GDT: You'll Shoot Yer Eye Out, Kid! Sabres @ Devils, 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
I think that is the only way to even begin to claim they have conclusive evidence. The two angles had to be synced, but you can’t see the puck on one angle.

They should be able to sync the time code up to fractions of a second, but even then I’m not sure you could see for sure that the puck is clearly over the line and his skate is clearly off the ice at the right times. We are literally talking a one frame difference.

And you are right if it comes down to this it shouldn’t be overturned.

When they showed that ice level blue line shot I knew we were f***ed. I agree that you can't say for 100% sure that he was offsides, and strictly speaking, that's how the challenge rule is written. But in practice I think it's not unusual for a play like this where it seems much more likely than not that he was offsides for the call to get overturned.

But here's the biggest lesson in all this for me: the whole reason that we have this appeal and replay system is so that if there's a bad call, the fans don't have to feel cheated. So now we have it, and yet here we all are feeling cheated. So it didn't really do what it was intended to do, did it? NJ Devils fans should know better than anyone that the league feeds you a shit sandwich sometimes, and no change to the rules, or replay system is going to change that. If they did get rid of offsides challenges, I guarantee you that the first thing that would happen is that Chris Kreider would score a game winning goal on us on a breakaway where he was 20 feet offsides and the refs missed it.

The best thing to do is to realize that the league fed us a shit sandwich, it happens sometimes, and there's nothing to be done about it. 'Cause sometimes that contract that you signed that follows all the rules of the CBA is rejected and you lose a 1st rounder. Other times you play hockey for 30 years and then become allergic to your pads. What can be done? Thank god we only have to wait 24 hours to play again.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
In all seriousness though, this ending is probably a good thing for tomorrow.

I'd rather go into Washington with the way that game ended versus on a six game winning streak. I would hope everyone is pissed and channels that frustration into tomorrow - technically tonight's -- game.
That's some spin right there.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
I have seen the same Zajac for his entire career. He was a knee-jerk Lamoniello botch contract.
He has always played with the best of the best wingers, remember that.
He was a servicable player, but was always carried by quality talent. Parise, Jagr, Hall. I'm not that shocked by his production honestly.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
My biggest complaint about the offsides review and reviews in general is that it should never take 5+ minutes to figure it out. If it takes that damn long the call on the ice should just stand. The league wants to increase scoring yet takes away goals( a beautiful one at that) over a skate being an inch off the ice. Hall still schooled the d-man and the goalie.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I think that is the biggest take. This isn’t Duchene three feet over the line and the refs just missed it.

This isn’t passing a puck to a player already 10 feet on the zone. This is hall passing to himself and maybe being a fraction of an inch off.

This isn’t why the replay rule exists or should exist.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005
Even the vendors see the end for #19.

DRBFF6LW0AYqptj.jpg

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
bad habits eventually bite you.

Not getting the puck deep and failing to clear the puck.

Palms was pathetic all night.
Why would Hynes put him out there in OT?
And to take and lose both face-offs.
stupid coaching.

Awful decision to have Palms in OT.
If he's still injured put Staff in tomorrow.

Hynes deserves to be ripped for that OT decision.

I'd rather have Coleman, PZ, Wood or Gibbons out there based on tonight's game.

Taking away Halls goal is a joke too.

Just a brutal home loss up 3-1 to a lowly team.

Awful loss.

Last edited:

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
bad habits eventually bite you.

Not getting the puck deep and failing to clear the puck.

Palms was pathetic all night.
Why would Hynes put him out there in OT?
And to take and lose both face-offs.
stupid coaching.

Awful decision to have Palms in OT.
If he's still injured put Staff in tomorrow.

Hynes deserves to be ripped for that OT decision.

I'd rather have Coleman or Gibbons out there based on tonight's game.

Taking away Halls goal is a joke too.

Just a brutal home loss up 3-1 to a lowly team.

Awful loss.
Coleman easily had his worst game of the year tonight, not sure he deserved any OT time. Stafford should not be in the lineup as well. I will agree as why is Palm taking faceoffs

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Coleman easily had his worst game of the year tonight, not sure he deserved any OT time. Stafford should not be in the lineup as well. I will agree as why is Palm taking faceoffs

My main point is crystal clear.
Palms was atrocious tonight.
Didn't do one thing right.

He did not deserve OT time.
He was terrible in the first OT shift.

Then Hynes puts him right back out with a defense draw instead of a center?

Disgraceful coaching in OT.

And Trav is completely shot.

Reactions: DevilWithin

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017

first place in the metro...... THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
first place in the metro...... THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

No one should be happy blowing a two goal lead to a joke team.

Hynes decision making in OT was terrible.

Palms looked way off, if he's injured, and please read if, he should sit out.

He was a detriment tonight.
And I love the guy.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

what was your point then? you said palms was atrocious but then suggest we put coleman out there who was even worse.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
what was your point then? you said palms was atrocious but then suggest we put coleman out there who was even worse.

Aside from the turnover Coleman had a much better game than Palms.

How bout Gibbons?

Terrible loss.

Hope they have enough in the tank vs a rested Wash

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
No one should be happy blowing a two goal lead to a joke team.

Hynes decision making in OT was terrible.

Palms looked way off, if he's injured, and please read if, he should sit out.

He was a detriment tonight.
And I love the guy.

They scored two goals on their first two shots in the second period, they got a lucky powerplay, and scored when we couldn't get a clear, and we had a goal taken away on a ticky tack call. We marginally outplayed them in the 1st, badly outplayed them in the 2nd, and clearly outplayed them in the 3rd. OT was a circus, but it happens. If you want to doom and gloom this shit, go ahead. I'm looking forward to Washington.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
They scored two goals on their first two shots in the second period, they got a lucky powerplay, and scored when we couldn't get a clear, and we had a goal taken away on a ticky tack call. We marginally outplayed them in the 1st, badly outplayed them in the 2nd, and clearly outplayed them in the 3rd. OT was a circus, but it happens. If you want to doom and gloom this ****, go ahead. I'm looking forward to Washington.

Who's doom and gloom?

I'm pissed off on how they lost.

We needed to close this one out.
Even if we got hosed on the offsides nonsense.

Hynes should reward players for OT ice time.
last time I need to mention it but Palms should not have been out there to take that last face-off.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
It was probably an index card offside but the NHL took a play of the week candidate off the board which is not good for the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad