Your Kraken win/points prediction totals

Playoffs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
I'll go 94 points, just good enough to scrape in to the playoffs.

As long as we finish ahead of the Canucks I'll be happy. Even if we miss.

Reactions: andys

Irie

Nov 14, 2010
Pacific Northwest
If the border remains open and the schedule remains the same, I will say 77 points, 5th in the pacific, but the silver lining is that the team wins the 2nd pick in the lottery. :naughty:

Puckrobber

Backup Netminder
Feb 28, 2016
Central Oklahoma
I'll say 42 wins for 89 points. Great first season, but, just short of the playoffs.

Of course, I'll be wrong. They'll win the division with 105 points, then, wreak havoc in the POs, on their way to a Cup win. :D

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I am optimistic based on the way they played against Vegas. They need to clean things up a little but based on the strength of our division they should definitely be fighting for a playoff spot. Should have a better idea by mid-November I think.
Having expected low event hockey, I was very disappointed with their play in the neutral zone in transition in both directions. That definitely was not low event hockey. I was expecting some sort of neutral zone trap, not all 3 forwards getting caught up on the forecheck.

Geekie's goal was the type of play I'd expect, opportunistic goals from neutral zone turnovers. I don't think the team has the skill set to pressure a defensive (for the opponent) zone turnover and score on a consistent basis.

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
Before the season I had them at 93.

I liked game one even if they were giving up a lot, they were at least aggressive. I saw the win vs Nashville, but the defensive shell they went into in the 3rd, even though it worked, was alarming.

I was not able to watch the other 3 games, but the trends of loose defense while not being aggressive offensively is not looking like a good mix. Some practice time, sleeping in their own beds, and playing for their own fans couldn't come soon enough.

Very excited for Saturday.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I never insinuated you were new but anyone expecting this team to be bottom-5 in the league is just surprising to me. I guess we will wait and see.
We're trending that way unless Hakstol fixes the defense. 6th worst in P% right now, and opponents appear to be scoring at will.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
We're trending that way unless Hakstol fixes the defense. 6th worst in P% right now, and opponents appear to be scoring at will.
I am not going to base point totals off a small 5 game sample, all of them being road games. For a team like us last change could be a huge advantage on home-ice.

Also, want to see a few more games with the likes of both Gourde and Jarnkrok on the roster (with no other big injuries as well).

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I am not going to base point totals off a small 5 game sample, all of them being road games. For a team like us last change could be a huge advantage on home-ice.

Also, want to see a few more games with the likes of both Gourde and Jarnkrok on the roster (with no other big injuries as well).
Agree with your points, but I'm concerned with the defense. It's been atrocious. They've given up scoring opportunities that look like the 19/20 Wings where they rostered a bunch of AHL level D.

I hope it's just unfamiliarity with the teammates and defensive schemes, and that they'll gel together. I really didn't think defense would be the issue with this team.

J Corso

Sep 22, 2020
Fanny Bay
Well this poor start has pretty much made my 94 pt prediction extremely unlikely. Gotta win all 4 games on the homestand in a row just to get back on a playoff pace.

Not impossible yet but scarily close to it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad