OT: Your Caps Collection, now with more Lord Stanley & Reverse Retro (all-purpose jersey, memorabilia, clothing, etc discussion thread)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
I can see how bunched up her clothes in that closet lol. Has she forced you to put some in the basement/garage? Haha

Oh yeah. Almost half are in the garage (we don’t generally
have basements in NorCal). I’ve really toned down my new purchases. If I bought all that I wanted, I’d probably have 400 :facepalm:

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I got a Ovechkin signed conference finals puck, Vrana signed finals puck, Oshie signed official game 5 puck, and Carlson signed Stadium Series puck from Fanatics with coupons and cash back offers and discounted gift cards, going to wait until I can get that official display a little cheaper and I'll have something pretty sweet.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I've googled it and the answers are confusing but I need to know how I can get a jersey that is not a knockoff, and if it is it is basically undetectable from the tags on it to the Adidas logo, etc., for $89 on ebay? Does the seller steal them off a truck or something?

My Ovechkin jersey with the Final patch came and it is PERFECT!!

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I got that Challenge Coin today and it is beautiful. I really enjoy things that not everyone has.

I found out it is a retired police officer who runs this company that makes the coins. They are currently out of stock, the woman said they have done two "printings" or whatever it is called for coins, they were only planning on one and had no idea they would move the way they have.

She said one more will be done soon and then she's done.

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 5.46.37 PM.png
https://www.coppergear.biz/product-page/pre-order-2018-mpdc-stanley-cup-coin

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Have you ordered your Stanley Cup rings yet? (same size and the equal amount of ruby's on each as last year)

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Ridley Simon got any good finds after the Novy Jersey?;)

Negative. Bought a game worn Sacco (which I think I sent pics of?). There have been some interesting ones that are a tad on the expensive side (I like a retro 3rd Mike Richards thats for sale now...wants 900....but its way too expensive. Should be lower than the bid at 600. Been on there for a while now, so we will see).

There is an Owen Fussey (remember him?) game worn #63 white eagle from 2002-03. Wants 350. Probably a tad high. My guess is worth 300. It's been avail for a while now as well....

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Silky mitts

It’s yours boys and girls and babes let’s go!
Mar 9, 2004
I’m watching the blu ray, starts in 1974, 12 minutes in is the stadium series. 12:40 playoffs start. Cool shot of when Holtby comes in in game 2. They don’t play the clip of Ovy guarantees 2 wins. 21 minutes on to Pittsburgh. Handshakes from last 2 seasons ugh. Reirden makes an appearance as a talking head for game 2 vs pens. First time I’ve seen him with regular size eyes. Wilson’s first talking head for game 3, they show his hit on ZAR at regular speed. There were more Joe and Walton interviews before now it’s all the team. But back to the broadcasters for game 6. They don’t show Trotz turn his back on Reirden but they show closeups of the best angles of Kuzys goal, just show it once. 31 minutes Tampa. They didn’t show the disallowed Kucherov goal. It’s like they show that Wilson goal for 2 seconds, then 20 seconds of the team reacting to the goal, that annoys me. One damn clip from game 4! DSP scoring in game 6 but none of the hustle. Don’t show Wilson fight. Wow they’ve had Connolly with wildly different facial hair. 41 minutes on to Vegas. 2 minutes about Vegas and McPhee. At 50 minutes they go deep on the Orpik goal. They have not showed a single play more than once except the save and they show every single angle of the save. Angle I haven't seen on the game 3 Ovy goal. God Oshie is such a warrior. 1:16 they win the Cup then 7 minutes of the on ice celly and parade.

Lots of special features I went through, playoff highlights I think around 16 minutes, 6, and 4 of 1st 2 rounds, semis, and finals respectively, I've seen most of the Caps stuff as part of the Hockey Night in Canada montage. The on ice celly extended had a super extended thing with Oshie that's maybe the best thing on the blu ray I saw so far. I'm a little disappointed with the feature, hardly any new footage, picture quality is fine but sound is stereo only with no subtitles, Niskanen was the only talking head that said anything interesting, and 41 minutes for the history of the Caps up to the Finals then 42 minutes on the Finals, those grievances are in increasing order.

Last edited:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I'm a little disappointed with the feature, hardly any new footage, picture quality is fine but sound is stereo only with no subtitles, Niskanen was the only talking head that said anything interesting, and 41 minutes for the history of the Caps up to the Finals then 42 minutes on the Finals, those grievances are in increasing order.

I just finished, it is a collectors item, pretty cool to have and that is all.

SPOILER ALERT:

Niskanen saying in the last 7 minutes of game 5 it was "basically prison rules". :laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Silky mitts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad