Your first composite stick

jw2

Jun 13, 2012
Boston
cant find anything better than this:
multi-color easton composite shaft. lightest thing ever. I think the entire team had them by the end of the season.
I had tried a handful of aluminum shafts but always went back to wood, until this guy

kariyastick-240x300.jpg

first full composite was a synergy. hated it. again, went back to wood sticks until I stopped playing competitively.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
First generation Easton Synergy (silver, Yzerman curve, 50 flex). I was 10 or 11 years old.

Favourite was the TPS Rubber Response. Nik Antropov used one before they came out to the retail market and I wanted one so badly. First day it came out I used my birthday money and bought one. Ended up having 4 or 5 of them.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Because it's a message board and I have an opinion on the thread. It wasn't meant to be insulting.

Sure, but I think it would be better for the entire message board, and the thread, if you cut out the snark and perhaps contribute once in a while. Latter part optional of course.

lidstromiscool

May 5, 2007
A local college player gave me his broken gold Synergy. I was young and small enough that I could cut off the broken part and use it normally. I think I slept with that stick for a week straight haha, I was so excited

Rookie109

Mar 31, 2014
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
My first composite was an orange PowerTek 80 flex stick, lasted a few years and was good. After it broke, I got gifted a CCM Lecavalier curved black and blue model which was a massive upgrade lol.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Sure, but I think it would be better for the entire message board, and the thread, if you cut out the snark and perhaps contribute once in a while. Latter part optional of course.

I contribute a lot...I just like to have fun sometimes within the rules :) Wasn't meant to be snark though, it was more jokingly but its tough to see the difference on the boards :(

greyraven8

Dec 24, 2007
Thunder Bay, ON
I had the wood version of the Koho Revolution. I also used the Titan Tpm's with the Bossy curve for a long time, talk about heavy.

I don't remember the brand of my first composite stick but the last wooden stick I had (actually still have in the basement) is a Koho Revolution. Went to the Koho's after Titan became unavailable - both have the plastic along the bottom and were available in a moderate regular curve.

The things I remember about the first composite sticks I had that while they were they were lighter than the wood sticks, the toe of the blade chipped and cracked after a short time period.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad