Speculation: Your 2016/17 tank lineup. What place do we finish?

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I don't understand why Bozak is a lock maybe I'm missing something? Isn't that the best piece we have to move right now in terms of bringing in more picks/prospects and clearing a roster spot for young players? He's might not even be a top 6 centre next year with Kadri/Nylander there and he's not gonna be a part of the team 5 years down the line.

notdoneyet

Jun 19, 2006
Saint John,N.B.
My take

Jvr stamkos marner
Laine nylander Lucic UFa
Sosh Kadri komarov
Hyman laich greening
Carrick

Reilly demers UFa
Gardner zaitsev
Mancarin carrick
Hunwick

Bernier
???

Trade bozak. Michalek. Holland

Ltir Horton. Robidas. Lupul

I think that is a playoff team
Add another dman at trade deadline and watch out

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
20 to 25, closer to the latter. But if we incorporate Nylander, Zaitsev, Laine (for sake of argument, who sure looks ready to make the jump, even by cautious standards such as ours), possibly Marner, Hyman, and Brown and get a less horrendous start from Bernier, another solid year from Komarov, and ice a somewhat stabilized defensive corp, we are a radically different team. Of course, all that might fall flat. But it sure is interesting to contemplate what even the near future could hold. Plus there would still be a ton of talent (Kapanen, Leivo, Leipsic, Vailev, et al) back on the farm.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Lol the next day kadri signs and zaitsev promises once again he's signing in 3 weeks!!!! Your a little off Jeypic ;)

Lol all I did was post a list of players we had on contract. To see how well people thought that team would do. Not trying to predict the future or count chickens before they hatch is kind of the premise to this whole post. Updated the lineup with kadri. If/when Zaitsev signs I'll update it again.

horner

May 22, 2007
JVR - Matthews - Marner
Stamkos - Nylander - Kapanen
Komarov - Kadri - Soshnikov
Hyman - Gauthier - Brown

Rielly - X
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Loov - Valiev
-Marincin/Percy/Harrington/Dermott/Nielsen

Marner won't be 1st line PT time player.
Kappy not ready.
Goat not ready.
Valiev not ready.
Stamkos it's a pipe dream.

17/18
Goat, Kappy, Valiev, Dermot and Percy.

Don't forget
Greening, Laich, hunwick and Michalek.

Maybe bring those kids up at the deadline.

I think Marner plays for the Wjhc.

I think we will sign Lucic.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
JVR - Stamkos - Marner
Komarov - Nylander - Laine
Michalek - Kadri - Shoos
Martin - Laich - Hyman

Rielly-Demers
Zaitsev-Gardiner
Marincin-Carrick

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I would say 20 - 25. As far as the line up go, I am not going to speculate any thing as I believe in our management. A lot can happen between now and before the traing the camp

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Marner Stamkos Nylander
JVR Bozak Soshnikov
Leipsic Kadri Hyman
Greening Laich Komarov
Michalek

Pucker77

May 10, 2012
Minnesota
I will start off by saying that I think the Leafs will only go after Stamkos IF they do not get Auston Matthews. If the Leafs select Matthews then they do not go after Stamkos in free agency.

I believe the Leafs will also sign one of 2 2008 draftee's either Steven Stamkos or Mikkel Boedker.

Assuming the Leafs select Auston Matthews:

JVR-Kadri-Boedker
Greening-Matthews-Nylander
Soshnikov-Bozak-Marner
Michalek-Laich-Lupul/Hyman

Marincin-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Hunwick-Corrado

Bernier
???

Assuming the Leafs lose the draft lottery and select #2 or #3:

JVR-Stamkos-Nylander
Laine/Puljujarvi-Kadri-Soshnikov
Greening-Bozak-Marner

Marincin-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Hunwick-Corrado

Bernier
???

2 pure rookies in Marner and Matthews/Laine/Puljujarvi, 3 other rookie forwards who at least had a taste of the NHL in Nylander, Hyman, and Soshnikov. Then on the back end Nikita Zaitsev who by the NHL definition would be a rookie but from what I have read he has played professonally in Europe for 6 or 7 years.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I will start off by saying that I think the Leafs will only go after Stamkos IF they do not get Auston Matthews. If the Leafs select Matthews then they do not go after Stamkos in free agency.

I believe the Leafs will also sign one of 2 2008 draftee's either Steven Stamkos or Mikkel Boedker.

Assuming the Leafs select Auston Matthews:

JVR-Kadri-Boedker
Greening-Matthews-Nylander
Soshnikov-Bozak-Marner

Marincin-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Hunwick-Corrado

Bernier
???

Assuming the Leafs lose the draft lottery and select #2 or #3:

JVR-Stamkos-Nylander
Laine/Puljujarvi-Kadri-Soshnikov
Greening-Bozak-Marner

Marincin-Rielly
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Hunwick-Corrado

Bernier
???

2 pure rookies in Marner and Matthews/Laine/Puljujarvi, 3 other rookie forwards who at least had a taste of the NHL in Nylander, Hyman, and Soshnikov. Then on the back end Nikita Zaitsev who by the NHL definition would be a rookie but from what I have read he has played professonally in Europe for 6 or 7 years.

Oh i think they will go after Stamkos even if they draft Mathews

They would start with

Stamkos
Kadri- sign to palatable 3rd line c money
Bozak -2 years left on contract
Laich- 1 year left

Nylander,Mathews,Goat waiting in the wings to fill C slots

Come TD Laich is traded and one of Nylander/Mathews fills a C slot or the goat fills 4th line C

Maybe even Bozak is also traded and both Nylander and Mathews fills C slots after a 60 game break in period

Maybe they chose to keep Nylander with other high skilled players like JVR,Stamkos-Willi

Stamkos gives them a automatic #1C right away and gives babcock depth and sheltering(with kadri also) to break in young Cs like Mathews,Nylander,goat

would anyone in their right mind have issues with this set up for the 2017/18 season?

JVR-Stamkos-Nylander
Vesey-Mathews-Marner
Koma-Kadri-Sosh
Hyman-Goat-Brown

lindgren,Kapen

i know, i sure as hell would not

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad