Your favourite (non-famous) calls

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in

I love how batshit Chris Cuthbert is here. This was probably the most exciting OT game I ever watched. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

Also, I forget what year it was, but it was when the Oilers were down 2-0 to the Stars and they scored twice in the final 75 seconds of the game (Eric Brewer scored one of the goals, forget who scored the other), and then scored again in the first two minutes of OT.

whcanuck

May 11, 2017
I really like the one in the '97 playoffs, Dallas and Edmonton, Mike Modano gets a breakaway off a giveaway, Bob Cole goes "Here's a breakaway Modano of all people....Joseph of all people!" After Cujo stopped him. Bob Cole made that series even more exciting than it already was

Reactions: mrhockey193195

mrhockey193195

Nov 14, 2006
Denver, CO
Game 7, 1994 ECF, everyone knows the famous call by Howie Rose on the GWG. But moments earlier, I think it was Stephane Richer who took a massive off-wing slap shot...Richter made the save, and the puck gets kicked around. How it didn't go in, I will never know. And to that point, Sam Rosen just yells "WHERE'S THE PUCK?!?!". So much emotion and angst from a man that - while he tries to remain as objective as possible - cared so much about that team and so much for the city of NY, and wanted to see the Rangers win it all as much as anyone on the planet.

There's a fraction of a second where professionalism goes out the window for one of the most professional broadcasters we've ever had in our sport. And I loved it.

GMR

Jul 27, 2013
Parts Unknown
Pretty much anything by Gary Thorne. Watching hockey hasn't been the same since he stopped doing play by play.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Also, I forget what year it was, but it was when the Oilers were down 2-0 to the Stars and they scored twice in the final 75 seconds of the game (Eric Brewer scored one of the goals, forget who scored the other), and then scored again in the first two minutes of OT.
They were down 3-0 with four minutes left. Buchberger in overtime. (Game three, 1997.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad