OT: Your favorite all-time Bruin line

A Healthy Kelly*

My favorite line, given my limited scope of the team because of how young I am, was the Sammy-Nylander-Bergy line. I loved them against the Habs in the heartbreaker series, and my dad was a very big fan of Nylander for a number of reasons. At that time in my life, Sammy was a god to me and I thought he could do no wrong with the way he skated and handled the puck.

What's your favorite all-time Bruin line?

(little blast from the past here also: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/archive/index.php/t-81980.html)

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Merlot will go down as one of the greatest 4th lines in Bruin history. Not the same without Thornton. RIP Merlot Line.

A Healthy Kelly*

Merlot will go down as one of the greatest 4th lines in Bruin history. Not the same without Thornton. RIP Merlot Line.

he was a one-of-a-kind guy who genuinely relished the cultural identity of this city. i wish him nothing but the best and hope he comes back in a visible media role

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
he was a one-of-a-kind guy who genuinely relished the cultural identity of this city. i wish him nothing but the best and hope he comes back in a visible media role

Agree 100%. Thorty was a great leader. Maybe he can give Dale's intermission a little flavor. Or maybe he can do the post game with Felger.

NightmanCometh

Feb 11, 2014
Minnesota
Going to sound lame, but honestly I loved our top line last year. Krejci the play-maker flanked by two power-forwards who both were capable of taking over a game on any given night. When that line got rolling about 25 games into the regular season, they were scary good. It's a shame they couldn't keep it going against Montreal.

Also, any line with Bergeron.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Cashman Esposito Hodge followed by Jonathan-McNab-O'Reilly (however shortlived).

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
Marchand - Bergeron - Recchi

Mark Recchi won a Stanley Cup with the Boston Bruins. Still amazing to think about, as a hockey fan who grew up in the '90s.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Joyce-Janney-Neely

Kvartalnov-Oates-Neely

Simmer-Linseman-Crowder

Yves Roy-Stumpel-Wilson (no joke)

Miller-Hodge-Plett

Lucic-Savard-Kessel

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin

Reid-Pederson-Middleton

Axelsson-Taylor-DiMaio

Samsonov-Allison-Kristich

Kelly-Peverley-Ryder

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
Joyce-Janney-Neely

Kvartalnov-Oates-Neely

Simmer-Linseman-Crowder

Miller-Hodge-Plett

Lucic-Savard-Kessel

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin

Reid-Pederson-Middleton

Axelsson-Taylor-DiMaio

Kelly-Peverley-Ryder

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

bold is a very underated line. That was the line that got me to care about defensive hockey and what it could bring to a team.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
Joyce-Janney-Neely

Kvartalnov-Oates-Neely

Simmer-Linseman-Crowder

Miller-Hodge-Plett

Lucic-Savard-Kessel

Marchand-Bergeron-Seguin

Reid-Pederson-Middleton

Axelsson-Taylor-DiMaio

Kelly-Peverley-Ryder

Lucic-Krejci-Horton

You covered my favorites, but I'll add...

Ruzicka Janney Neely

Reid Oates Neely

Not favs, but forgotten playoff combos I suppose.

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
I wasn't around to see a ton of lines, but my favorite will always be the Lucic-Krejci-Horton line, aka the KHL line. Down a goal? Put that line out there. Need a clutch goal? Put them out there. Plain and simple, that line was CLUTCH.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad