Young blonde college girl dies choking on hot dogs

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Dude, someone died.

Honestly, if I died doing jumping jacks naked on my balcony, I would expect a few laughs as this made the news. In fact I would demand it, or would haunt you in your dreams.

Someone dying doesn't automatically make something unfunny.

I remember siblings playing chicken, by driving a car towards the other, and waiting until the last second to dive out of the way. In a packed parking lot where innocent civilians could have been hit.

He zagged. She zigged. He died.

The sheer stupidity of it all, made it funny to many. Sucks for his parents, his sister, but at some point one must ask the question. "What in the actual f*** were you thinking?!"

Her situation isn't idiocy, but more stuffing ones face full of food gone horribly awry.

I can see the snickers, but at the end of the day, looks like the world lost a good person when this thing happened.

Reactions: illegalsmile

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I can see the snickers,

images

Hmm, Snickers...

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
Snickers is not my favourite bar but I always keep a couple handy when on the road, they actually do knock those hunger induced episodes when behind a meal and a huge traffic pile up.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
I never understood eating contests. That reminds me of crap we did at high school, I remember taking a bet and had a bunch of bills piled on the table and jammed a whole Joe Louis without taking a bite. The infamy lasted for years, the forty dollars, not so much...

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I never understood eating contests

I have traveled the globe, and in a few of the developing countries I have been to, some were utterly confused watching shows like "Man vs Food".

Just to add insult to injury, he would complain about how his deliciously succulent and juicy oversized steak that is perfectly seasoned, is just too much to eat.

The nerve to complain about your sore stomach, after stuffing your face with literally a significant percentage off of a cow.

Mind you, its a metaphor for the American dream.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
Also, does it really need to be mentioned that she is blonde?

Overkill detail?

Isn't that like hearing a police description, and then being told they: "smelled like Calvin Klein Obsession, and clearly had just hopped out of the shower before robbing that bank--very fresh smelling"

Or food ads that tell you that foods were "individually hand picked, fresh". How else are you going to pick a watermelon?

CrazyMonkey1208

Apr 9, 2012
Also, does it really need to be mentioned that she is blonde?

The OP is aiming at the "stupid blonde" stereotype obviously...which today can be considered racist and sexist depending on how radical the person reading it is.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
considered racist and sexist

Racist? Really? How?

I mean, OP was looking for clickbait, using key words:

"Young", "blonde", and "college girl". The "hot dog" is just the icing on the cake.

Most who clicked didn't even read past that.

Guaranteed most were left heavily disappointed when they found out this was food that she choked on.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
I hate when the news does this, but am okay seeing it on a message board (clickbait wording).

"Woman dies at a food competition" is news. Mention her looks and its looking for attention.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
“Ugly old lady dies eating hotdog”

Yeah I don’t wanna read that gobbledy gook

“Sexy blonde college girl chocked on hotdog”

Now you’re speaking my language!! I’d love to read more about this!

Thanks for the excellent description in title @ucanthanzalthetruth , I knew immediately this was going to be a topic catered to me and my interests.

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
“Ugly old lady dies eating hotdog”

Yeah I don’t wanna read that gobbledy gook

“Sexy blonde college girl chocked on hotdog”

Now you’re speaking my language!! I’d love to read more about this!

Thanks for the excellent description in title @ucanthanzalthetruth , I knew immediately this was going to be a topic catered to me and my interests.

I have to admit, you do have a point. I see "elderly woman" and "death" in a title, and unless its falling from an aircraft and surviving, only to get hit by a Mack truck seeking help--I would skip the story wondering: "this is news?!"

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I have to admit, you do have a point. I see "elderly woman" and "death" in a title, and unless its falling from an aircraft and surviving, only to get hit by a Mack truck seeking help--I would skip the story wondering: "this is news?!"
If you were married to her or she was your mother, you'd probably read the story. Especially if there was a life insurance policy or a substantial inheritance involved. :yashin:

Egg

Sep 3, 2007
If you were married to her or she was your mother, you'd probably read the story. Especially if there was a life insurance policy or a substantial inheritance involved. :yashin:

If I have to read about it in the news, odds are we weren't that close to begin with.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
If I have to read about it in the news, odds are we weren't that close to begin with.

Speak for yourself, grumpy toads like myself often find out bad news while reading certain sections of the news, not like any one of those self indulgent tarts would ever call me.

illegalsmile

Nov 27, 2021
Behind you!
The first question I want to ask is, "How did she do in the contest?" I mean, did they give her a posthumous award for, at least, being a trier?! Second question, "Was there, at least, one guy at the contest, who thought, 'From experience, I'm pretty sure she's got this,' and put money down on her?

Honestly, if I died doing jumping jacks naked on my balcony, I would expect a few laughs as this made the news. In fact I would demand it, or would haunt you in your dreams.

Someone dying doesn't automatically make something unfunny.

I remember siblings playing chicken, by driving a car towards the other, and waiting until the last second to dive out of the way. In a packed parking lot where innocent civilians could have been hit.

He zagged. She zigged. He died.

The sheer stupidity of it all, made it funny to many. Sucks for his parents, his sister, but at some point one must ask the question. "What in the actual f*** were you thinking?!"

Her situation isn't idiocy, but more stuffing ones face full of food gone horribly awry.

I can see the snickers, but at the end of the day, looks like the world lost a good person when this thing happened.

I couldn't agree more. When I look back at some of the f***ing stupid things I did as a kid... (Skating the two feet wide wall of a bridge, twenty feet above a four-lane motorway, is one that springs to mind.) Other people f***ing up, through sheer stupidity, like children hurting themselves, will always be funny!

Generally speaking, much like in the animal kingdom, the herd will thin itself out, from time to time, with no interference from any outside party needing to take place. I think perspective needs to be sought, as opposed to just rolling out all the feels, every time we hear someone has died. This is a young person who took part in a hotdog eating competition, we haven't lost the cure for Cancer with this one gone, if anything, she has actually saved herself a long, tiresome job-search, later in life.

Personally, I disagree with you on one tiny point, I would say, "Stuffing ones face full of food," does, indeed, qualify as idiocy. You learn as a child, eating food too quickly is a choking hazard. The public statement from the school was, "In the face of this painful loss," (which I feel is someone being low-key funny already), "our hearts go out to Madie's family and friends." Behind closed doors, you just know their opinion is far more to the effect of, 'How will the actions of this idiot effect enrollment numbers?'

Apparently, "Thousands of students came out to the campus to mourn the loss of Nicpon, shortly after her death on Sunday evening." Speaking just for myself, I wouldn't want folk to mourn my death, if that was the way I died. I would want to be forgotten, because you just know someone, unsure of what is going on, is going to ask how you died... And, sadly, someone else is going to tell them!! f*** that! Just say, I died in an auto-erotic asphyxiation accident, dressed in lingerie and heels, at least that way, I stand the chance of someone saying, "Well, at least he went out happy, by his own hand!" (So to speak!)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad