 2nd in our division for the playoffs where the top 4 teams face off against one another.

My personal scoring: first 8 games: 1g-0a-1pt. Last 9 games: 6g-5a-11pts. I've seen such an improvement in my own game since the beginning of the season. Some of the scoring comes from being in the new league, but most of it comes from just learning how to play and better positioning.

It was nice to be relegated as we're relevant again :)

We won our game last night in OT and moved into 2nd place and have now locked ourselves into a playoff spot. We have one game left in the season, and then our final standings will be set. We're guaranteed either 2nd or 3rd position, but our opponent could be one of two teams. Hopefully we'll be playing the team we've beat handidly twice rather than the team we've barely beat twice.

leer2006

Jan 20, 2010
Transcona
champpic.jpg

My kids team Won. 3 game series. Split the first 2 games in overtime. Won the 3rd outright 3-1.

TieClark

Jun 14, 2011
I just had the first of a best of 3 series for the finals last night. Won 3-2... good game. Play again tomorrow so we could potentially finish it with a win

BLBarmada

Our runs over, we were 1:49 from going to the finals and we pulled a Canada WJC's.

3 goals in a minute and forty to lose the game.

stupendousman

Jun 25, 2008
Richmond, BC
Down 1-0 in a best of 3 series in the semis. We were outplayed the first half of last game but stormed back during the latter half of the second and third period. Ended up losing in the shoot-out.

Game 2 tonight, need to pull it out!

OpenIceHit42

May 27, 2011
STL
We finished 2nd in our division (12-6-2).Our first playoff game is Wednesday, we await the winner of the final regular season game tonight, both teams have 20 pts.

Tell me how fair this is; there's a new team in the league this year that was "mis-evaluated" so for the first 13 games of the year they were beating up on lower levels teams by the score of 13-0, 15-1,etc,etc (132GF, 21GA through 13 games). The league decides to move them up to our division at the 13 game mark of the season and moving the last place team down (We were in 1st place at the time), essentially putting this team in first place and bumping a team that was in the thick of things out of the playoff race. Well the team that was moved up went 7-0 in our conference absolutely destroying everyone (beat us 13-5 and 9-1) now this team is the #1 seed in our division and one team is missing out on the playoffs by 1 point. I'd be HEATED if I was the team missing out all because they decided to move someone up 13 games into the season (we only play 20 games)

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
We made it out of the first two rounds as the 5th seed and are now in the finals, which are a best of 5 series. Our first game is next weekend, the same weekend I'm playing a hockey tournament at a different arena. I have one game Friday, two games Sat morning, and then my first finals game at 530. I'm the leading scorer on the team and can't afford to have jelly legs, any tips for getting through the weekend? The game Fri is at 230pm, Sat games are 930am, 145pm, and 530pm.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Still 3 games left in the season for us. If we win all 3 we're in, any losses or ties and we're done.

Won last night to stay alive with 25 seconds left in OT. Yes the goal scorer got mobbed.

We don't expect to make it, but it's still fun trying.

It all comes down to tonight. We won 1 of the next 2 games, and the team we were chasing lost the game they had that we totally expected them to win. They're 1 point ahead of us, and we play them tonight, so a win in regulation means we're in.

Not bad for a team which didn't win a game last season.

Skraut

Jul 31, 2006
Enter city here
Well with a full bench, short shifts, and everybody giving it all, we won last night 2-0 and made the playoffs. It was our goalie's second straight shutout,the only 2 he's ever had.

Stories

Science!
Sep 10, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Won last night and we're locked into either 2nd or 3rd in a 7 team league. We play the same team, regardless of their game tonight. We've beat this team soundly 2 times before, so I'm confident we can take them.

fish7

Feb 11, 2012
st. louis, mo
we choked our last reg season game so we have to play first round sun morning against that same team if we win we play the first place team in the semis and we have knocked them out of the playoffs in the fall and summer. if we make it to the finals most of the guys on my team will probably collapse from having to play three games in a day. Hopefully our token young guy will carry us

fish7

Feb 11, 2012
st. louis, mo
we won the first game 8-1 and lost in the semis 6-5 I took a stupid penalty late in the game and they scored the winning goal on the PP. Their goalie made a great save on me in the waning seconds which kind of negates the hat trick I scored early in the first game

OpenIceHit42

May 27, 2011
STL
Our playoffs is double elimination..

We lost our first game 4-1, won our second game last night 4-1. Now we are on track to face the team that beat us last week (we split the season series)

Malreg

May 12, 2011
The Bantam CC team that I coach won the playoff championship yesterday.

In the semi-finals, we were losing 5-0 halfway through the game, and we ended up winning the game 7-6. Most exciting game I've ever coached.

We tied it 5-5 with 4 minutes left in the game. The other team went up 6-5 with 2 minutes left, and then we tied it again 9 seconds later. Scored again with 1 minute left to win 7-6.

Then we beat the 1st place team 5-1 in the finals. Now we have to play them again in a best-of-3, with the winner moving onto the Provincials.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad