OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I scored at an antique store with two signed Rod Langway pictures and random Jagr caps photos....

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
BA5CAD57-D508-4CC1-9878-7D47B5CBBCAC.jpeg

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Surfing ebay for vintage caps jerseys and apparently ALOT of people bought Jagr jerseys...:help:

HeyMattyB

Sports bring out the worst in everyone.
Aug 20, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Before I left DC in 2010, I was a season-ticket holder for a bit. One year, the annual STH gift was a smallish, blue canvas suitcase. It seemed nice enough. It had a handle and wheels and everything. I only used it once, for a week-long vacation overseas. By the time we were ready to head back home, the thing was busted as hell--the seams were splitting, the handle was jammed, the wheels were coming off, etc.

At the airport, when it was time to pick up my sad, beat-up Capitals suitcase at the baggage claim, I turned to my partner and said, "Look at this pathetic thing. It seemed so great at first, but--by the end of the trip--it had completely fallen apart." And she said, "Just like the Caps."

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
Damn, I want a Caps suitcase to hid my Jagr stuff...

Last edited:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I should have left it at the store!;)

Gonna frame one Jagr Picture above my toilet!

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
For playing seven games. Top five biggest joke names on the Cup ever. Unless the Caps ever win one I won't even look at it again.
I don't think you realize how many plugs played in the 80's. If you said top 5 biggest joke names of the last 10 years I'd agree. But there were some massive scrubs who won Cups on the backs of HoFers in the 80's/70's. The need to have 4 capable lines and solid defense to win a cup is relatively recent.

Reactions: calicapsfan

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I don't think you realize how many plugs played in the 80's. If you said top 5 biggest joke names of the last 10 years I'd agree. But there were some massive scrubs who won Cups on the backs of HoFers in the 80's/70's. The need to have 4 capable lines and solid defense to win a cup is relatively recent.

Agreed but hit me with the guy who played seven games and wasn't injured, he just played the games until Willie Mitchell came back, the last four of which he was horrible. It's not like he even practiced all season with the team, he was in the AHL the entire season. It was a pity thing for the big dork and it will never not bother me.

Anyway not the thread for this, sorry.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Cleaning hmmm. Carefully retrace the signature with a sharpie and lightly hand wash?

I need an old school pennant for the Tykes wall.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad