Your favorite Sabre prospect?

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
I love Power and his high potential don't know who he reminds me of from the Sabres.
Krebs fascinates me as a playmaker reminds me of Hawerchuck
Quinn puts them In reminds me of Vanek
JJ looks a little like Pominville when he was in the AHL.

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
I love Power and his high potential don't know who he reminds me of from the Sabres.
Krebs fascinates me as a playmaker reminds me of Hawerchuck
Quinn puts them In reminds me of Vanek
JJ looks a little like Pominville when he was in the AHL.
Quinn & Levi

member 334057

Quinn, I could watch that kid take wrist shots all day.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I don't really have one, but if I was pushed to pick I would say Peterka. I feel like being a little younger and a 2nd round pick compared to Krebs and Quinn that he is a little overlooked. I kind of like that underdog aspect. From what I have seen and read about, he is going to be a tremendous playmaker. I don't know how long he has been without Quinn and Krebs, but he is a PPG over the last 5 and also his last 10 and also on the season. He just continues to produce.

Its a close toss-up with Krebs. I just love watching him play with the Sabres. Seems so less entitled than Eichel. Love how much fun he seems to be having. He's taking big faceoffs, running the PP and just looking like nothing phases him.

Reactions: Vito_81

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Bloom up front, Novikov on the blueline.
Dang. You beat me to it. You gotta love the big 4 (Quinn, Krebs, JJ, Levi) but those two are definitely my favorite projects.

E: Still holding some hope that R2's offense starts to translate in the show

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Dang. You beat me to it. You gotta love the big 4 (Quinn, Krebs, JJ, Levi) but those two are definitely my favorite projects.

E: Still holding some hope that R2's offense starts to translate in the show

It's easy to see how the more well-known players are going to be people's favorites. I'm viewing most of that crew of Krebs-Quinn-Peterka-Power to be graduated or close to it. Bloom at his best is a combination of speed and engagement that they don't have and Novikov does things that look like he should at least be a good pro (albeit, what pro league remains the question).

Reactions: Matt Ress

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
If I have to pick one, I will go with Levi (short goalie union FTW!).

In general, I like later round guys. So, here are probably my favorites at forward, defense, and in goal:

F: Costantini
D: Novikov
G: Levi

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
If I have to pick one, I will go with Levi (short goalie union FTW!).

In general, I like later round guys. So, here are probably my favorites at forward, defense, and in goal:

F: Costantini
D: Novikov
G: Levi

I'm hoping Matteo keeps up with what he has shown in flashes as a freshman. Getting someone local who can make plays off up front banked for the future (say three or four years down the line) is handy.

Also, the possible "ZOMG, he might go UFA! BOO HOO!" drama is so good for all of us: those who post it, those who comment on it, those who just read it and roll their eyes. All.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad