Movies: Your favourite site to rank or review movies?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
What's your favourite film database/ranking site? I like to use IMDB of course because of the big rating database and filtered search but my favourite is criticker.com. They let me customize how to rank films (I like to use a scale of 1-20) and their tier generation/recommendation system is cool. Plus I like some of the user reviews as they're generally more mature. Interface is clean though took a while to completely learn, also the site I use to make a 'wishlist'.

Flixster used to be good, it's buggy now but good for seeing what new movies are coming out and seeing their RT reviews/trailer. Flickchart is kinda fun albeit slightly tedious after a while and really makes you make hard decisions in terms of how you rank movies.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
After playing around with this stuff on and off, I'm finding more and more that it's all just pointless data entry that can more reliably be replicated with a simple excel spreadsheet.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
This may not make sense, but rateyourmusic.com.

They have a movie section. I don't review much, but there are interesting people on this site. A bit more selective with their tastes than IMDB.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I have yet to find a reviewer I like since Ebert died

Ebert was my go to review guy since I was kid ,, Even though he hated a lot of Horror (That I loved)

Generally found his views on most movies in line with mine

RIP Rog

Sakicfan

Oct 30, 2006
Letterboxd is the way to go. It has multiple functionality, the community is great (there is a good balance between people that enjoys popular movies and those that loves arthouse stuff) and, though it is far from being perfect, I think it's their aggregate score for each movie is usually reliable (which you certainly cannot say about a place like IMDB or Rotten Tomatoes). With the lists people I putting out there, it's really easy to discover underseen great movies.

Criticker is good if you want to automatically rank everything you watch.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Letterboxd is fantastic. Link is in my signature.

All of the above features plus more.

Nice, I like it. Can you change the rating system to 10?

Can you also make it so your username shows a different display name? I'd hate to link my username here since it's self-identifying and my last name which is in it is unique lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad