Kessel
Phaneuf
Kadri
Gardiner
Rielly or JvR

Top 3 has changed on my list in 2 yrs

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Leafs are run by committee,not 5 players.

In no order: Kessel, Kadri, JVR, Lupul, Gardiner, Reilly and Reimer all serve important future roles but we still need that ace center added to that group. I would hang onto those and consider a trade for Kessel if a number one center came into play.

BayStreetBullies*

why put him there ,he may not re sign ....u cant go into next year with kessel not re-signed or at least extended ....thats why u keep him off your list ,he holds all the cards ,

You could say the same for Phaneuf as well, he's a UFA in 2015.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Phaneuf
Lupul
Kadri
JVR
Reilly

HM: Gardiner

I think Kessel needs to go. I genuinely believe he makes us a much weaker team, whether it be defensively or in dump and chase/board battles scenario. Compound that with the fact we're going to have to pay a premium to him as a UFA and I really think it's time to trade him to maximize our return. That, and it would make sense to ring in a new era from the monstrosity that Burke's tenure was (we've already taken care of Connolly).

BayStreetBullies*

Phaneuf
Lupul
Kadri
JVR
Reilly

HM: Gardiner

I think Kessel needs to go. I genuinely believe he makes us a much weaker team, whether it be defensively or in dump and chase/board battles scenario. Compound that with the fact we're going to have to pay a premium to him as a UFA and I really think it's time to trade him to maximize our return. That, and it would make sense to ring in a new era from the monstrosity that Burke's tenure was (we've already taken care of Connolly).

Yet you want to keep all the aforementioned "monstrosities", which were a result of Burke's trading and drafting.

mattehaus

Feb 12, 2012
Bournemouth, England
Did not have a list last year 2013 my list is:-

1. Joffery Lupul
2. Dion Phaneuf
3. Nazem Kadri
4. James Van Riemsdyk
5. Nikolai Kulemin

HM - Leo Komarov & Jay McClement

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Kessel
JVR
Lupul
Kadri
Phaneuf
Gardiner
Rielly
Reimer

Sure it's 8 players, but I can't really leave any of them off my list. I was tempted to add Frattin, Reimer, Franson all to this list as well

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I'm surprised so few people have Reimer on their list. Do they feel another goalie is going to come from the outside? He doesn't have the potential? A goalie isn't a key player?

firstemperor

May 25, 2011
Yet you want to keep all the aforementioned "monstrosities", which were a result of Burke's trading and drafting.

No one's denying we didn't gain some assets from Burke's tenure, but my opinion is his tenure, as a whole, was quite terrible based on some objective expected rate of return (where we finished standing wise, Hamilton, Seguin) to our situation, as is. The depth of that argument can be left to another thread, no point in making this anymore off-topic than it has become.

Rockinz

Leafs 4 the cup
Feb 25, 2010
Leaf Land
Kessel*
Kadri
Gardiner
Rielly
Phanuef*

*Re-signed, both are UFA's next year and if they have ANY intent to test the FA market... They must be traded.

RiellyGood

Oct 21, 2002
Visit site
i think its more important we have the right guys in the right spots, weve come a long, long ways from the days of blake - stajan - hagman, so i actually think we are a lot closer to becoming that team than only saying 5 players, we have more than 5 guys in their proper spots. we cherish players with heart and passion for the team thats why everyone loves the lupuls the kadris and grabo has been all heart his entire time here, hes quick and mature and responsible, who cares if he hits 60pts he goes hard for the win every night whatever it takes.
but it is becoming worrisome the unit of Kulemin - Grabo - Mac-----> needs to refind itself and what made them such a big part of our team two years ago, if not they could all be in line for a change of scenery sooner than later.

JVR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - C - Frattin
Komarov - McClement - RW
Orr - C - RW

Kadri could fill the number 1 C
Bozak or Grabo may be kept at C or Colborne another candidate
Biggs, Ross, Ashton might be ready for bottom six wing

I feel like we are getting close, kinda like when we lost to the devils in the playoffs went out and got Roberts, Corson and Tucker, those kinda moves to shore things up for a Clowe or a Clarkson type would add more grit throughout. Then tinkering, maybe a Moginly type move was already done for JVR well see yet... but the most important thing we ever did back then was sign Cujo, so if our goalies cant get it done that becomes number one concern, i mean we still made the playoffs with Jryki Lumme and Aki Berg patrolling the d we need a CUJO, still have hopes for our boys

RiellyGood

Oct 21, 2002
Visit site
yuschevich
mccabe pre-extension
tucker pre-primadonna
roberts
Douggy
Wendel

we need those boys with that fire and desire to win the ugly way, persistence,

I think Kadri, Lupul, Grabo, Frattin, Komarov, Dion, Rielly- these guys got it

BayStreetBullies*

Kessel*
Kadri
Gardiner
Rielly
Phanuef*

*Re-signed, both are UFA's next year and if they have ANY intent to test the FA market... They must be traded.

Then let's hope contract negotiations don't fall through, otherwise they won't have any choice but to test the FA market.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad