Your First Sabres Game

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
ah the good old days when games had a variety of different scores

6-5 one night, 3-1 the next, 7-2 the next and 4-3.

Now kit seems like every night is 2-1, 3-1....boring

Anyone know the last time the sabres were in a game that featured at least 12 goals?

I remember a game against the Thrashers a few years back where the Sabres scored like 7 or 8 goals.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
My cherry was against the Caps. A win by double digits in the mid 70's... it was at the Aud and I was in the oranges so my main concern was not so much cheering but avoiding death by gravity, and remembering to count along... 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, WE WANT 15!~

Last edited:

Mattykerr91

May 4, 2014
Cool thread, my first was mid-80s against my dads favourite team the Boston Bruins and Tommy Barasso shut the door, amazing all night for 3-0 win so much fun:)

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
Cool thread, my first was mid-80s against my dads favourite team the Boston Bruins and Tommy Barasso shut the door, amazing all night for 3-0 win so much fun:)

I'm old and demented and dont want to name names but I had a seat right behind the Bruins penalty box on the night Nevin Markwart decided he needed to make a name for himself by challenging Rob Ray. He was tough. He was brave. And he got ended. Ray destroyed him, he never played a meaningful game in the league again.

That guy was a better player than any of us will ever be...

Edit: this whole thing is completely non-thread compliant. I just got there. Sorry bout that.

Last edited:

RoofIt5hole

Ball Don't Lie
Jul 1, 2014
Chicago
First was game 4 in the 99 eastern conference semis against the Bruins. My dad got the tix for game 4 to make sure we'd get to see them play. I can't remember if it was still Marine Midland or had been renamed HSBC arena at the time, but the Sabres won 3-0. Sabres went onto win in 6, And It was en route to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Great memory. My Dad is Czech so he brought a huge Czech flag and waved it everytime Hasek made a huge save.
And i wore my Curtis Brown jersey. Still have it.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
1971-72 season. Buff vs Detriot. Can't remember the date or the score but I was 15, caught the bus to the Aud, bought a standing room tix up behind the last row of oranges and got stuck next to 2 Canucks from St. Catherines who were there to see Marcel Dionne. I had to put up with constant disparagements of Perreault's game compared to Dionne's the whole time.

Not to mention how ****** American's knowledge of hockey was. (Cheering at the wrong time, etc..)

Sabres were hottest ticket in city. Later that year, I got lucky by having a classmate whose family had season tickets but Dad had to work nights. So I got to sit in the oranges regularly for the next couple of seasons.

Enjoy your first Sabres game!

krt88

Jun 19, 2002
Fayetteville, NC
cybionscape.com

Junipero

Jun 11, 2003
Paradise, NL
Lots of awesome first time stories! I hope my first game is as memorable. Now I just need to decide whether to wear my road white or home blue jersey. :laugh:

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Lots of awesome first time stories! I hope my first game is as memorable. Now I just need to decide whether to wear my road white or home blue jersey. :laugh:
Why not both?
One for the first period, one for the second, and pick up a shirt or something to remember the trip for the third period. Bingo!

Mattykerr91

May 4, 2014
I live in Victoria bc now, and my wife got tickets to the Sabres Canucks game in Dec for our anniversary lower bowl can't wait:)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad