Young Stars Classic Tournament - September 11-14th

Bobs your uncle

Sep 18, 2003
Canada
Gillies looks like a real nice player against his peers.
Look forward to see his performance at the main camp where the bar rises substantially.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Gillies looks like a real nice player against his peers.
Look forward to see his performance at the main camp where the bar rises substantially.
I think he will really impress people and if he ends up in Stockton with Ortio that he will steal the starting job from Ortio.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Sounds like Gillies will be coming out and the backup will play the 3rd. Not sure who is dressed as the backup tho.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Arnold has really impressed me this game. He is really good up against the boards and under pressure. Comes away with the puck more often than not. Mangiapane has also been great. Looking like he could be a late round steal!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Kylington's skating really is good. He had a rush a few minutes ago where he looked like he was bottled up a few times, and he just went to another gear to escape.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Lol Roy.

You're on a 3-on-2 in OT with no one backing you up. Should you:

a) pass left?
b) pass right?
c) shoot on net?
d) do nothing, then wire it into a shinpad?

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Can see Morrison spending the full year in Stockton. Behind Wotherspoon at the very least on the recall list.

Poirier and Arnold look great. Can see both make Treliving and Hartley's life difficult in training camp. Arnold in particular can make Stajan expendable sooner than later.

Ah, oh well. Record of 1-1-1.

Roy's not getting a contract. Not a loss in the slightest.

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
You're kidding me Eric Roy. If nobody wanted to draft you again and the Flames decided to give you another chance, you should at least try to make some impression.

The guy doesn't work hard at all for someone who should be working hard to overcome his very-noticeable deficiencies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Mr Roy, looks out of his element. Fantastic junior player; but I think his limit was being a prolific CHL'er (a la Nemisz). Too bad, because he looked fantastic in juniors.

I think the guy who really stood out this tournament was Gillies. Just a pillar of strength when he was out there. Kylington looked good tonight, he has really great upside. He might end up being a fantastic player for us, in short order. Andersson looked fantastic; Bennett looked like he was out there trying to beat everyone at once. I think it stems from being the best player not named McDavid at the tournament (he was giving 100% just pushing a bit too much).

Klimmer looked good tonight, Poirier didn't really impress at this tournament at all... Some of the invites were decent. Sieloff barely looks like a second rounder anymore.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Can see Morrison spending the full year in Stockton. Behind Wotherspoon at the very least on the recall list.

Poirier and Arnold look great. Can see both make Treliving and Hartley's life difficult in training camp. Arnold in particular can make Stajan expendable sooner than later.

Ah, oh well. Record of 1-1-1.

Roy's not getting a contract. Not a loss in the slightest.

Treliving made note of Arnold too. I think he's going to be in the NHL sooner rather than later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad