Young studs keeper team - playing the long game

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
Hey guys, I have a team of young guns in a H2H 10-team keeper league. We can keep 7 players each year.

My locks are: Pavelski, Eichel, Duchene, Ekblad and John Gibson.

The last two spots are going to go to any of the following:
Max Domi, Sam Bennett, Bobby Ryan, Kessel, Duclair, Shattenkirk, Barrie, Seabrook, Keith and Mrazek.

I'm playing the long game here. I'm okay with not winning this year, but I'm really trying to build a solid team for the next few years. Any thoughts on who to keep?

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Dump Gibson and keep Mrazek for sure, I believe he's a much better goalie for both now and the future. In two years, I expect Barrie and Bennett to be the most productive fantasy players from that group, unless Keith can keep on defying age like he's been doing for a while. Kessel has a shot as well.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
I can see Mrazek v. Gibson being a tougher call than most might think, but I would keep Gibson personally. Anaheim's defence is loaded and has reinforcements coming along as well. I believe Carlyle is a "defense first" type coach as well, right? We don't know how long he'll last (this time) in Anaheim but could be worth considering.

As for the rest of your roster, Domi, Kessel and Barrie stand out for the "long game" to me. Good young offensive dmen have always been priority for me in fantasy play so Barrie is a lock.

Kessel is young enough that he can be a part of your future and is already an established star so I would probably pick him over Domi.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad