Your favorite induvidual play?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
my favourite play will always be Gilmour's double OT wraparound goal.

Or the sequence where the fan who laughs at Steve Sullivan for getting cut, ends up getting cut and laughed at by Sullivan.

Killiecrankie*

That is just freakin ridiculous.

And Mario didn't even get a point on that play!!!!!

The play I remember is like 1993ish, when I was little. Mid way through the second period (we had tickets behind the pens bench from this nice old lady up the street) and mario's skate was untied. well he couldnt do it, the man couldn't lean down. Trainer tied his shoe and Mario couldn't even reach for the water, you could see his pain every moment. My dad said hes going to have to come out, this guy is beat up, rest him.....

He hopped over the bench, stole the puck, beat two dmen and scored. I think he got 2 goals and an assist that night, and waiting for his autograph after the man couldn't even walk right. Someone drove him home.

Greatest player I have ever seen, more talent on his little finger than 99% of the guys who play in this league.

Wish he was healthy.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Selanne's record breaking goal scored on Stephane Fiset on the Nordiques:nod:

A breakaway pass from Domi that both he and Fiset were racing to. Selanne reaches out and chips the puck past a sprawling Fiset for goal #54 on the year.

And that celebration afterwards!!! One of the greatest individual accomplishments in WINNIPEG JETS hockey history. Selanne had that old Winnipeg arena rocking:yo:

Anyone got a video clip of that moment in hockey history? It would be sweet to see on here.

Here ya go. First one that popped up on Youtube when I searched "selanne record"

From The Point

Jan 27, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
mario lemieux's first career goal, mario lemieux's goal in game 2 of the 91 finals, and mike eruzione's gw goal against the soviet union are my favorite plays in hockey...

EDIT: lemieux's faceoff goal was also one of my personal favorites...

Last edited:

Maximus Taylor

Mar 21, 2008
Where do YOU live?
And Mario didn't even get a point on that play!!!!!

The play I remember is like 1993ish, when I was little. Mid way through the second period (we had tickets behind the pens bench from this nice old lady up the street) and mario's skate was untied. well he couldnt do it, the man couldn't lean down. Trainer tied his shoe and Mario couldn't even reach for the water, you could see his pain every moment. My dad said hes going to have to come out, this guy is beat up, rest him.....

He hopped over the bench, stole the puck, beat two dmen and scored. I think he got 2 goals and an assist that night, and waiting for his autograph after the man couldn't even walk right. Someone drove him home.

Greatest player I have ever seen, more talent on his little finger than 99% of the guys who play in this league.

Wish he was healthy.
ain't that the truth. He'd still be kicking it out there...

The G Man

Feb 27, 2002
HF Old School
Playoff game sometime in the mid-late 80's. Gretzky's Oilers vs Chicago. Gretzky has the puck near center ice (I think killing a penalty?) and he is skating along the red line towards the glass. All the while he is watching Jarri Kurri in the reflection of the glass streaking down ice on the far side ... Gretzky then make a no look backhand bullet pass to Kurri, right on his stick, who comes in all alone and scores.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

newf

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
i remember a brian leetch goal versus the flyers in the early 90's. he went coast to coast and past/around each flyer before scoring. great goal, but i can never find a video of it. anyone else remember it or have a link?

dcinroc

Jun 24, 2008
Taipei, Taiwan
Playoff game sometime in the mid-late 80's. Gretzky's Oilers vs Chicago. Gretzky has the puck near center ice (I think killing a penalty?) and he is skating along the red line towards the glass. All the while he is watching Jarri Kurri in the reflection of the glass streaking down ice on the far side ... Gretzky then make a no look backhand bullet pass to Kurri, right on his stick, who comes in all alone and scores.

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

I loved that goal. Remember it like it was yesterday.

It's at 0:49

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=CrBB1jRju5k&feature=related

Another excellent pass by Wayne from that same year is at 1:50.

The Bob Bourne end-to-end goal is pretty sweet, too.

Big#D

Not a hockey play necessarily, but I just loved when Scott Steven told the Detroit bench "You're next" after laying out Kozlov.

Al Bundy*

Here ya go. First one that popped up on Youtube when I searched "selanne record"

I did some research and I found out that the night Lemieux returned from Hodgkin's to play in Philly and score a goal was the SAME NIGHT Selanne broke Bossy's record.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
This is an odd thread, I have seen alot of hockey but I have to go with John Casey nearly getting a shut out against the Hawks in the Early 90's vs the NHL leading Blackhawks on a routine save with like 23 seconds left in the 3rd or something. Casey skates out of his crease all calm like hes just stretching his legs takes his stick and starts beating the glass with it like his life is endanger.

There has to be a vid of that on youtube...Someone has to have that game on tape I wish I did.

I remember Pat Foley... He was like "here comes Casey, I dont think hes being pulled but he might have an equipment problem"....When he was beating his stick against the glass/boards/ice ect I think Tallon said something amusing I forgot what it was tho.

The real funny part was I was totally about to blow a gaskett that the Hawks were about to be shut out but little did I know that I would spend half of my teens and the majority of my 20's watching the Hawks get shut out an miss the playoffs ..

Oilers1*

Joe Sakic's 2nd goal in the 2002 gold medal game
One of the best calls in history

Sakic was a man possessed in that game. What I like about that goal is if he could have made it a two-on-one if he had stayed along the wall but the instance he got that puck, you could just tell he wasn't doing anything but taking the shot.

My all-time favorite play, though, was from the Czech Republic round robin game in that same tournament. Team Canada was playing against Hasek just like they did in 1998; that is, like they thought he was unbeatable.

Then Mario came off the bench and it was almost like he wanted to say, 'hey, this guy ain't unstoppable, I'm unstoppable' and let a wrist shot go from the faceoff circle and scored. I got chills up my spine when that puck went in. After that, Team Canada really picked it up, like Mario had let them know that, yeah, this Hasek guy is good but you guys are playing with Mario Lemieux!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad