Your Country's Best Under 21 Team

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
So 95´s and younger? That just happen to be a real ****** year for sweden, could probably not have taking a worse year to make the cut off. Not much will come out the 95 generation from sweden. Burakovsky is pretty much it.

I will go with roughly about 80% how good they are now, and 20% potential.

Burakovsky - W Nylander - J De La Rose
A Nylander - Asplund - Timashov
Lindblom - Eriksson Ek - Kempe
Andersson - Holmström - Grundström
Boqvist/Kovacs/Wingerli/Dahlen

Forsling - Andersson
Aho - Larsson
Hansson - L Carlsson
Pettersson

Sandström
Söderström
Gustavsson

Last edited:

Get North

Aug 25, 2013
B.C.
USA under 21

Kyle Connor --- Jack Eichel --- Brock Boeser
Mathew Tkachuk --- Auston Mathews --- Colin White
Clayton Keller --- Dylan Larkin --- Luke Kunin
Sonny Milano --- Logan Brown --- Nick Schmaltz

Noah Hanifin ------ Seth Jones
Zach Werenski ------ Charlie McAvoy
Anthony DeAngelo ------ Brandon Mountour

Thatcher Demko
Alex Nedeljkovic

Many other forwards whom others might like better - Justin Bailey would be there for me but I'm a Roch/Buff fan and saw him play about 60 games last season. Dvorak, Bellows, Macinnis, Tuch, Schmaltz, Roslovic, Compher, Fasching, Rychel, Donato ...........

Strome - McDavid - Marner
Monahan - MacKinnon - Drouin
Domi - Reinhart - Duclair
Dal Colle - Patrick - Dubois
Horvat

Nurse - Ekblad
Theodore - Bowey
Sanheim - Fleury
Chabot

Fucale
Hart

I think I know who I am taking. Jones is over 21 as well. Canada is still ahead by quite a large margin. Canada's 4th line RW is arguably better than USA's 1RW.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Laine-Barkov-Puljujärvi
Lehkonen-Aho-Rantanen
Björkvist-Nättinen-Tolvanen
Saarela-Borgström-Kapanen

Juolevi-Tuulola
Vaakanainen-Honka
Niemeläinen-Välimäki
Saarijärvi

Saros
Husso

Apart from D, this team could probably do well in WHC.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
I'll do Austria

Lukas Haudum - Valentin Leiler - Dominc Zwerger
Mario Huber - Florian Baltram - Christof Kromp
Max Reisinger - Felix Maxa - Dario Winkler
Benjamin Nissner - Marco Richter - Damon Puntus

Layne Viveiros - Bernd Wolf
Kele Steffler - Erik Kirchschlager
Thomas Vallant - Philipp Lindner
Daniel Jakubiztka - Fabian Nussbaumer

Thomas Stroj
Stefan Muller
Maximilian Haselbacher

Curtis Loik and Steven Strong are overage, but have Austrian passports by Austrian lineage and will soon be on the NT as well. Overall not as good as Finland but definitely better than Canada or Russia :sarcasm:

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
US will be bigger rival for Finns than Canada. McDavid alone can't take on Laine-Barkov-Puljujärvi.
Win a best on best tournament then talk. Canada has 4 of the last 5. Finland has 0 in their entire history, and the only major losses in the past 30 years are Turino, Nagano, and the 96 World Cup of Hockey. Sorry if I don't fear a nation that produces less NHLers than my home city as a threat to become the top of the hockey world.

USA is the only country that makes me think that it could be done, or Russia if they somehow fix there development program. But at the moment, after seeing the amount of NHL talent Canada is still producing (6 of the last 10 calder winners and 7 of the last 10 1OA), I'm not too worried.

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
Finnish top 6 looks fantastic

Laine-Barkov-Tolvanen
Rantanen-Aho-Puljujärvi

Finland WILL get that best on best gold in the 20s

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Win a best on best tournament then talk. Canada has 4 of the last 5. Finland has 0 in their entire history, and the only major losses in the past 30 years are Turino, Nagano, and the 96 World Cup of Hockey. Sorry if I don't fear a nation that produces less NHLers than my home city as a threat to become the top of the hockey world.

USA is the only country that makes me think that it could be done, or Russia if they somehow fix there development program. But at the moment, after seeing the amount of NHL talent Canada is still producing (6 of the last 10 calder winners and 7 of the last 10 1OA), I'm not too worried.
No other country has won more than once other than Canada so that's a pointless rant.

illone84

Sep 15, 2005
London

I'm sure that Canada will win the world cup as well. I think what you should be worried about is that Canada keeps on winning best on best tournaments, and it will get to the point that best on best Intl hockey won't be fun to watch anymore because only one team keeps on winning lol.

For the sake of the sport, I hope that will change in the next olympics if NHLers participate. But I'm pretty darn sure Canada takes the world cup.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I'm sure that Canada will win the world cup as well. I think what you should be worried about is that Canada keeps on winning best on best tournaments, and it will get to the point that best on best Intl hockey won't be fun to watch anymore because only one team keeps on winning lol.

For the sake of the sport, I hope that will change in the next olympics if NHLers participate. But I'm pretty darn sure Canada takes the world cup.

Yeah, Canada are the heavy favourites for the World Cup and the 2018 Olympics. I'm of the belief the NHL guys will be there, the TV networks will cover the insurance costs. I don't blame the NHL for not wanting to cover the insurance costs, they're the ones taking all the risk.

In terms of going forward, any of the Big 6 can win Gold at any time. I think Sweden can give Canada a real run in 2018. In 2022, I would argue that Canada and Finland will be co-favourites in the Olympics. Suomi needs to develop a few elite Dmen though. The forwards for Suomi look outstanding going forward. Exciting time to be a fan of Finnish hockey.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

I'm pretty sure Karjala is alone on his thoughts.
Canada is clearly ahead of Finland and are the favourites now and would expect them to be the favourites at the next Olympics.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
No other country has won more than once other than Canada so that's a pointless rant.
Yet Sweden, USA, Czechs and Russia have done it and your touting Finland as a world power. Your post was ridiculous, which mine pointed out. You've produced possibly 2 high-end NHLers in the past 10 years and that is being generous because neither has really sustained it, and your telling us that we are a one-man team with McDavid. Flat out, your country hasn't produced a perennial all-star since Selanne, and Barkov is the first high-end forward in years, and only really has one good year, and yet again you are calling McDavid and Canada a one-man team.

You Laniac's and massive homers, give actual quality Finnish posters on the main board a bad rap with your delusions.

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
I'm pretty sure Karjala is alone on his thoughts.
Canada is clearly ahead of Finland and are the favourites now and would expect them to be the favourites at the next Olympics.
Lol, I was more talking about like 2022 and forward.

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
Must be some kind of sarcasm here :laugh:

not trying to disrespect Finland as a nation, but "93LEAFS" is completely right. Here I listed something from all the top countries, and their best players drafted in the last 5 drafts, and then I also compared Finland, US, and Canada in terms of top players.

The Czech Republic:
- drafted in the first round => 6
- drafted overall => 32
- best players => Pastrnak, Zacha, Hertl, Faksa, Vrana

Russia
- drafted in the first round => 11
- drafted overall => 67
- best players => Zadorov, Provorov, Nischuhkin, Yakupov, Buchnevich, Sergachev

Finland
- drafted overall => 57
- best players => Teravainen, Maatta, Ristolainen, Barkov, Aho, Rantanen, Puljujarvi, Laine, Juolevi, Pokka, Lindell, Saaros, Honka, Kapanen,

Sweden
- drafted overall => 120
- best players => F.Forsberg, H.Lindholm, Burakovsky, W.Nylander, A.Nylander, E.Lindholm, Wennberg

USA
- drafted in the first round => 32
- drafted overall => 277
- best players => Hellebuyck, Demko, Nedeljkovic - Trouba, Gostisbehere, Hanifin, S.Jones, Werenski - Galchenyuk, Dvorak, Eichel, Matthews, Tkachuk, Keller, Larkin, Milano, Connor, White, Tuch, Schmaltz

Canada
- drafted in the first round => 70
- drafted overall => 449
- best players => M.Murray, R.Murray, Dumba, Ceci, Parayko, Nurse, Ekblad, Sanheim, Theodore - MacKinnon, Monahan, Drouin, Domi, S.Reinhart, Fabbri, McDavid, Marner, Dubois, Strome, Bennett, J.Gauthier, Jost.... and I could easily name others like Horvat, Morrissey, Athanasiou, Mantha, Matheson, Fleury, Duclair, Crouse, Konecny....

GOALTENDING COMPARISON:
Korpisalo+Saaros VS Demko+Hellebuyck+Nedeljkovic VS M.Murray+Jarry+Hart+Fucale+Comrie

DEFENSEMEN COMPARISON:
Ristolainen+Maatta+Juolevi+Pokka VS Jones+Trouba+Gostisbehre+Hanifin+Werenski VS Murray+Ekblad+Nurse+Parayko+Dumba

FORWARDS COMPARISON:
Puljujarvi+Laine+Barkov+Aho+Teravainen VS Eichel+Matthews+Larkin+Tkachuk+Dvorak+Connor VS McDavid+Monahan+MacKinnon+Domi+Drouin+Strome+Marner+Dubois+S.Reinhart+Fabbri+Bennett

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
If we shall go by day and not year, this could change from one day to the next. Much better and easier to just cut at one year and say 95´s and younger.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Lol, I was more talking about like 2022 and forward.

Canada games will always be difficult, 2022 we are looking at McDavid, Ekblad, Marner, Seguin, Benn, Crosby, Pietrangelo, Doughty, Rielly, TJ Brodie, Strome, Dupois, Patrick for starters.

teravaineSAROS

Jul 29, 2015
Finnish top 6 looks fantastic

Laine-Barkov-Tolvanen
Rantanen-Aho-Puljujärvi

Finland WILL get that best on best gold in the 20s

I wouldn't put the best two shooters in Tolvanen and Laine on the same line, I'd keep Laine with Barkov as Tolvanen's defense is a lot better than Laine's. Barkov and Laine complete eachother well.

my top 9 would have the talent more spread to the point where each line is a serious offensive threat while still being stable at defense and very dominant physically. Aho is the weakest physically but top 2 in playmaking meaning him and a goal scoring power forward in Tuulola could be a perfect match:

Laine — Barkov — Rantanen

Tuulola — Aho — Puljujärvi

Vesalainen — Nättinen — Tolvanen

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Must be some kind of sarcasm here :laugh:

not trying to disrespect Finland as a nation, but "93LEAFS" is completely right. Here I listed something from all the top countries, and their best players drafted in the last 5 drafts, and then I also compared Finland, US, and Canada in terms of top players.

The Czech Republic:
- drafted in the first round => 6
- drafted overall => 32
- best players => Pastrnak, Zacha, Hertl, Faksa, Vrana

Russia
- drafted overall => 67
- best players => Zadorov, Provorov, Nischuhkin, Yakupov, Buchnevich, Sergachev

Finland
- drafted overall => 57
- best players => Teravainen, Maatta, Ristolainen, Barkov, Aho, Rantanen, Puljujarvi, Laine, Juolevi, Pokka, Lindell, Saaros, Honka, Kapanen,

Sweden
- drafted overall => 120
- best players => F.Forsberg, H.Lindholm, Burakovsky, W.Nylander, A.Nylander, E.Lindholm, Wennberg

USA
- drafted in the first round => 32
- drafted overall => 277
- best players => Hellebuyck, Demko, Nedeljkovic - Trouba, Gostisbehere, Hanifin, S.Jones, Werenski - Galchenyuk, Dvorak, Eichel, Matthews, Tkachuk, Keller, Larkin, Milano, Connor, White, Tuch, Schmaltz

Canada
- drafted in the first round => 70
- drafted overall => 449
- best players => M.Murray, R.Murray, Dumba, Ceci, Parayko, Nurse, Ekblad, Sanheim, Theodore - MacKinnon, Monahan, Drouin, Domi, S.Reinhart, Fabbri, McDavid, Marner, Dubois, Strome, Bennett, J.Gauthier, Jost.... and I could easily name others like Horvat, Morrissey, Athanasiou, Mantha, Matheson, Fleury, Duclair, Crouse, Konecny....

GOALTENDING COMPARISON:
Korpisalo+Saaros VS Demko+Hellebuyck+Nedeljkovic VS M.Murray+Jarry+Hart+Fucale+Comrie

DEFENSEMEN COMPARISON:
Ristolainen+Maatta+Juolevi+Pokka VS Jones+Trouba+Gostisbehre+Hanifin+Werenski VS Murray+Ekblad+Nurse+Parayko+Dumba

FORWARDS COMPARISON:
Puljujarvi+Laine+Barkov+Aho+Teravainen VS Eichel+Matthews+Larkin+Tkachuk+Dvorak+Connor VS McDavid+Monahan+MacKinnon+Domi+Drouin+Strome+Marner+Dubois+S.Reinhart+Fabbri+Bennett

GOALTENDING COMPARISON:
Korpisalo + Saros + Husso + Kähkönen
VS
Demko + Hellebuyck + Nedeljkovic
VS
M.Murray + Jarry + Hart + Fucale + Comrie

DEFENSEMEN COMPARISON:
Ristolainen + Maatta + Juolevi + Pokka + Lindell + Linbohm + Honka
VS
Jones + Trouba + Gostisbehre + Hanifin + Werenski
VS
Murray + Ekblad + Nurse + Parayko + Dumba

FORWARDS COMPARISON:
Puljujarvi + Laine + Barkov + Aho + Teravainen + Rantanen + Hintz + Saarela
VS

Eichel + Matthews + Larkin + Tkachuk + Dvorak + Connor
VS

McDavid + Monahan + MacKinnon + Domi + Drouin + Strome + Marner + Dubois + S.Reinhart + Fabbri + Bennett

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Karjala is alone with his thoughts. Why do you keep answering to him?

Yea, why does one or two Finns have to be THE Finns?? I just want us to be better than Russia :laugh:

Exactly. The vast majority of Finnish posters are awesome and very knowledgeable hockey fans. Some of my favourite folks on this site are Finnish.

I don't blame Finns for being optimistic about their future, many excellent young players coming up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad