Young D. Compare

Peter James Bond II

Mar 5, 2015
I have not been able to see any of the games. Amongst Forbert, Gravel, LaDue, MacDermid, Trotman, who has stood out the most? (good or bad ways)

Whom seems ready to grab a spot?

Although Cernak is not in the mix, how has he looked?
Good to know the Kings have amassed a decent stable of D
prospects...with Clague, Moverare, Roy, Reddekopp, and Sharipzianov as future hopefuls as well. Add Lintuniemi and Zach Leslie as well.

Last edited:

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I have not been able to see any of the games. Amongst Forbert, Gravel, LaDue, MacDermid, Trotman, who has stood out the most? (good or bad ways)

Whom seems ready to grab a spot?

Although Cernak is not in the mix, how has he looked?
Good to know the Kings have amassed a decent stable of D
prospects...with Clague, Moverare, Roy, Reddekopp, and Sharipzianov as future hopefuls as well.
Cernak has struggled with the pace of the NHL game. MacDermid seems to be exceeding all of his projections and looks like he could be a Greene or Regehr type player sooner than later. LaDue has talent but needs to adjust to the pace of the NHL game. Forbort looks as steady as can be, looks like a lock for the third pairing or at least the seventh defenseman. Trotmann looks good one shift and then has a boneheaded giveaway on the next kind of reminds me of a bigger Peter Harrold.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Forbort has looked the most steady and confident. Gravel took a little bit to get going, but he looks steady. Trotman is a disaster one shift, then makes a decent play the next shift.

LaDue/MacDermid are AHL bound, they are not ready.

Forbort looks poised to take that third pairing spot.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
I gotta believe the third pair will be Gilbert-Forbort with Greene being the 7.

Scuderi and Trotman will pass thru waivers or attempt to and Gravel and MacD will be assigned to Ontario and not have to pass thru waivers.

Kings have lost quite a few solid players thru Waivers so I don't believe they will let Forbort go that route. Scuderi is old and done and Trotman anyone could have signed as a UFA.

BigKing

Blake Out of Hell III: Back in to Hell
Mar 11, 2003
Belmont Shore, CA
google.com
Forbort changed jersey numbers to a "real" one so count him in for the opening roster, although it remains to be seen if he plays or sits. Kings aren't going to Hickey him though so he will be up here in some capacity.

Really liked MacD and LaDue but they are waiver exempt so bye bye. Nice to see MacD taking steps to be a player.

Gravel looked good last game but I snuck in for a shift late in the 3rd and looked good too.

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
No problem with Gravel staying down in Ontario and getting a call up sometime this season, let him ripen down there. Its Forbort's time to make it or be an AHL'er for the rest of his career. A 3rd pair of Forbort-Gilbert sounds like it could be decent.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think Gravel going down is a bummer because he's ready but a victim of a numbers game, but would have to be first call up imo.

I'm real slow so I wore #7 as I figured nobody would notice the difference.

No wonder we thought Scuds looked good and agile.

bob77

Nov 19, 2014
I keep getting more impressed with McD all the time. He still needs to pick up his quickness though to make it. A lot could be seen in the AHL semi loss to eventual winner Erie (Cleveland, Columbus). They had tremendous speed, and McD was like minus 7 in a 5 game series. Gravel-1. Forbort +1. Gravel was taking unnecessary chances, and, Forbort understood the speed better. So, for the NHL, Forbort is more likely to translate. Gravel, understand the risk taking better. The NHL speed should make u think more about playing solid D. It's not all about who would look better as our #1D if Drew didn't make it back, there are different kind of minutes and roles to play. Everyone needs to keep that in mind. But at the end of the day, I'll be happy with what the coaches decide as long as 567 are not two old guys, just one is my limit. For young guys Forbort Gravel LaDue. Two of them for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad