OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Do not buy anything from “XXXXXX” on eBay. Be forewarned!!

items are not what they seem. Not to be trusted. First purchase out of hundreds (like 400) on eBay that I need to say that.

I know who it is — I hope he doesn’t post here — but please be careful.

Edit — seems the right thing is happening and I’m going to be able to return it. If that happens — will delete this post (In the interim, I’m taking out the name of the seller)

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

ArtVandelay1987

Sep 19, 2012
Martinsburg,WV
This is around 200. Maybe like 190....all wedged together in my side of our closet. I haven’t counted recently. All the ones I like to wear and the most expensive ones. (All game worn, or team to player issued, or signed authentics)

View attachment 315015

Rest are in suitcases in the garage. Around another 175 or so. Not exactly sure. I’m going to sell most of those.

all that said, I don’t have any duplicate jerseys (same player and same exact type — so red or white and retro and blue/black/eagle etc). I may upgrade some of the ones that I’m selling of the same exact type. But I haven’t seen one yet
Amazing collection. I am super jealous. Myself I have around 10 Capitals jerseys and working on growing it more. What one is your favorite one to wear??

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Amazing collection. I am super jealous. Myself I have around 10 Capitals jerseys and working on growing it more. What one is your favorite one to wear??
Wow. That’s pretty much an unanswerable question my friend. There are so many that I spend a good amount of time rotating based on silly things like how the team is playing while I wear it (yes— I’m superstitious, and I wear them during games all the time).

I probably wear the game worn home red throw back Carlson, Oshie, and Backstrom ...along with rotating the 4-5 Ovechkins I have. But I will certainly sprinkle in many of the older ones as the days go by.

I think the white throw back GW Andrew Gordon (#63) has a special place in my heart. It was the one that I would go to when things weren’t looking good during the games of the ‘18 run....and the results spoke for themselves.

The funny thing is whatever magic it had for me is over. I’ve tried it a few times since and the Caps lose every time!!

Reactions: ArtVandelay1987

ArtVandelay1987

Sep 19, 2012
Martinsburg,WV
So I don't know if any of you are on r/hockeyjerseys and r/caps but Friday I posted a new jersey to my collec\tion from Hockey Authentic.
rhf5xoejgrj41.jpg

Knuble91

Dec 17, 2019
Anyone know if the caps store still has the red new era (I believe) dad hat that just says ALL CAPS, with the 3 stars all in white?

Been looking all over for it and I'm just about to call them and ask if they can ship me one

Knuble91

Dec 17, 2019
Also, does anyone know who would do a custom jersey if i were to send a blank one in?
I'd love a BONDRA red but I really don't feel like paying $210+ on ebay for a replica

Sep 19, 2008
Also, does anyone know who would do a custom jersey if i were to send a blank one in?
I'd love a BONDRA red but I really don't feel like paying $210+ on ebay for a replica
Doesn't Medstar do custom stitching? Not sure.

You could get a blank Adidas from the above link for 67 dollars and get it stitched

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Got drunk and bought these 16x20

Attachments

• 5BC0A2B3-9861-4BF9-857F-FB9745972BDC.jpeg
    5BC0A2B3-9861-4BF9-857F-FB9745972BDC.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 734125A1-0754-4D24-8278-A7E02D629F80.jpeg
    734125A1-0754-4D24-8278-A7E02D629F80.jpeg
    213.4 KB · Views: 13
Reactions: Roman Fell

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
My son asked for a replica Cup ring for Christmas, so me being the awesome parent I am looked into it. Well after a total of 50 hours of research, trying to avoid not getting what the picture in the ad shows (a common problem), avoiding scammers (there are a lot) and not wanting to spend $400 (Josten's price), I found one I felt comfortable getting.

I then hemmed and hawed before submitting my credit card info for two more days. Welp I ordered it on Nov. 5th and it came yesterday and man is it way better than I expected. All the postmarkings def indicate it came from China but it came earlier than the seller said it would.

Long post, sorry, but bottom line the thing is perfect!! It is heavy, looks almost exactly like the Caps ring and my son is gonna go ballistic when he opens it. :scared:

View attachment 159133 View attachment 159135 View attachment 159137

It came in a nice black box with bubble wrap and it was in a small ziploc as well. Needless to say I am writing this seller a stellar review.

Pre Sale CUSTOM NAME 2018 Washington Capitals Championship Ring Ovechkin Sz 7-14 | eBay
I bought this ring on SS’s recommendation like a month after this post, so fun to wear to games

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Any new jerseys Ridley Simon?
Of course!

I’d need to go thru which ones are new (new to me, that is)

From memory:
Stadium series game issued for Jerabek. I don’t think he played in that game, but I had to have a real one from that game. It’s rare.

In that same vein, also got a game issued Stadium Series for Kuznetsov. It was for the Dallas game, not the actual Stadium Series game can Toronto. Kuz was hurt for that game, so it’s not game worn. (And why I could afford it). They are pretty sweet jerseys.

I also just got a really old one. 1981 game worn Glen Currie. White #28. I love the really old ones. When you can find them.

I’m mulling over a Winter Classic Orpik game worn. From when we hosted. The Red w the W. But it’s super expensive. Like 2500 or something. I don’t have a game worn from that game — but man. I dunno.

I think I have some other news ones. I will check through and respond again later on.

thanks for asking my friend!

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah. I’m looking at the Orlov Alt 3rd Red #9 game issued jersey. That’s right up my alley.

the 16-17 Travis Boyd White Game worn is interesting.

As I mentioned, I bought a Glen Currie 81-82 home white #28. There is another one from that team — #20 Jay Johnston. I’m eyeing that one as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
7500. I know. I wish. There is a Langway Game Worn for 9500.

those are just too much

edit — and probably the most expensive jersey I’ve ever seen is a Caps Jersey. But not one you’d ever expect.

#9 Red Game Worn — Ace Bailey. 125,000. Wow. There’s obv a lot of story behind a Bailey jersey. I will spare you all the details, but you should read about it.

Eddie Shore, Red Horner, the first all star game, and a suspension after the commissioner waited to see if a player would survive? Yeah, its old time hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad