Value of: Young LA Kings Centers

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
LA is loaded prospect wise. Let them bloom and trade the surplus when their value has increased.

But hey, if you really don't want another center, we'll gladly swap #2 for #4.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Guys.... this thread is to figure out what's out there value wise, to have a better understanding
what other people would have to offer as soon as we have a clearer picture regarding our youngsters.

And yes, this is for fun only since i am no GM of the Kings like all of the other proposals around here.

And NOOOOO, we don't want young centers

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Forgive me for hijacking the thread, but to perhaps make it a little clearer, I think the point of this thread is to try to evaluate the potential value of the following players:

Gabe Vilardi
Alex Turcotte
Tyler Madden
Rasmus Kupari
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Akil Thomas
Aiden Dudas

Unless the Kings are getting a potential #1 defenseman back, it’s unlikely to see Turcotte or Vilardi (or Byfield) move. So the question then becomes are there any scoring wingers or potential 2-3 defensemen that the Kings could acquire for the others? That’s kind of a strange one too though, because I can definitely see Kupari and Madden playing top six scoring roles if they make the NHL.

For example, would Detroit be willing to move Seider for one of Turcotte or Vilardi? Would the Flyers consider Cam York for Tyler Madden? Or maybe Madden for Connor Timmins straight up? Or Romanov? What about Kupari for Jake Bean?

I dunno, just some ideas off the top of my head.

Reactions: Troy and KingsofLA

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
For example, would Detroit be willing to move Seider for one of Turcotte or Vilardi?

Not even for one second.

FWIW I did briefly think Hronek plus something small for one of them, but I'm not as high as most on Vilardi, and Turcotte is basically a Larkin clone.

Ledge And Dairy

Guys.... this thread is to figure out what's out there value wise, to have a better understanding
what other people would have to offer as soon as we have a clearer picture regarding our youngsters.

And yes, this is for fun only since i am no GM of the Kings like all of the other proposals around here.

And NOOOOO, we don't want young centers
1. Young centers is the one thing LA has a surplus of.
2. If you want to know what their values will be once you have a clearer picture of their development you can either a) get hold of a flux capacitor or b) wait until they develop.

Ledge And Dairy

Forgive me for hijacking the thread, but to perhaps make it a little clearer, I think the point of this thread is to try to evaluate the potential value of the following players:

Gabe Vilardi
Alex Turcotte
Tyler Madden
Rasmus Kupari
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Akil Thomas
Aiden Dudas

Unless the Kings are getting a potential #1 defenseman back, it’s unlikely to see Turcotte or Vilardi (or Byfield) move. So the question then becomes are there any scoring wingers or potential 2-3 defensemen that the Kings could acquire for the others? That’s kind of a strange one too though, because I can definitely see Kupari and Madden playing top six scoring roles if they make the NHL.

For example, would Detroit be willing to move Seider for one of Turcotte or Vilardi? Would the Flyers consider Cam York for Tyler Madden? Or maybe Madden for Connor Timmins straight up? Or Romanov? What about Kupari for Jake Bean?

I dunno, just some ideas off the top of my head.
4 of those listed players will likely be moved to the wing. Some of them may split the circle based on hand advantage. You can never have too many centers.

Reactions: go4hockey and Ciao

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
4 of those listed players will likely be moved to the wing. Some of them may split the circle based on hand advantage. You can never have too many centers.

Agreed, especially if the Kings draft Byfield. Unless the Kings are planning to use Kopitar - Byfield - Turcotte - Vilardi down the middle, but even then you’d have Kupari, Madden, Thomas, and others shifting to the wing.

kilowatt

Jan 1, 2009
I think the Canucks would be after Kempe. LAK after futures, or roster players?

Kempe is a strange one. He’s a former first round pick, he’s only 23, and he looked great playing on the second line with Vilardi. I think he has second-line left wing written all over him. But if the Kings could package him in a deal for a good defenseman, I would consider it. How is Juolevi doing?

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Just let your prospects develop, draft Stutzle/Byfield and a top 10 pick in 2021, and then once you start to have a competitive roster you trade whichever pieces are surplus then. No need to jump the guy and try to get cute with the rebuild.

Last edited:

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AV have the 1C and likely need a 3C, so there is no need to pursue the best prospects. LAK need DMen. Maybe a smaller deal for either:

Kupari or Dolan

for

Graves or Zadorov

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad