Youngest Cup winner that never won another one

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Tyler Seguin was a lucky boy. In his first NHL season he was the member of Stanley Cup winner. As a 19 years old. It is too soon to say, that he will never win another.

So, im asking, if there were such examples?

Jaromir Jagr is also a good example. He won the first Cup in his first season. Also as an 19 years old rookie. The next season he won another one. One could say at that time, that he will win another cups. Especially after he grow to Superstar level. But that never happened. Still, he won 2 Cups.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
Staal was 21 and Gomez 20 when they won it. I wouldn't write Tyler off yet.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Seguin is the youngest.

Larry Hillman and Gaye Stewart were both 18 when they won the Cup but they both went on to win it again over the course of their careers. Seguin is third youngest to win it.

nolan pratt

Mar 15, 2009
Canada
I believe Marty Gelinas was 19/20 when he won it. Came close a few more times with Calgary and Carolina(?) though.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i wouldn't count seguin out since he's still very young

i think jagr is the answer. won the cup at 18 and 19 and hasn't won one since now at age 45

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Still officially active though. Looking at the above, I think it's Gelinas. Jagr will probably end up with the title though.

if jagr does win the cup in 2018, going 27 years in between cup wins has to be a record right?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Still officially active though. Looking at the above, I think it's Gelinas. Jagr will probably end up with the title though.

Jagr will. He will never be an important piece of a good team, his last chance to be that was 2013. He can be an important piece of a mediocre team but would not go to a contender where he would not make the top two lines, nor would they want him for that.

Moose Head

Mar 12, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Jagr will. He will never be an important piece of a good team, his last chance to be that was 2013. He can be an important piece of a mediocre team but would not go to a contender where he would not make the top two lines, nor would they want him for that.

Would it had been too much of a shocker to see the Preds or Sens pick up a guy like Jagr at the deadline though?

I don't think a contender will ever sign him in the summer but I could still see him as a deadline pickup if he sticks around another year.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
Would it had been too much of a shocker to see the Preds or Sens pick up a guy like Jagr at the deadline though?

I don't think a contender will ever sign him in the summer but I could still see him as a deadline pickup if he sticks around another year.

........maybe. but then, do they get to the finals with Jagr in a 2nd line RW role? I have a feeling no.

reckoning

Jan 4, 2005
Does anybody know what the record is for most years between Cup wins?

The longest I can think of is Chelios at 16 years from '86 to '02.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
Does anybody know what the record is for most years between Cup wins?

The longest I can think of is Chelios at 16 years from '86 to '02.

That's a good trivia question. Recchi is close behind at 15 years (1991 to 2006) - though only 14 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad