Your countries first 8

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
I still have the pucks that McDonalds released for the 2002 Olympics with Canada's eight selected players. It always cracked me up that they also released a solo Gretzky puck but put al of the actual players two to a puck.

I think that Hockey Canada would select: Crosby, McDavid, MacKinnon, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Tavares, Bergeron, Price. Doug Armstrong gets his own puck because he's the GM.

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
EP40
Bäckström
Zibanejad
EK65
Hedman
Landeskog
Dahlin
Lehner

Landeskog might be a surprise for many, but Sweden doesn't have many players being able to do his job. He will be especially valuable on special teams. I believe Dahlin will take another step after another off season practice.

Reactions: AB13 and wetcoast

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
  1. Pastrnak
  2. Hertl
  3. Krejci
  4. Kempny
  5. Hronek
  6. Rittich
  7. Vrana
  8. Voracek

However, Czech federation would probably name:

1. Kovar
  2. Zohorna
  3. Zohorna
  4. Zohorna
  5. Bartosak
  6. Moravcik
  7. Sklenicka
  8. Gulas
** I have nothing against any of the above 8. I just hate how the Czechs always put in Euro players amongst NHLer's as though the Extraliga guys are somehow going to outscore the NHL ones. Dopita was the last time this happened.lol

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
In no particular order

Eichel
Matthews
Kane
M Tkachuk
Larkin
Jones
Gibson

I’ll only name 7. I think those guys are not debatable names to leave off the Olympic team. The others you could argue for one way or the other.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Not that Germany would be invited for a World Cup, but just for fun it would probably be something like this:

1. Draisaitl
2. Grubauer
3. Greiss
4. Kahun
5. Seider
6. Rieder
7. Holzer
8. Kühnhackl

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Not that Germany would be invited for a World Cup, but just for fun it would probably be something like this:

1. Draisaitl
2. Grubauer
3. Greiss
4. Kahun
5. Seider
6. Rieder
7. Holzer
8. Kühnhackl
A couple more strong drafts and Germany might be getting invites... Program is on the rise. 2 NHL goalies can do a lot!

dombrova22

Apr 12, 2017
I'm gonna put a twist to the Canadian 8.

McDavid
Crosby
Marchand
MacKinnon
Marner
Letang
Doughty
Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad