Your Hockey Story

AintLifeGrand

Burnin Jet-A
Apr 8, 2009
GreatestSnowOnEarth
First got into Hockey when the Atlanta knights won the turner cup in the mid 90s, started playing in 1995 at the age of 7,i'm sure the Mighty Ducks movies helped fuel my passion for the game

Continued to play in House leagues and All star travel team as a goalie until 2003 when i started playing bantam, when my dad wouldn't buy me new goalie pads. Bantam was when i started facing harder shorts and i hated getting hit in the knee by harder shots whenever i'd go into butterfly mode.

Due to my experience playing forward in roller hockey i converted to Left wing and continued to play out for my high school team where i assumed the roll of a 2nd line left wing. I was a pretty streaky player, kind of a mix between eric christensen and joffrey lupul, without any sort of defensive awareness at all.

At the same time I played for my highschools roller team where i tore **** up, leading my league in points per game and scoring despite playing a shortened season due to family ski trips and college visits.

Ice hockey career ended in 2006, in one of my final games as a highschooler when i got caught with my head down intercepting a pass in the neutral zone in preparation to start an odd man rush. Got clipped, helmet flew off due to my loose chinstrap and landed on my face basically breaking my face.

Since then i've only managed to play a few games of pick up roller hockey, but miss playing on ice more than anything on earth, looking back, those 5 am practices and games were some of the best times of my life, I miss that **** bad.

I feel like had i continued to play goalie i would have had a successful d-1 college career,and had it not been for my injury i would have been able to play a bottom 6 role on a d-3 college team, but who knows

Anyways i thought this would a rad opportunity to brag and reminisce about some of the better times in life when finding a job, college, paying bills and all that BS were not even conceptualized thoughts while the threat of dwindling ice team resulting in the score keeper running the clock down and where your team would have post game breakfast were the paramount concerns of the day.

Last edited:

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I grew up with hockey around me. My dad played...My Uncles played...its in my blood. Been a big fan my whole life and have been playing since I was 6 until recently where injuries have put me on the shelf. Never have played roller hockey competitively though.

Played in AA/AAA for most of my life and had some great times. Never really won anything which was disapointing but playing for my School is where I won a ton of tourny's and what not.
Won the State championship my Junior year and lost in the Finals every other year which I have to say sucked. Played all 4 years varsity and has appointed Captain for the final two.

Now, this is where things went south. The semifinal game of my senior year with 2 minutes left in the third with the game tied I went to get the puck at center ice and got hip checked from behind and blew up my knee. I just thought I strained it as addrenaline kept me going. We went on to win the game and I tried suiting up for the next game which I got 5 minutes into the 1st of the Final where I got another dirty hip check and couldn't get back up. Which lead to a brawl which was pretty entertaining I have to say. We lost the game in OT and I still havent gotten over it.

I had a scholarship to a fairly good D-2 School to play but I haven't been able to play because of my knee so it got revoked. Which is very disapointing.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
I'm a 1st gen Canadian (parents immigrated here) so I had to discover the game on my own. After years of playing street hockey and slowly but surely learning to skate, I finally got my chance to play ice hockey. I wanted to be a goalie but my parents couldn't afford equipment, so I got stuck playing as a forward. I was a decent skater with good size and vision though, and after about three years I was a pretty good and found myself trying out for single A hockey... but competition really took the fun out of the game, so I went back down to house league.

Two autoimmune diseases and the early stages of leukemia put a damper on my hockey though... I knew after coughing up blood after a few games and a scary post-game experience that my folks would pull me out of hockey. I was crushed.

I put on a ton of weight, as lack of exercise + a highschool nerd's diet helped me balloon up. By the time I was all healthy again I was ~230lb, and quite frankly I sucked. I still had my vision, but my skating, passing, shooting, strength, and speed had all diminished.

So in my first year of university I found myself with a lot of free time and decided to start losing weight. I corrected my diet to a degree, started working out a lot more, and went to all of the open ice sessions that I could afford. It was only last year that I really started to get my game back and became a threat offensively (see my old thread complaining about guys gooning me lol). As it stands right now I'm at about 6'2 190 and playing the best hockey of my life, as I can hang with a lot of my old hockey friends who were former AA players... I don't mean to brag but I'm dominating D level summer hockey :laugh: I'd love to be a competitive player at C or B before I get old... playing for my university team would be a dream come true but I'm just not good enough yet.

I'm still not in tremendous shape (16.4% body fat... down from 33) but I'm still working on it!

Long story short: I played house league, made it as far as A level hockey, got sick, stopped playing, got fat, started playing, got in shape, started playing better.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
I'm a 1st gen Canadian (parents immigrated here) so I had to discover the game on my own. After years of playing street hockey and slowly but surely learning to skate, I finally got my chance to play ice hockey. I wanted to be a goalie but my parents couldn't afford equipment, so I got stuck playing as a forward. I was a decent skater with good size and vision though, and after about three years I was a pretty good and found myself trying out for single A hockey... but competition really took the fun out of the game, so I went back down to house league.

Two autoimmune diseases and the early stages of leukemia put a damper on my hockey though... I knew after coughing up blood after a few games and a scary post-game experience that my folks would pull me out of hockey. I was crushed.

I put on a ton of weight, as lack of exercise + a highschool nerd's diet helped me balloon up. By the time I was all healthy again I was ~230lb, and quite frankly I sucked. I still had my vision, but my skating, passing, shooting, strength, and speed had all diminished.

So in my first year of university I found myself with a lot of free time and decided to start losing weight. I corrected my diet to a degree, started working out a lot more, and went to all of the open ice sessions that I could afford. It was only last year that I really started to get my game back and became a threat offensively (see my old thread complaining about guys gooning me lol). As it stands right now I'm at about 6'2 190 and playing the best hockey of my life, as I can hang with a lot of my old hockey friends who were former AA players... I don't mean to brag but I'm dominating D level summer hockey :laugh: I'd love to be a competitive player at C or B before I get old... playing for my university team would be a dream come true but I'm just not good enough yet.

I'm still not in tremendous shape (16.4% body fat... down from 33) but I'm still working on it!

Long story short: I played house league, made it as far as A level hockey, got sick, stopped playing, got fat, started playing, got in shape, started playing better.

great story, very inspring too about loosing weight and everything. playing hky at any level is better than not playing.

sbkbghockey

Aug 26, 2008
at the ice rink, USA
my story:
I come from a hockey family so I was put on skates at an early age, soon after i learned to walk. I joined house leagues around 5 or 6 and later on played AA hockey. Got to high school and went to a private high school, the team wasnt that good and didnt get alot of support so after two seasons I transfered to a public high school (and a big hky school). Jr. year and the first on the new team i was the top scorer and Sr. year became captain and was 3rd in scoring and 2nd in points. Got an offer to an NJCAA school but passed it up to go to another school. after two seasons there transfered to a four year program and am now playing club hockey for an ACHA DII school.

dirtydevs9

Feb 2, 2008
USA
Didn't discover the game until about 2 years ago, and I'm glad I did.
I started out with a plastic Franklin stick that was about 2 feet tall and a rubber puck that I would shoot around in my driveway. I got a real stick and a ball and started following the NHL and reading up on skills and tips. Come Christmas I got a pair of skates and the following Spring I joined my first hockey league. I was a top player in my league, which is pretty impressive for a first time player. Now I'm taking it fairly seriously, but not forgetting the fun, by getting in hockey shape and doing hockey drills to get ready for Summer hockey. Never loved a sport so much and I will never stop playing.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
unfortunately I didn't start playing ice hockey untill PeeWees, played 2 years of Travel, 3 years of JV hockey, and one on Varsity although I rarely played, wasnt in the best shape and wasnt the best positionally, mediocre hands at best. went to college and didnt play at all for 2 years, but while I was there I was able to get into much better shape. After college I picked it up again and improved a lot, faster, better hands, better overall skater, better positionally, more confident with the puck. I play as many tournaments as I can, and as many leagues. over the winter I played 3 nights a week, a D league, a C+ league, and a B league. To this day I still regret starting as late as I did, but really theres nothing I could do about it, my dad was a football and baseball player, so he tried to get me into those sports early on My cousin from Pittsburgh is the one who got me started in hockey, and hes the only other family member whos played before, so its not exactly a family sport.

Ragss

Jul 5, 2007
I'm from Edmonton, my parents had me in power skating when I was 2 years old all the way until I was 12. I was in hockey from Tom Thumb (not sure what its called now...its a 6 yearolds chasing the puck) to second year novice. My feet hurt so bad that I had absolutely no desire to play hockey or even skate for that matter. My parents didn't believe me so they begrudgingly let me quit hockey around age 12. Then through junior high and high school I became an overweight compter geek. Ironically, its the computer geek in me that has gotten me back in to hockey. Ever since I got NHL 07 I've suddenly become obsessed with hockey. Last summer I bought all the gear I needed and started playing again. My feet still hurt, so much so I limp after my games, but now I can just suck it up. Not playing for 9 years definitely stunted my growth as a player. After one season of rec leagues and shinny I'd reckon the only things I could do better than an 11 yearold Novice player would be straight line speed and shot power.

I'm somewhat bitter about the excruciating pain I endured as a child, I'm 6'5 240 right now and I can't help but feel that if I had this love of hockey throughout my youth I might have had some small chance making a living at punching people in the AHL.

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
I was born and lived in Washington D.C. till I was 7 years old. I got my love for hockey from my parents who both followed the Washington Capitals. I would play hockey in the street all the time. My parents then decided to move to Georgia. As most of you know, there isn't much hockey in south Georgia. I learned how to roller blade and I'd play street hockey with the neighborhood kids. I taught most of them how to play. I kept playing street hockey in that neighborhood until we moved again. This time we moved to the middle of the woods and out closest neighbor was a couple miles away.

I'd play hockey with my Dad and 2 little brothers(the youngest is a goalie) in our drive-way. Our drive-way is only 16 feet by 16 feet so it was small. I made friends at school got them interested in hockey. They'd come over to my house and we'd have 3-on-3 inline hockey on a small drive-way. I think that's where I developed my good stick-handling and checking ability, you had so many people in a small area. You had to stick-handle around them or go through them. I'd play in my drive-way all day and night. I kept doing this until I was about 15.

My Dad ended up getting a raise and my parents had concrete poured in out back-yard. It was only 60 feet by 60 feet and didn't have boards, but it was much more spacious then the drive-way. Me, my Dad, brothers and friends would play on our small rink all the time. Even though we were playing in-line we played like it was ice. We'd hit, fight, block-shots and all that good stuff. There was an in-line hockey league in Savannah that I knew about but it was 1 hour and 30 minutes away and expensive. My parents couldn't pay for me and my 3 brothers to all play. Well my dad got another raise and we were able to play in the league.

I had never played against other kids before or played in a real league before so there was an adjustment period for me. I wasn't used to the rink size or boards. I ended up having a great year scoring 33 goals in 18 games. My highlight of the year came in the playoffs when I scored 10 goals in 2 games. My team got eliminated but I was named league MVP.

And that's were I'm at now. I'm playing in a high school in-line hockey league. I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to play as good as I do after never playing organized hockey. I sometimes wonder if I could have had a career in hockey if I had stayed in D.C...I doubt it but you never know.

SiouxPride

Dec 26, 2006
WINNIPEG!
I was born and lived in Washington D.C. till I was 7 years old. I got my love for hockey from my parents who both followed the Washington Capitals. I would play hockey in the street all the time. My parents then decided to move to Georgia. As most of you know, there isn't much hockey in south Georgia. I learned how to roller blade and I'd play street hockey with the neighborhood kids. I taught most of them how to play. I kept playing street hockey in that neighborhood until we moved again. This time we moved to the middle of the woods and out closest neighbor was a couple miles away.

I'd play hockey with my Dad and 2 little brothers(the youngest is a goalie) in our drive-way. Our drive-way is only 16 feet by 16 feet so it was small. I made friends at school got them interested in hockey. They'd come over to my house and we'd have 3-on-3 inline hockey on a small drive-way. I think that's where I developed my good stick-handling and checking ability, you had so many people in a small area. You had to stick-handle around them or go through them. I'd play in my drive-way all day and night. I kept doing this until I was about 15.

My Dad ended up getting a raise and my parents had concrete poured in out back-yard. It was only 60 feet by 60 feet and didn't have boards, but it was much more spacious then the drive-way. Me, my Dad, brothers and friends would play on our small rink all the time. Even though we were playing in-line we played like it was ice. We'd hit, fight, block-shots and all that good stuff. There was an in-line hockey league in Savannah that I knew about but it was 1 hour and 30 minutes away and expensive. My parents couldn't pay for me and my 3 brothers to all play. Well my dad got another raise and we were able to play in the league.

I had never played against other kids before or played in a real league before so there was an adjustment period for me. I wasn't used to the rink size or boards. I ended up having a great year scoring 33 goals in 18 games. My highlight of the year came in the playoffs when I scored 10 goals in 2 games. My team got eliminated but I was named league MVP.

And that's were I'm at now. I'm playing in a high school in-line hockey league. I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to play as good as I do after never playing organized hockey. I sometimes wonder if I could have had a career in hockey if I had stayed in D.C...I doubt it but you never know.

Thats almost exactly like my story. My parents cant afford ice hockey right now, so I play inline hockey, I dont have all that much of a story really,

I basically got left out all the time becuase all ym friends had hockey games & tournaments, and i didnt, and when they were free i had soccer. So I was at my friends house once, and he plays AAA hockey, his dad was in the AHL breifley when he was younger, and they both introduced me to In - Line hockey, and we used to go to the rinks in the summer and play in there, they taught me so many things because both my friend and his dad had been playing for a while already.

Again, not a very good story but hey, in the end, its just the love of the game that matters right?

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
Nice reads there guys, I like to see how diverse we are here and all.

I played Highschool hockey and that was it .... I was on a checking line that did not get much ice time. I could hit hard and steal pucks, kill penalties etc and that was about it.

I have a killer slapshot and everything else is average for shots but i have fun like you guys do.

Almost losing my leg to a serious infection at 10 or 11 years old killed any chance of being a hockey player as a career. It left a hole in my knee (under the skin of course ... sheeesh that would be gross lol) I still have a weak knee but i make do with it.

Thankfully I have never injured a knee playing so it has been good.

I have fun in men's leagues and have since maybe 1989 ... I graduated in 1987.

I play lots of hockey indoors as pickup hockey, men's league games and also outdoors on ponds, public rinks or rinks people make themselves including the rink I make myself every other year in my backyard.

lextune

I'm too old for this.
Jun 9, 2008
New Hampshire
I was born in 1971, in Boston. So hockey ruled my world. My Dad played, my uncles played, all their friends played.

I was skating almost before I could walk and played youth hockey all through elementary school. But my other great love in life is music. And by the time I got to middle school I was spending more time devoting myself to the piano than to hockey.

I briefly flirted with a return to playing my freshman year of high school. I was pretty good, a playmaking center; a good skater. A half-decent stickhandler with a better than average shot, but I wasn't going to make the NHL or anything, and I was just too busy with music to put in the time.

After college I started to play a little in adult leagues for a year or two, but again became too busy with music/work related issues to continue.

After about 10 years of not playing at all, I started playing again about two years ago in an adult league. I play 1 to 2 times a week, pretty much year round. I'm a little bit slower than I used to be of course (38 years and two knee injuries will do that, lol), and it took me about six months to get used to playing with composite sticks :P ,but I have a lot of fun. It's great.

noobman

Nov 28, 2007
I play lots of hockey indoors as pickup hockey, men's league games and also outdoors on ponds, public rinks or rinks people make themselves including the rink I make myself every other year in my backyard.

Why every other year?

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
Im a first generation canadian, my parents immigrated to canada, and i was born in peterbrough. my dad has always been a big hockey fan but we couldnt afford it while i was living in canada, so when my dad got a secure job in michigan, he finally considered me playing hockey. ive always been a big hockey fan and its my dream to be a tsn hockey analyst one day, but i wanted to play and see how far i go with hockey. I started skating when i was 12, and did not play organized hockey till i was 13. I played house hockey for the first year, travel hockey when I was 14, now im 15 and im gearing up to play high school hockey. i have a passion for the game and i go to hockey camp 3 days a week over the summer, and every weekend go to a drop in or sticks and pucks. i have become a better player than many of the ppl who started playing hockey when they were 3 or 4. I hope to play well enough this upcoming year and make a name for myself in the hockey world. 2 years of high school hockey and then maybe my senior year of high school tryout for a junior A or B team in either the NAHL or USHL. im committed and ill need a bit of luck 2 on the way.
GO LEAFS

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
I started watching hockey when I was one, my dad's friend who lived was us was a HUGE hockey fan and we would watch the blackhawks play everyday, (later on I got smart and became a Canucks fan) I took powerskating and finally learned to skate when I was two and started playing in a leauge when I was four. Funny enough the first goal I ever scored was in my own net :)

I kept playing house leauges until second year pee-wee I got cut from the A team twice in pee-wee and was the last cut in the second year. In Bantam I finally made the A team and started on the 3rd line and worked my way up too the first. Our team won the division and the playoffs and I had 35 Points in 49 games. This year in Second year Bantam I played AA although the AAA coach said I should of played for them and In the pre-season I had 7 Goals and 9 Assists in 8 games.

In the last game before we were going to go away for a tournament I was on the PK and right when I went to clear the puck one of the other players hit he causing me to twist and spin into the boards. I tried to get up but couldn't and had to drive for two hours too get to the nearest hospital. After a night in the hospital the doctors said that I broke my back and wouldn't be able to play for 1-4 Months (He said this on November 2nd). The doctor said if was any deeper or and higher I would of needed Surgery and wouldn't bhe able to play hockey EVER

Right after Christmas I FINALLY was able to step on the ice and practice with the team, I had not worked out for about 2 Months and was pretty out of shape. I practiced with the team until Mid-January then I was fianlly cleared to play with the team. Right before I played for the first time I got a letter from the Port Albernie Bulldogs Junior A team asking me too come to their prospects camp (will explain more later) and I guess that motivated me because I had a goal and an assist in my first game and in the next 10 games had 20 points with 11 goals and 9 assists. Our team finished in second and went to the finals to play against an American team in Seattle in the playoffs where the reff's actually screwed us over giving our players penaltys that weren't even on the ice and after the game saying "Sorry I couldn't let Canada win"

Then I went to the prospects camp and I was amaingly nervous and didn't know what to expect. My nerves were calmed a bit when I found out I was playing against my own age group. In the first game I thought I played really well, I scored the game trying goal and skated really hard and hit hard, in the next two games I played well but didn't get any points then in the final game I scored another goal and got an assist but we lost in a shootout. The scouts said that they really liked how I played and that I was top 3 on my team and that they wanted me too tryout next year against the reaturning Junior A players.

Soo basically it goes from

First goal on yourself----->Getting cut from Pee-wee team------>Breaking back------>Trying out for Junior A team

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
Why every other year?

That means when I feel like doing it because it is a lot of work. it's nice to walk out your back door and play on your own ice but it is a lot easier to drive to a rink made somewhere else and using that.

I live in Maine too and sometimes we get air masses that are too warm and the highs are 36 to 40 for 3 days and then it gets cold again with canadian air masses and goes to -20F at night.

You need a good solid winter to maintain a rink easily without heartache of 2 days of rain ruining your 1 to 2 week's worth of work.

I guess what I mean is your heart has to be in it. last winter was awesome for outdoor ice, one of the best i can remember and I did not even make my own rink.

I literally have 5 places to skate near my house and a few more a little biut of a drive away so it isn't a big deal honestly. They use groomers and have access to the city water hydrants and can flood easily with a fire hose. I have to use a garden hose which takes .... a .... loooooooong .... time..... to.... flooooooood a rink.

Hockeyfan68

Dec 24, 2006
Lewiston, ME USA
www.myspace.com
Im a first generation canadian, my parents immigrated to canada, and i was born in peterbrough. my dad has always been a big hockey fan but we couldnt afford it while i was living in canada, so when my dad got a secure job in michigan, he finally considered me playing hockey. ive always been a big hockey fan and its my dream to be a tsn hockey analyst one day, but i wanted to play and see how far i go with hockey. I started skating when i was 12, and did not play organized hockey till i was 13. I played house hockey for the first year, travel hockey when I was 14, now im 15 and im gearing up to play high school hockey. i have a passion for the game and i go to hockey camp 3 days a week over the summer, and every weekend go to a drop in or sticks and pucks. i have become a better player than many of the ppl who started playing hockey when they were 3 or 4. I hope to play well enough this upcoming year and make a name for myself in the hockey world. 2 years of high school hockey and then maybe my senior year of high school tryout for a junior A or B team in either the NAHL or USHL. im committed and ill need a bit of luck 2 on the way.
GO LEAFS

Go for it! You only live once and I know when you are 15 being too old to play seems far away but it really isn't.

Enjoy it now and play as often as you can .... live life to the hilt.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Well, I started playing in a league in 1995 at age 3. I played Defense until everyone else started growing and I, unfortunately, stayed short and pretty skinny. I played my first year of truly competitive hockey when I was about 9 years old in Atom AA. My team had a poor year and the year after I got picked onto last season's 1st place team. We went on to the finals and lost. The next year I played AA in the first year of body contact. I was one of the top 3 on my team and my team won the championship, only losing 1 game all year. I played AA for one more year before the split age group started and everyone grew except for me. I was overlooked for AA two years but managed in A for those years. Last season was Midget where the age group is 16-18 years old. I didn't get the call for AA or A. I was pretty crushed that I was in B, and to boot I was on the worse team. I had a pretty good season though and really am going to pick it up this summer going into a skating school since at 5'6 125 pounds, my skating really has to be my strongest trait.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
Go for it! You only live once and I know when you are 15 being too old to play seems far away but it really isn't.

Enjoy it now and play as often as you can .... live life to the hilt.

yeah i work really hard and although im an average/good skater, i make up for it with my passing and vision, and a pretty accurate wrister. I want to have a real good next 2 years in high school and then move to maybe wyoming to play for the yellowblades. they pay all my living expenses and playing junior A or B hockey out of state is almost like playing for the national development team where i get scouted by colleges and stuff. im prolly one of the better players on my high school team so we'll see. But thanx for the support

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Being the youngest of 4 boys, I pretty much got involved with whatever interests my brothers had. It started with soccer, then baseball, then hockey. They eventually moved on to other interests but I was hooked. My family couldn't afford for me to play ice, so I played dek and roller hockey beginning around age 7. Eventually when I turned 15, I got a part-time job so I could finally afford to play ice. I spent about a year practicing skating and all that fun stuff and played for my high school for my junior and senior years. In those two years I improved drastically, going from falling down 3 times a game on the 4th line to leading my team in scoring, and ended up playing in college (nothing special, just d-III.) I played my first two years there but due to a few circumstances, namely developing bursitis in both of my heels which made it incredibly painful to skate and hockey became pretty much like a chore or a job and it just wasn't fun anymore, I gave it up. Something I've regretted a few times since then, but overall I'm very proud of the fact that I essentially lived my dream of being able to play ice hockey, especially at a decently competitive level.

Last edited:

CRTigger

Jul 4, 2009
Vancouver Island
I began playing hockey at age 11, and immediately began my life's calling: goaltending. Over the last four years, I have shown exponential improvement, with my first two years in PeeWee spent in house, the next in Bantam B, and this past season in Bantam AAA, with AAA spring hockey in each of the last two years. I have battled local politics (which are a *****:shakehead) fairly successfully with some exceptions (notably my Vancouver Island U-16 evaluations), making a reputation for myself on the Island as a top-tier goaltender. I made a strong case for the recent WHL Bantam Draft, which wasn't a huge deal for me since I want to make my way to the NCAA anyway. I am trying out for my area's BC Major Midget team this summer, as well as trying to get into my local Junior B team's training camp. My goal is to play Junior A in the BCHL and through a combination of strong play and excellent school grades recieve a scholarship to a Division I NCAA school to play. After that, who knows, I would like to play professional hockey (the NHL would be the dream of a dream of a dream come true, but I will give it my best shot), but by getting a degree in university, I will never be without a career path.

That's my hockey story.

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
yeah i work really hard and although im an average/good skater, i make up for it with my passing and vision, and a pretty accurate wrister. I want to have a real good next 2 years in high school and then move to maybe wyoming to play for the yellowblades. they pay all my living expenses and playing junior A or B hockey out of state is almost like playing for the national development team where i get scouted by colleges and stuff. im prolly one of the better players on my high school team so we'll see. But thanx for the support

If you really want to play Junior A then go to OHS (Okanagan Hockey School) if it is at all possible. Me and Headcoach both highly reccomend it and so do many NHL players, last year Danny Heatly was there and a few other NHL players. I went there and it is owned by the Port Albernie Bulldogs, a Junior A team and that is where I got invited to their camp as a 14 year old and now I am trying out for a spot on their team when I am 16

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad