Status
Not open for further replies.

Prominence Problem

"Some may never live, but the crazy never die."
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2002
Blue Jay Way..
Wow!

Hands up if you had Hepo scoring his first NHL goal as in OT winner!?
What a game by the team. Way to stick to a good defensive game plan. Great game by Bob! Kept them in many of times.

vendetta

#CatsAreComing
Mar 22, 2011
Edmonton
If Hubie had a game like Barky had tonight, everyone would say how he’s finally picked it up.
Barky did nothing 5 on 5 against a shit Detroit team. That’s not good enough. He made up for it with special teams play. But if he plays this way against a good team we’re done. Period

Reactions: I am not exposed

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
Vatrano and horn complement each other as a winger pairing, put wenn between them, a defensive minded playmaking center.

lou is playing well, and gives huberdeau a shooter on the opposite side in Tippett.
I'd just swap Luo and Wenn to start. Huby and Horn can work together ... heck, i'd have Acciari centering them, but that might be too weird.

FLpanthers16

#CatsAreComing
Jan 30, 2014
Huby and Wennberg should not play together two playmakers.

Any how congrats Hepo kid is stronger then he looks.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
I loved in OT while Ekblad had been out there for 2 minutes and Bob gets the puck he looks at Bob and is like "Hold it! For the love of god hold it. I'm dead tired. Thank you!"

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I'm critical of Yandles avoidance to take a hit and his defense, he's been fine offensively.
Bob hasn't been great but he's been good enough to be unbeaten so far, he will need to be more consistent against better teams

Come on man. Most AHL goaltenders would have won the first 2 games we played. Us winning the first 2 games had nothing to do with his performance. We won in spite of him, not because of him.

Reactions: RogerRoger

wampa13jku

Jun 29, 2019
Davie, FL
But one thing I won’t ever understand...

Why does it seems that Greiss turns into Patrick Roy every time he plays against us ? That’s just f***in’ crazy...

I was telling the wife the same thing, we have been to several Islanders games at BB&T where Greiss would eat the Panthers alive, hes the like the anti Panthers haha

Reactions: BabyBarkov

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I know someone posted this already but Duke totally overpowered Larkin who gave up and cost them the game.

Reactions: BabyBarkov

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
Bob is bad blablabla... Bla-bla-bla Bob... Bob bad blablabla...

Ridiculous.

Glad he said in interview that the defense is much improve this year !

Now he knows he has to back it up and prove the problem wasn’t only him, and by acknowledging the defense was bad (or even terrible), he puts so much pressure on himself...

Bob is a competitor and will make a lot of people eat crow around here !

BabyBennettov

May 2, 2002
Under the Sunshine
Visit site
THIS! Griess is such a Panther killer LOL

I was telling the wife the same thing, we have been to several Islanders games at BB&T where Greiss would eat the Panthers alive, hes the like the anti Panthers haha

Watch the replay of the OT-winner... That pass was perfect from Duclair...

Yet Greiss nearly made the save if you watch the replay...

Just crazy !

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Come on man. Most AHL goaltenders would have won the first 2 games we played. Us winning the first 2 games had nothing to do with his performance. We won in spite of him, not because of him.

He had some rough moments but also had some big key moments as well.
The team hasn't been great outside the first CBJ game but we're relentless and battle back as a TEAM.
If you want to always compare him to his caphit, go ahead but Yandle will be critiqued just as anyone will be.

Stopped Kane on the penalty shot in the 5-4 win
Stopped 4 of 5 shooters in the SO against CBJ.
Shut the door and gave us a chance to get it to OT with toe save after a rocky 1st period.

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Bob is bad blablabla... Bla-bla-bla Bob... Bob bad blablabla...

Ridiculous.

Glad he said in interview that the defense is much improve this year !

Now he knows he has to back it up and prove the problem wasn’t only him, and by acknowledging the defense was bad (or even terrible), he puts so much pressure on himself...

Bob is a competitor and will make a lot of people eat crow around here !
He is never gonna be worth the contract but thats not his fault, he is a top 10 to 15 netminder when he is right mentally. Last season must have been a huge shock to him, from what he was used to.

GermanPanther

Foundation Defense
Dec 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
But one thing I won’t ever understand...

Why does it seems that Greiss turns into Patrick Roy every time he plays against us ? That’s just f***in’ crazy...

Cause Greiss is a Goalie when he makes some good Stops or important stops and get all the Puck against him he growing on him. Its the same with Grubauer.
I saw that from both on National Level where they had Games in Hockey WM with more then 30 saves carry that Game alone or giving us a Point.

How must it be you are young get your first Game had some good Shifts. Then you get extra Time in OT and your first Goal in this League is a GWG for 2 Points on the Road.
And the best of it those things, mostly garantie you a second Game. But funny during the Game i thought why not put Duclair and Hepo in a Line. Both have a real high speed and skating Game, but another Assist for Duclair as puck Carrier. 0-6 in 5 Games, with that speed on going he could have 60 Assist in 54 Games. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad