Status
Not open for further replies.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
RangerBoy said:
Lay off

I know one of the guys who runs it
There is no doubt it is a small fan site that is trying to be legitimate. Hopefully they get their act together because that is where you build credibility. Having a duplicate in the top 15 with "controversial" rankings isn't a good way to start.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
rtafts said:
I wouldn't rank Montoya that high ...

I would imagine that there's at least a couple teams out there that have him in their top 5.

Doesn't look like there's much consensus outside of the top two picks. Us fans would be shocked if we saw the disparity between the real lists of the NHL teams...

Larry Melnyk

Feb 27, 2002
Gloomsville, USA
Visit site
Just for accuracy sake, they have Schneider ranked #14 in thier in-depth coverage...The "double" Ladd in the bottom right top 15 list was just an error which I'm sure they will correct real soon......That error aside, I like their "controversial" rankings even if I don't agree with all of them...They just see more positives in a few players that others don't and, who knows, they may be right..

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
EroCaps said:
There are going to be a bevy of "steals" this year, w/7-50 so equally regarded.

One could read it that way . . . or if one were of the 'glass half empty' persuassion those picking from 7 on are going to end up with a second round calibre pick.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
I really like Schneider, but considering Schwarz isn't even on the top 15 I don't know what those people at YGH.com are doing. Let's see what happens when the Ladd error gets fixed, do you think he'll keep the 6 or 12 ranking? Does that move everyone up a slot and a new guy at 15 or is there someone missing that was supposed to be inserted into either 6 or 12 a la Schwarz?

Even if the rankings weren't insane and the Ladd error hadn't been made, the writing on the website is awful. It is, written like this, with way too many, commas. Oh well, i'd rather spend $0 on this than whatevr RLR charges! :)

Larry Melnyk

Feb 27, 2002
Gloomsville, USA
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
I really like Schneider, but considering Schwarz isn't even on the top 15 I don't know what those people at YGH.com are doing. Let's see what happens when the Ladd error gets fixed, do you think he'll keep the 6 or 12 ranking? Does that move everyone up a slot and a new guy at 15 or is there someone missing that was supposed to be inserted into either 6 or 12 a la Schwarz?

Even if the rankings weren't insane and the Ladd error hadn't been made, the writing on the website is awful. It is, written like this, with way too many, commas. Oh well, i'd rather spend $0 on this than whatevr RLR charges! :)

Ooops, my bad! I made things worse for them...They have Schwarz at 12 with Ladd at 6.....ANd Schneider at 14

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
DaveyCrockett said:
Damn that Andrew Ladd is good, he made the list twice!!

First off, I guess we should be happy that someone actually started a thread about us. :handclap: That said, I'll answer some of the points people brought up in the next few posts.

Ladd X 2: This was a mistake. Every slot from 1-15 was supposed to be Ladd. :D But seriously, here's what happened. We sent our web designer the new 1-15 order last night, along with all the new revised profiles. He updated them overnight and looked like he did a great job. Until we got to #12 on our chart :eek: He scewed up. Nothing more, nothing less. Our company is based in NY and our web designer is based in the UK. He's a friend of a friend who said he could help us out, without charging an arm and a leg. He does good work but isn't perfect and when something goes wrong we can't just open up our computer and fix it. We have to wait for him to do it. He told me it would be fixed by tomorrow. My fingers are crossed. Something similar happened once before and although it's embarassing, I think the quality of work stands for itself. What can ya do?

Someone already pointed this out earlier but in our draft guide there was no such mistake. Marek Schwarz is number 12.

Chief

Jun 19, 2003
NY, NY
Captain Conservative said:
What a joke. Stafford ahead of Olesz and Barker??

If you've got a crystal ball that shows who'll have a better NHL career then you should rent it out to NHL teams. The fact is we won't know which players have better careers until it happens. We still have Barker as the top-ranked D-man in the draft so his being #8 shouldn't be seen as some kind of knock on him. Nor should anyone look at our rankings as a mock draft. We're sure Barker will go either at #3 or #4. We just think the players we have ranked ahead of him will be better. Just our opinion. Part of the problem with draft rankings is that there's so few resources. All you seem to get are a lot of the same re-hashed opinions when the fact is if you looked at the draft boards for all of the NHL teams, I think you'd be shocked at just how different the rankings are. I would be willing to bet that there probably aren't 2 teams that have the same players ranked in the same order 1-15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad