Your favorite "What if?" contemplation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hasbro said:
Nothing D-1 (with the exception of the Alaska schools), in the continental us NCAA hockey doesnt' go further west than Colorado. There are club hockey teams in California, which maybe what you're thinking of.

Oh I know that much. I know if it exists it wouldn't be D-1.

I know Northern Arizona used to have a hockey program. Bill Berg played in it.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What if Patrick Lalime wasn't a sieve in Game 7 vs. Toronto

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
What if Ulf had never cheap-shotted Cam Neely?

What if Otto got caught for kicking it in?

What if Patrick Roy was never traded. what happens to the Avs?

LadyJet26

LETS GO BLUE!!!!!
Sep 6, 2004
Winnipeg, MB
What if the Canucks had never drafted Trevor Linden? Would the Canucks have had the even remote chance of having the team they did in the early 90s?

What if the league hadn't let the Canucks keep Bure when they drafted him? Would they still of gotten him the next year?

What if Mike Keenan had never traded Linden for Bertuzzi and McCabe? Would Markus Naslund still be the great goal scorer he is without Bertuzzi?

19nazzy

Jul 14, 2003
What if Vancouver got Gretzky?
What if Roy didn't retire?
What if Roy wasn't traded?

Sonny Lamateena

Nov 2, 2004
Ottawa, Ontario
Habsfan 32 said:
What if Milbury kept Luongo and drafted Heatley.

What if Milbury was born 30 years earlier and became Islander GM just prior to their dynasty? Would he of traded Mike Bossy and Denis Potvin for a garden hose and a hawaiian shirt?

Ogopogo*

MooseHunter said:
What if the Canucks had never drafted Trevor Linden? Would the Canucks have had the even remote chance of having the team they did in the early 90s?

QUOTE]

LOL.

Canuck fans give Trevor Linden waaaaaay too much credit. Face it, the guy is a mediocre player. You gotta know that the Canucks are going to hang #16 right next to Smyl's #12. That is sad. Desperation for some history and tradition so hang up the numbers of mediocre NHLers. :shakehead

Last edited by a moderator:

arrbez

bad chi
Jun 2, 2004
Toronto
what if the NHL never got a hold of the Stanley Cup? I can't imagine any sort of small little normal trophy being used...hell, they would just be called the championship playoffs...

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Ogopogo said:
LOL.

Canuck fans give Trevor Linden waaaaaay too much credit. Face it, the guy is a mediocre player. You gotta know that the Canucks are going to hang #16 right next to Smyl's #12. That is sad. Desperation for some history and tradition so hang up the numbers of mediocre NHLers. :shakehead

Yeah I just with that Cy Denneny played for the canucks.... well I haven't seen him but I am sure that he would be the best player to grace the rink. But really Linden was not only a great player for a while, but he is a great person, who was the face of the team for the better part of a decade, the youngest captain in NHL? history, someone who has always carried himself with class, and donates more time than anyone else to childerns charities in Vancouver and where ever he played. I have much more respect for the King Clancy Memorial trophey than you do i guess. Getting your number retired isn't only about the quality of player you were, but also the quality of person they were.

Ogopogo*

Benton Fraser said:
someone who has always carried himself with class

You sure about that?

During a BCTV interview about the 1994 lockout, a reporter asked Linden his thoughts on rapidly rising player salaries driving ticket prices so high that average families could no longer afford to go to games. Linden's response:

"Let them go to the carnival, then"

Very classy.

joepeps

Jan 2, 2004
Toronto
Visit site
What if Gretzky took a penalty shot in the olympics?
What if Toronto Beat Carolina?
What if Ottawa could beat Toronto in a P/O series?
What if Toronto could beat Philly in a P/O series?
What if toronto got Gretzky.. ****in ballard..?

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
I heard the same quote. I do think that the carnival offers solid family entertainment though. I also think the gentlemen and women operating the games of chance have the same level of integrity found on both sides of the current labor dispute. I wish Linden had warned some fans not to buy their kids a snocone before that damn cups and saucer ride.

Frightened Inmate #2

Jun 26, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Ogopogo said:
You sure about that?

During a BCTV interview about the 1994 lockout, a reporter asked Linden his thoughts on rapidly rising player salaries driving ticket prices so high that average families could no longer afford to go to games. Linden's response:

"Let them go to the carnival, then"

Very classy.

Could you provide a link or anything to back that up? I have looked for anything to back up what you state but so far there is nothing. Seems to be a common theme.

Zoo

Jul 29, 2002
New Zealand
Visit site
Pens...

What if Jagr had a heart.

What if Mario stayed healthy.

What if Pilon didn't smash Stevens in 93 playoffs

What if the Penguins had Money !! :teach:

What if the Penguins kept Zubov and Naslund

mcphee

Feb 6, 2003
Visit site
Benton Fraser said:
Could you provide a link or anything to back that up? I have looked for anything to back up what you state but so far there is nothing. Seems to be a common theme.
I actually heard this one on Montreal radio the other day. It was a sports talk station, it might have been one of the regualar contributors who come on to discuss hockey issues, I can't remember. It wasn't a clip of Linden though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad