OT: Your 2nd favorite Canadian NHL Team

MettleMcOiler

5-14-6-1
Mar 9, 2011
Edmonton
I was very curious today in what team would oiler fans consider their second favorite team. There was another thread made back in 2007 I found and was about to dig it out of cryostasis but it didn't have Winnipeg Jets on the poll, so in fairness I made a new thread to add them.

So without further ado, Ottawa has become my second favorite team.

Not only because their a good young team like ours, but I honestly think they have some great fans. Actually ottawa fans that I met in real life the past 5 years, slowly swayed my opinion towards the team, very down to earth and knowledgeable fans that debate about hockey instead taking shots on teams.

Anyways, hope that's enough to get things going. :)

Edit: Poll is up :)

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2008
Sens for me. Could easily become my favourite Canadian team if the Lannister's dont send their regards to Klowe in the near future.

Oct 30, 2011
Ottawa is a fun team to watch. They have some good young players.

MTL is kinda similar with their younger players.

I'm not a huge fan of Winnipeg. I'm not sure why.

I don't mind watching Toronto games. They usually involve quite a bit of scoring...on both sides.

I hate Vancouver and Calgary.

Vancouver is a better team to watch than Calgary though.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Hmmm...it used to be that I could cheer for ANY Canadian team...but...these days I find its almost the complete opposite.

There is a lot to love about this country...but...even on Canada Day...I won't resist the urge to opine...Canada has become a country of "hockey snobs" where I see way too much focus on these NHL teams, way too much entitlement and not nearly enough support or innovation for the actual grass roots of the game and when you put all that together...I just can't get away from Canadian NHL teams fast enough once "my team" is out of the playoffs...and to be honest...I have a hard time articulating why exactly I continue to cheer for the Oilers for that matter.

I like the group Toronto had this year. They were gutty. Totally devoid of goaltending...and grossly overrating the (Canadian) goalie they DID have...but...a very hard working team. I hoped they would upset BOS.

The rest of them?

Its a joke. Really.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
Pretty close to a toss-up between the Senators and that villainous bunch residing on the west coast, though in the end I voted for the good guys out of the East.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
Meow.

And here I thought I was the only Anti-Canadian-Canadian.

;)

Last edited:

PeakMcOil

Loyal To The Oil
Jul 25, 2008
Same here, hate them all because of their fans now

Ya this is about where I'm at too. Used to like the Sens but after I've joined HF it's hard to like other teams solely because a minority of other teams fans ruin everything for you.

I know that this is my reasoning and yet I can't stop it.

Winnipeg because they are new and they really deserve and are supporting a team (plus we never play them). I still like the Habs for some reason (maybe you don't see that many Oiler trolls from the hab fanbase idk).

Ottawa went from a favourite of mine to a hated team strictly based on hf, it's sad actually.

I think everyone here likes Columbus though!! Good fanbase on hf for the most part, and a blue collar, respectable team.

McQuixote

Jan 27, 2006
Edmonton, AB
Quebec Nordiques

This is a good answer.

I lived in Ottawa (and loved it there) for a few years. I've got nothing against the Sens.

The Jets kind of like that neighbor kid a couple years younger than you who you sometimes let tag along because he eats bugs when you dare him and you know you can always kick his ass at video games. You don't really like him, but it felt weird when he was sent to live with his crazy aunt that summer and wasn't around. It's nice to know that he's there.

Any other team in Canada can go get stuffed. When they play each other, I root for the Earth to open up and swallow them whole.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
I haven't found my way to hating the Jets yet.

This is as close as I come to having a second favorite Canadian team.

Everest

Apr 19, 2005
The Jets are a Dragons Den episode where Treliving got tired of common sensically saying "NO" and instead said; "Oh, what the heck its not like they're going to go to Saskatchewan to spend their NHL dollars."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad