Post-Game Talk: Young Stars Classic - Canucks def. Oilers - 5-2

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Yeah I can't wait, tommorrow it's kind of silly that the game is at 2 because I mean come on people have work and school. Even on a Monday it makes no sense. Anyways I think the Oilers look less offensive as in there forwards are not as good as they used to be. Also with last nights game I think Edmonton will have low confidence.

JoeCool16

Sep 9, 2011
Vancouver
Yeah Oilers have pretty much no offense, and their defense seems shellshocked (and full of players who have barely played any pro hockey, AHL or Europe), with Klefbom being super rusty. It'll hopefully be a good chance to see what Shinkaruk can do with some extra space!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Roy has looked good this tournament so he's someone to looks out for, the rest of their guys imo have been really inconsistent. Klefbom shows obvious skill, but hasn't been impressive in comparison to guys like Morrisey and Trouba. Marcinin looked really good last game, so I'm going to keep an eye on him.

I wonder who is in be for them.

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
Yeah I can't wait, tommorrow it's kind of silly that the game is at 2 because I mean come on people have work and school. Even on a Monday it makes no sense. Anyways I think the Oilers look less offensive as in there forwards are not as good as they used to be. Also with last nights game I think Edmonton will have low confidence.

It's at 5 in Ontario, so it's perfect for us east coast nucks fans. They are thinking about us! FINALLY!

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
Yeah Oilers have pretty much no offense, and their defense seems shellshocked (and full of players who have barely played any pro hockey, AHL or Europe), with Klefbom being super rusty. It'll hopefully be a good chance to see what Shinkaruk can do with some extra space!

I would love to see this

Shinkaruk 3 goals

Horvat 1 goal 3 assists

Subban 1 goal 1 assist

Jensen 1 goal

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
Odd to see the Canucks have a better prospect team than the Oilers. Been a long while since that could be said.

Unfortunately, if the guys likely moving on to camp (Horvat, Shinkaruk, Mallet, Eriksson, etc) were to sit out one game, I think this would be the game. With Gaunce potentially injured, I wouldn't expect to see him, either.

Is there any word on Grenier yet? Wanted to get a look at him.

CanucksOo

Jul 29, 2006
California
Elliott Pap ‏@ElliottPap 2m
Nux scratches for today's prospects game vs Oil include: Horvat, Shinkaruk, Subban. Gaunce back in. Corrado and Franson still in. #canucks

stevecanuck16

Jul 28, 2009
Nux scratches for today's prospects game vs Oil include: Horvat, Shinkaruk, Subban. Gaunce back in. Corrado and Franson still in. #canucks

Called it.

Surprised about Gaunce, though. Guess that means he isn't injured...which unfortunately means that he just played poorly in the first game. Hoping for a rebound.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

damn I was hoping our top prospect would still play all the game.......oh well

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
Oh great, was looking forward to watching horvat, and shinkaruk and they are not even playing.

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Huh... Well, that answers my question regarding what to watch. Prospect game without BoHo and Shinkaruk on my 13" Mac Pro, or NFL Sunday on my 70" haha.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
why dont they have Hunter and Hovart play all 4 games?
what is the point of having guys like Pecan, Hope and Hall playing?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad