Your Greatest Accomplishment in hockey

BlackAces

Play Your Game
Dec 31, 2007
Personally it would be gathering 80 points in 29 games in my second year pee-wee, Or this year where I broke my back and came back for the playoffs and we went to the finals where we got completely screwed over by the refs. I managed 20P in the 12 games I played.

Team wise: Christmas tournament 1st year pee-wee, we were in the finals and it seemed like 300 people were watching, we were down 7-2 going into the third and we managed to make it 7-6 with a minute to go. With 30 seconds one of our guys put it in on a rebound, then in overtime there team puts it off the post and on the rebound everyone over skated the puck except for our one player who went on a breakaway for the win.

yankeecpt15

Apr 30, 2005
CT
banging the coach's daughter the same night he benched me in the 3rd period of a playoff game...got her home 3 hours after her curfew...he knew i was out with her because he never said another word to me

I was just wondering what everybody thinks their greatest accomplishment was while playing hockey? Now this could be your team winning a big tournament, or and individual thing?

Mine would be when my minor hockey team won the International Silver Stick. My town is only 1500 people and it was quite the thing to go play against Big City teams and come home champs. My most proud day on the Ice. What about you guys(and girls)?

Frolov99

Mar 2, 2008
Ottawa
Cool thread. When I was playing rep hockey, I won the South Grenville Minor Hockey League Award for Most Sportsmanlike Player of the Year... And when I was younger I remember tearing up a tournament in Smith Falls and got the Tournament MVP...Besides that, being called up to play junior with my brother was pretty cool too. :yo:

Oh yeah, I also bodychecked a girl. :sarcasm:

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
In summer hockey, I played in a lower division to play with my cousin and two best friends. I spent all summer teaching the girls the basics of hockey and in our final game, we were tied 1-1 with 30 seconds left.

I set one of our girls, Ang, up because I was taking the face off. I told her to just shoot the puck if she touches it.

I win the draw, straight back to Ang who throws herself into the shot and falls down. The puck trickles past the goalie (who was actually a Division A goalie, I play against her in the winter league) for the winning goal.

I had never felt so proud, Ang had never scored a goal and that was her first one. And we won the leauge.

Paranoid Android

mug mug mug
Sep 17, 2006
Winning the High School State Championship my senior year. We played the last game of the tournament at the GEC (where the Predators play).

flyersguy33*

16AA my club teams went to Nationals. I led all the goalies there in save % and g.aa. Pretty cool seeing your name on the USA hockey website. Too bad we lost the the San Jose Jr. Sharks in the quarterfinals.

In one of the games I had 50 saves and we had 55 shots on net. We lost 2-1 in OT. That was a hell of a game.

Back in 94

In Gillis I trust
Jul 21, 2007
9 goals in 1 game. We won 9-8. The goalie from the opposing team had a hangover though:):):)

Escapades

Mar 7, 2009
When I was 13, the day after my father died of Lung cancer, I had a hockey game against a team that had beaten us twice (close games) that season. My Mom, who has Multiple Sclerosis and is wheelchair bound, had come out to the game for just the second time ever to watch me play. With under 2 minutes left to play the score was tied 2-2 and I had scored both goals ( at the time this was not common at all for me to do ). I was coming up the boards and tried to cut to the middle but one of there players impeded me enough so that the puck slid off my stick about a foot. In a last ditch effort a did a diving slap shot and hit the ground while simultaneously hearing a loud *ping* noise. Lying on the ground I looked over and saw the puck lying in the net (my teammate told me later I had rung it in off the crossbar). I just laid there for a good 30 seconds doing snow angels and smiling like I'd never thought I'd smile again, while staring up at the ceiling while my teammates came over. we won the game 3-2 and I had my first ever hat trick. . .

The first two goals I had scored I attribute to my own doing, but that third one was different. I was staring at the puck the whole time, I was off balance (well airborne), I had the vaguest idea of where the net was, and I was just trying to make contact, Those first two were my goals, that third one, that was my Dad. That is, maybe not my greatest moment, but my most emotional moment on the ice.

HFPM

Mar 25, 2006
Leduc...
www.fortybelow.ca
Probably when I scored 100 goals 2nd year novice.

Granted, we had a nice system going where my center would flick the puck over the other team, and I'd blow by them and deke out the goalie.

Really sucks they had to screw with age groups the year after.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad