Your Guess for Best Goalie

Status
Not open for further replies.

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
Who will be the best goalie?
Right now I think it has been rask, as he's done well in both of his games. Kuznetsov maybe if he takes the starting job from Khudobin. The Swiss arent doing terrible; Tobler could end up with it if the Swiss pull out a bronze.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
nurminen31 said:
Who will be the best goalie?
Right now I think it has been rask, as he's done well in both of his games. Kuznetsov maybe if he takes the starting job from Khudobin. The Swiss arent doing terrible; Tobler could end up with it if the Swiss pull out a bronze.
Rask will win it if they can pull out bronze, and they don't get blown out by Canada.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
Its really too bad the Swedes are such a bad team, because they have a great goalie in Heino-Lindberg! If they had any semblance of a competitive unit out there, he would be a shoe in. Having said that, I like the way Rask has played, and also Khudobin. Glass really hasn't done anything other than playing behind possibly the best D corps in recent memory at the WJC. It's tough to say, but I think Rask or Khudobin will win it, or as the games get really interesting Glass and Montoya could still pull it out. Too close to call at this time.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Rask.

Whats up with all the highly touted goalies playing so great in the WJHC? Fleury, Montoya, Rask. Then when they are picked they start slipping. Fleury last year, Montoya this year.

To all those who will bash me for putting Montoya up there for slipping, I am talking abou based on his 2004 performance. Thus far his 2005 Tourny hasnt been as good. That can change though.

Puckhead

Jun 13, 2004
Behind you!!!
La-La-Laprise said:
Rask.

Whats up with all the highly touted goalies playing so great in the WJHC? Fleury, Montoya, Rask. Then when they are picked they start slipping. Fleury last year, Montoya this year.

To all those who will bash me for putting Montoya up there for slipping, I am talking abou based on his 2004 performance. Thus far his 2005 Tourny hasnt been as good. That can change though.
Laprise, you have nothing to be worried about. You are not saying anything that is false. I defy anyone on these boards to come out and say that Montoya has played well, forget about played as well as last year!

User571

Apr 5, 2004
Between the Pipes
La-La-Laprise said:
Rask.

Youre right Montoya is slipping-he seems shakey. He gave up two horrid goals against the Swiss.

As for highly touted goalies slipping, I think they are really trying to show what theyre made of before they are drafted, and I think by default some of the motivation goes away since theres not much left to prove.
I think Fleury should have been even more motivated last year, since he was one or two saves away from getting gold the year before. I think he just played ok. So far Montoyas "choke" has been worse than Fleurys, but until Montoya shoots one off Goligoski to lose the gold, Fleurys will be more memorable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad