Young Stars Coverage

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Broadcast partner TSN 1290 will be carry all three Jets games from the Young Stars Classic, called by the team of new radio play-by-play man Paul Edmonds and colour commentator Shane Hnidy. You will also hear their play call as the games are streamed live on www.winnipegjets.com. Visit the Jets’ website for game recaps, interviews, and exclusive coverage from Jets TV during the Young Stars Classic.

http://jets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=729734&navid=DL|WPG|home

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
The games are streamed on the websites of each team appearing in the games. I recall last year for example that the stream quality of the Jets/Oilers game video broadcast was superior when viewed on the Oilers site versus from the Jets. So your answer is that each team appearing in a game will be broadcasting the event, but their individual signal quality will vary.

Further, Neulion had a clearinghouse website setup last year that allowed you to view all of the games from one location. Am unsure if the same will apply but this year, but last year's site is still online and working, so if you'd like to kill some time today and maybe re-watch the Jets hammering of the Oilers from last season's tournament, click "watch now" on the appropriate game link...
http://youngstars.insinc.com/

GGSmitty

Sep 25, 2012
Winnipeg
According to most schedules I've seen, the Jets first game in the tourny against Calgary is at 4:00 pm Pacific time which would be 6:00 Winnipeg. However they keep reporting that game coverage starts at 2:00. on 1290. Anyone know for sure. I obviously would prefer a 6 o'clock start so I have time to get home from work.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
According to most schedules I've seen, the Jets first game in the tourny against Calgary is at 4:00 pm Pacific time which would be 6:00 Winnipeg. However they keep reporting that game coverage starts at 2:00. on 1290. Anyone know for sure. I obviously would prefer a 6 o'clock start so I have time to get home from work.

Posted this in the Prospects thread:

Penticton Young Stars Tourney schedule. I'm assuming the times are PST, as this is from the Canucks site: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=63786

Edit: disregard the comment about PST - I converted the times to CST in this table.

GAME|TEAMS|DATE|TIME
Game 1|Calgary vs Winnipeg|Sept. 12|6:00 PM
Game 2|Vancouver vs Edmonton|Sept. 12|9:30 PM
Game 3|Calgary vs Edmonton|Sept. 13|9:30 PM
Game 4|Vancouver vs Winnipeg|Sept. 14|4:00 PM
Game 5|Vees' Exhibition|Sept. 14|7:30 PM
Game 6|Edmonton vs Winnipeg|Sept. 15|1:30 PM
Game 7|Vancouver vs Calgary|Sept. 15|7:30 PM

I'm fairly certain 1290 is wrong.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

That threw me off as well. But from the official jets site:

Young Stars Classic schedule*

GAME TEAMS DATE TIME

Game 1 Calgary vs. Winnipeg Sept. 12 4:00 pm

Game 2 Vancouver vs. Edmonton Sept. 12 7:30 pm

Game 3 Calgary vs. Edmonton Sept. 13 7:30 pm

Game 4 Vancouver vs. Winnipeg Sept. 14 2:00 pm

Game 5 Vees’ Exhibition Sept. 14 5:30 pm

Game 6 Edmonton vs. Winnipeg Sept. 15 11:30 am

Game 7 Vancouver vs. Calgary Sept. 15 5:30 pm

*Game dates, times and opponents subject to change

* All time pacific

So that would be 6 PM CST Friday.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Hockey!!! Sports!!! Rookies!!!

'edit'

... and they scheduled our games just perfectly for me. MAGIC.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad