How's your Mario impression?
Oct 22, 2017
World 2 - 3
Alzner/Schlemko-Weber
Alzner/Schlemko-Petry
Jarabek - Benn
Morrow

Mete back in Junior.

First pairing rotates depending on score.

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Mete is the odd man out as he will be battling Schlemko/Jerback for the last spot on D.

Weber-Schelmko
Petry-Alzner
Benn-Jerabeck
Mete
Morrow

I figure Mete sticks around till the WJC and unless Schelmko/Jerabeck fail he might be going back to JR's.

Morrow is a better 7D anyways as he can actually sit in the press box. Just hope the habs aren't too quick to send him down in case their are injuries or one of the other D falter.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Schlemko - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Jerabek - Benn

Unless Mete starts playing every game again, I'd prefer to just have him finish the season in the OHL rather than playing 10 minutes a game and then scratched.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Weber - Jarabek/Schlemko/Mete
Petry - Alzner
Benn - Schlemko/Jarabek/Mete

Depending on their chemistry together, Jarabek looks like a great partner for Weber, remains to be seen though. Definitely Jarabek has the tools to mesh as a 1st pairing Dman, especially with world class Weber as his partner.

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
It has to be one of the oddest things I've ever see a coach do, and I'm not sure if Julien did this in his time in Boston, but this year, everyone plays with everyone..

Petery and Weber are the only guys that have played only RD, Victor Mete is the only guy that has played LD..

Schlemko, Jeraberk, Benn, Morrow, Davidsion have not played both just LD and RD but they have played both position in the same game which is crazy when its not due to an injury or anything. Benn does it regularly throughout the game where one shift he'll be the LD and mid way shift to RD.

And this 5 on 5, and not after penalties or anything.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
I don't tink we will see a steady line-up on our D-pairing this season.
It will change week to week, day to day and period to period...

Weber on the 1st pair, Petry on the 2nd and Benn on the 3rd.
The rest is up in the air.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
It will most probably be:

Schlemko - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Jerabek - Benn
Morrow

But I would like to see if Weber can play the left side and be available for his one timer all game and not just on the PP. That would be a huge offensive threat.

Weber - Petry
Alzner - Jerabek
Schlemko - Benn
Morrow

Perhaps when we're down a goal we can go:

Weber - Petry
Schlemko - Jerabek

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010
It will most probably be:

Schlemko - Weber
Alzner - Petry
Jerabek - Benn
Morrow

But I would like to see if Weber can play the left side and be available for his one timer all game and not just on the PP. That would be a huge offensive threat.

Weber - Petry
Alzner - Jerabek
Schlemko - Benn
Morrow

Perhaps when we're down a goal we can go:

Weber - Petry
Schlemko - Jerabek

Zero chance of that happening, only reason you see LD shot playing RD is basically there isn't enough of right handed D..

Reason being in the d-zone if your playing your off wing, your playing on your back hand a lot, and it makes it a lot tough for to see passing lanes..

I don't believe there is a single Right handed dmen playing LD in the whole NHL.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I really want Dahlin.

Dahlin-Weber
Mete-Petry
Jerabek-Schlemko would be pretty good. I hope a team still thinks Alzner is decent. Maybe Buffalo?

Reactions: sandviper

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Zero chance of that happening, only reason you see LD shot playing RD is basically there isn't enough of right handed D..

Reason being in the d-zone if your playing your off wing, your playing on your back hand a lot, and it makes it a lot tough for to see passing lanes..

I don't believe there is a single Right handed dmen playing LD in the whole NHL.

Yes, I doubt it will get tried, but I would be interested to see if Weber can play at the same level in the defensive zone.

One partnership I can think of is Sergachev - Stralman. Both shoot right and Sergachev prefers playing the left side, presumably for the offensive benefits, specifically the one timer.

Imagine Shea Weber being a threat all game long for the one timer. And Petry has shown he can log big minutes.

Apr 28, 2010
Yes, I doubt it will get tried, but I would be interested to see if Weber can play at the same level in the defensive zone.

One partnership I can think of is Sergachev - Stralman. Both shoot right and Sergachev prefers playing the left side, presumably for the offensive benefits, specifically the one timer.

Imagine Shea Weber being a threat all game long for the one timer. And Petry has shown he can log big minutes.

Sergachev shoots left...

habs03

Subban #Thoroughbred
Jun 21, 2010

Sergachev is a left hand shot, he plays both LD and RD but has been playing LD in Tampa, but again he is a left shot.

I agree the one time is a big plus in the o-zone when playing your offside, but the cons are that its tougher to keep the puck in at the blue line when the other teams tries to clear it off the boards.

Only twice can I can do in recently history where a right hand played the Left side..

Alex Pietangelo for the world cup played LD because Team Canada had Weber/Doughty/Burns on RD.

And funny is Nashville tried Jones-Weber as a pair for abit early in with Jones playing LD, but they moved a lot from it very quick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad