Your favorite prospect of the Sabres

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I don't know if I have a favorite prospect, just 4 I don't want to move.

Savoie
Kulich
Levi
Nadeau

the rest is a pool of great talent, probably still a top 15 prospect pool, but I'll move any of it for D/G help, and we should.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Most excited for Levi because getting a legit goalie is the biggest upgrade this team could add that really pushes them up in the standings.

Followed by Savoie and Kulich

Also hoping some or at least one of those Russians we drafted pans out. I'm tired of thinking Buffalo is Russian cursed.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
This isn't based on who I think is the best player or who is going to be in the NHL, just someone who I enjoy watching develop and get a laugh when hearing the coaches and players talk about him - Lukas Rousek, the King of Prague, leader of the Amerks' Czech Mafia.

Reactions: rylt and enthusiast

The Blunder Years

Nov 11, 2013
1. Ostlund
2. Savoie
3. Rousek
4. Levi
5. Nadeau

Haven’t watched Roch this year so I’m sure Kulich would be high up when I see him play.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Savoie - some may have guessed that

Kulich - can't help be excited about what he's doing

Ostlund - I wanted Ohgren there but but I'm hoping for a Danault type with a bit more O. Not sure why he always jumps off the page at me

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I favor the dark horses, the longshots where the front office saw something that most missed. I'll go with:

Seva Komarov
Viktor Neuchev
Jake Richard

Reactions: HOOats

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
I'm hoping that Rousek gets a legit look next training camp for one of the Sabres roster spots. I'd been hoping that he might get called up to Buffalo for a look after the TDL, but I guess that will depend on the status of the playoff picture. Same for Weissbach and Biro - but Rousek interests me the most.

Savoie has been on fire and has a legit chance to at least get a 9 game look.

As for the rest of the top prospects, I think they need to continue to develop Kulich in Rochester. I'm not sure about Ostlund's contract status or of his readiness to come over - but I like what I've heard about him. I'm also a Rosen fan and think he's generally overlooked and/or disregarded based on his D+1 season. I liked what I saw of him in the WJC. He seems to be doing okay. holding his own in Rochester his season. He's got 10 goals and 29 points in 50 games including 4 goals and 4 assists in his last 10 games. I think he's need time and patience, but so far, so good.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
We’re in a whole lot of trouble if Levi doesn’t stay and pan out, so everyone else in the pool is secondary/tertiary to that outcome.

Levi

Savoie
Kulich

Ryan Johnson
Isak Rosen

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Matthew Savoie , his electrifying play just makes me that much more excited about him possibly making the team next season especially the way he has finished the season he might not need another year of junior ,

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't know if I have a favorite prospect, just 4 I don't want to move.

Savoie
Kulich
Levi
Nadeau

the rest is a pool of great talent, probably still a top 15 prospect pool, but I'll move any of it for D/G help, and we should.
In a couple months, we'll have 5 recent first rounders in the system and one of the top 3 goalie prospects as well as several over achieving mid to late rounders. Even if our top end isn't as high as others, our depth and shear volume of quality is probably top 5 in pools.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
In a couple months, we'll have 5 recent first rounders in the system and one of the top 3 goalie prospects as well as several over achieving mid to late rounders. Even if our top end isn't as high as others, our depth and shear volume of quality is probably top 5 in pools.
It’s 98% forward depth, so it will be time to cash in for defense eventually.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
It’s 98% forward depth, so it will be time to cash in for defense eventually.
Yeah we have some sneaky good D prospects but between the 4 1st round forwards already in the system, another probable 1st round F upcoming, the 2 rookies F on the Sabres and the 4 signed (semi) long term, a couple more good possible non 1st rounders, a lot of quality won't be around in a couple years. We'll need to transition that into defense depth.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Savoie is going to be the most exciting player in the pipeline.

Levi is the most important

But I pick Kulich because he’s the most likely to be Olofsson”s replacement and there’s nothing in this world I care more about than that transition at this point.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Savoie is going to be the most exciting player in the pipeline.

Levi is the most important

But I pick Kulich because he’s the most likely to be Olofsson”s replacement and there’s nothing in this world I care more about than that transition at this point.
Not even a top 4 defensemen?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad