Your favorite Darcy Tucker Moment

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Yes, finally a topic I can bean authority on. Darcy Tucker was a player I always wanted to be a Leaf, and when we got him from TBay, it was a major steal and I was delighted. He eventually woreout his welcome as a member of the "Frozen Five" and I was arguably even happier to see him go.

Some favourite moments:

- In one of his first Leaf games in 2000, he scored 2 SHG in the same game. I think it was against Chicago, and was a weeknight game, if that helps.

- In 2002, Tucker was the recipient of a pretty vicious borderline hit by Alfredsson that went unpenalized and led to the Sens' winning goal in game 5. The injury-depleted, and less-talented even when healthy, Leafs had no business winning those last 2 games, but maybe they used the hit as a rallying cry just like the Devils did the year before. Because down 3-2 in the series, and down 2-0 in game 6 vs. ottawa, everything changed. The Leafs scored 7 of the next 8 goals in the series and put Ottawa back where they belonged - on the golf course.

- Everyone remembers the Kapanen hit, which was the apex of a thrilling few minutes of hockey in which the Leafs showed perhaps moer intensity than they ever did in their 1999-2004 renaissance, a period that was unfortunately capped by JR's OT goal shortly thereafter.

- Someone already mentioned the Kovalev incident. I would have forgotten that if not for that, but yeah, it was a good incident. Tucker got Kovalev earlier on the play, IIRC, and then Kovalev was dipsy-doodling his way through the Leafs zone, and Tucket had him lined up for a hit, but Kovalev was too smart for that and just left the puck and got his arms up. Tucker went down hard. Kovalev got the penalty.

- In a Boston game in (I think) 2007, Tucker was forechecking on Chara, throw a monster hit on him and knocked him down. Play went the other way, and on the way back, a Boston player challenged him and Tucker cross-checked him to the ice. Then Paul Mara challenged him to a fight and they had a pretty even tilt. I pretty much see that as the last great Tucker moment. Actually, if you look up "tucker chara" on youtube, it's there.

Arthur*

When he destroyed Kapanen and everyone was going crazy about it, then ten seconds later Roenick scores to eliminate the Leafs

Master_Of_Districts

Apr 9, 2007
Black Ruthenia
1. The Kovalev incident already referred to.

2. Getting destroyed multiple times by Steve Webb during the first round of the 2002 playoffs.

3. Getting one punched by Frankie Bouillon circa November 2006.

Kyle McMahon

May 10, 2006
When he destroyed Kapanen and everyone was going crazy about it, then ten seconds later Roenick scores to eliminate the Leafs

This has to be my favorite too. Cole is about to fall out of the press box with excitement...and then bam, season's over in Leaf land!

I'd make sure the tribute video has plenty of Darcy's signature move: Charging the length of the arena to cream an opponent, missing him entirely and smashing into the boards, then scrambling back to his feet looking like a deranged lunatic, and berating the nearest official for...not calling a penalty? :laugh:

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Steve Webb crushing Tucker every opportunity he got after Tucker's questionable, if not dirty, knee on Peca.

Derick*

I was a bit of a Leafs fan when they were good (no, I'm not a bandwagon Sharks fan, they've been my favorite team since I can remember and they were then, but I liked the Leafs a bit too) and I'm very nostalgic for Tucker and his antics during the leafs 99-04 era. That was good hockey.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Nothing you can use for your video, but the morning after the playoff game where Alfie hit Tucker questionably and then scored the GWG, me and my friends were walking down Front Street in Toronto (we didn't yet know the outcome of the game because we had been at a concert), and there was a guy on the street selling caricatures, one of which was Darcy Tucker. My friend stops, points, and says very loudly "That isn't an accurate portrayal of Darcy Tucker - he isn't crying!!"

angry-mob2.jpg

jkrx

Feb 4, 2010
Best memory of him wasn't exactly of him but of Don Cherry when he went on one of his rants and called Darcy Tucker, The Leafs best player.

I believe there is a good example of how liked he was in the league on youtube where Sutton (I think?) drives Tuckers head right in the boards.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
- In 2002, Tucker was the recipient of a pretty vicious borderline hit by Alfredsson that went unpenalized and led to the Sens' winning goal in game 5. The injury-depleted, and less-talented even when healthy, Leafs had no business winning those last 2 games, but maybe they used the hit as a rallying cry just like the Devils did the year before. Because down 3-2 in the series, and down 2-0 in game 6 vs. ottawa, everything changed. The Leafs scored 7 of the next 8 goals in the series and put Ottawa back where they belonged - on the golf course.

And Game 7 was in Toronto.

Why was that again?

Oh right, because Toronto was the better team and was the higher seed.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
And Game 7 was in Toronto.

Why was that again?

Oh right, because Toronto was the better team and was the higher seed.

I'm not sure how that happened, and same thing in 2004, because Ottawa was the better team and definitely outplayed Toronto. Toronto got good goaltending, good luck, and more timely scoring.

Mouse21*

when he retired.

nothing irritated me more than him on the Avs. :shakehead

Mr Atoz*

The Kovalev elbow was my favorite Tucker moment and my favorite non-Ranger Kovalev moment. Just the audacity to skate with the puck in a circle while the game is on and pretend to lose the puck so you can bash that dirty p**ck in the face with an elbow is a thing a beauty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad