Your Favourite Broadcaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evman*

Mike Emrick is so overrated. He comes off sounding like he's never watched a hockey game before, his voice is annoying and he repeats the most inane comments over and over again.

Chris Cuthbert is the best imo.

One moment a few years ago cemented him as the best in my mind. It was game 4 of the 2001 first round dallas vs edmonton in overtime at skyreach. The place was electric. Now I hate the Oilers, but this game was great. The "Eddie" chants were out in full force and the Oilers had made a big comeback to force OT iirc. Anyways Mike Comrie scored the ot goal, and Cuthbert's call of it was priceless. "Carter circles, behind the net, out front, Comrie....scores! The Edmonton kid, scores in overtime, and the Oilers win, game four!

Just the emotion of it all. Great commentator.

hotgoalie11565

Jun 5, 2004
Farmington, Minnesota
The Voice of the MINNESOTA North Stars; Al Shaver. He called the games for the entire time they were in Minny. While I was in college in the early 1990's, I got the opportunity to meet Al Shaver at the Met Center. He even let me interview him for a paper I wrote for a journalism class. What a great guy. :handclap:
That same night I got to meet the radio voice of the Detroit Red Wings, Bruce Martyn. I could listen to him do games forever compared to Ken Kal.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
Evman said:
Mike Emrick is so overrated. He comes off sounding like he's never watched a hockey game before, his voice is annoying and he repeats the most inane comments over and over again.

Chris Cuthbert is the best imo.

One moment a few years ago cemented him as the best in my mind. It was game 4 of the 2001 first round dallas vs edmonton in overtime at skyreach. The place was electric. Now I hate the Oilers, but this game was great. The "Eddie" chants were out in full force and the Oilers had made a big comeback to force OT iirc. Anyways Mike Comrie scored the ot goal, and Cuthbert's call of it was priceless. "Carter circles, behind the net, out front, Comrie....scores! The Edmonton kid, scores in overtime, and the Oilers win, game four!

Just the emotion of it all. Great commentator.

I've memorized another great quote of his:

"Iginla falls at center....NASLUND dashing in, 10 seconds left, Markus Naslund to the net, STOPPED SCOORES!!! SCORES!! MATT COOKE!!! CASHING IN! 5.7 SECONDS LEFT!!!"

He's just got a great voice and uses plenty of emotion with it. Jim Hughson is pretty good too.

Evman*

nucks&flames said:
"Iginla falls at center....NASLUND dashing in, 10 seconds left, Markus Naslund to the net, STOPPED SCOORES!!! SCORES!! MATT COOKE!!! CASHING IN! 5.7 SECONDS LEFT!!!"

:hockey:

followed by

:cry:

followed by

:hockey: :cheers: :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad