Your First Prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunb

Jun 27, 2004
Yale University
The Sedins.

Burke's enthusiasm for the Swedish Twins was contagious. The flurry of trades and exotic hype of twin sensations leading up to the draft just gave so much excitement to all Canuck fans.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Justin Mapletoft. I am waitng for him to break through...maybe this year :propeller

wedge

Oct 4, 2004
victoriaville
Mathieu Garon and Daniel Corso.
I had a french course with Garon and he was very nice. I also saw Corso at the hockey cards store and he bought his rookie card. That's the first time I met hockey players outside the arena and I started follow prospects after that

kruezer

Apr 21, 2002
North Bay
The one that probably got me was the Derek Morris pick by Calgary in 1996, it was out of left field really, but he was a WHLer and I started to follow the Rebels more that year and began to see he every so often.

I waited on pins and needles for years for Toni Lydman to come over.

ProctorSilex

Everest said:
Justin Mapletoft. I am waitng for him to break through...maybe this year :propeller

Amazing that nobody on that champion Rebels team has actually broken out yet with the exception of maybe Martin Erat. Watching them when I lived in RD I would have thought Wanvig, Vandermeer or Mapeltoft would have done something notable by now.

FlyersProspect2

Jun 14, 2004
Chicopee, Ma
I'm a big fan of the NFL Draft. Theres so much info available on these prospects it gets you more interested. Are there any good sites for the NHL prospects? Other than Hockey's Future. Is there a Mel Kiper Jr for NHL prospects? I want to get more involved than I am so I can bust out with a NHL mock draft. Mock drafts rule. :D

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
FlyersProspect2 said:
I'm a big fan of the NFL Draft. Theres so much info available on these prospects it gets you more interested. Are there any good sites for the NHL prospects? Other than Hockey's Future. Is there a Mel Kiper Jr for NHL prospects? I want to get more involved than I am so I can bust out with a NHL mock draft. Mock drafts rule. :D

You know that there is a mock draft board on this site, right?

http://www.hfboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=86

And no, this is it for NHL prospects on the internet. May you never leave. ;)

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
FlyersProspect2 said:
I knew there was one, but I wouldn't be able to make a good enough one because I don't know a whole lot about the prospects.

Don't worry about it, neither does anyone else there...

CurtisJD13

Feb 9, 2005
Bryan Berard.

To this day I believe he would've been one of the top 5 defensemen of all time. This is why face shields are so important.

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
For me it's Éric Chouinard back in 1998, i remember back then that RDS had many reports about him saying the Habs were dumb not to take him and there was a lot on Mike Ribeiro witch i coudn't believe that we had the chance to draft in the 2nd round, there wasd little to no talk about Gagné, back then that it.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad