Young Players/NHL

FLYERSxGIROUX28

Jan 29, 2011
Philly
The title is pretty vague, but I wanted to make a thread that pays attention to young players who may have a break out year. Further, there are a few AHL players/prospects who are having a great season and I'm not sure if they're going to be playing for the big club this season. If anyone could help out, I was wondering what kind of role Tyler Johnson (TB) and Lehner (OTT) may have. I know Ott has Anderson, but I don't know what the deal with Auld and Bishop is for this upcoming season. Lehner has something ridiculous like a .944sp and 1.94 GAA, so he's definitely a kid I wanna keep my eye on for FH, but I definitely won't be drafting him. Another interesting player is Nino Neiderreiter. He's really young and talented, but he managed barely any points last season in over 50 games. He does have 17g and 17a for 34pts in 34 games in the AHL this season though. I'll probably pick him up after the draft if he's available. Finally, a guy who's been in the limelight, Justin Schultz. I know a lot of people are expecting big things from him, but I haven't read much about him recently and the projections for him are modest at best, despite him having something ridiculous like 48 points.
Who else?

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
I can't think of the breakout players at the moment but here are some rookies worth keeping an eye on. There immediate impact is totally unknown.

Yakupov should make Oilers roster but I doubt he is a sleeper lol.

A couple readwings to keep an eye on
Tartar and Nyquivst

Chris Kreider is someone to watch

So is vladimir tarasenko

Doug Hamilton could make bostons roster

Jacob Markstrom could possibly challenge for starter in Florida

Calgary's Roman Cervenka and Detroits Damien Brunner are not a typical young guys you are asking for but rather they are imports coming to the NHL later in their pro careers. They may have success and some managers may forget about him

Schultz is certainly worth a pick

Honorable mentions
Simon Desperes could make Pittsburg roster although fantasy numbers for him are a long shot at this stage
Will be interested to see if Jon Blum can pull it together this season considering Nashville lost their top 2 D.
Is Kuznetzov coming over this season I don't know the story on him
Ryan Murray should make the blue jackets roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad