Pre-Game Talk: You know like duh Nashville game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Won't step on Signature's toes. But I did want to talk about the game tonight that I won't be able to watch.

Lines have been posted on twitter:

Glencross - Monahan - Jones
Ferland - Granlund - Hudler
Gaudreau - Byron - Setoguchi
Bollig - Bouma - McGrattan

Gio - duh Brodes
Russell - Wideman
Smid - Engelland

Hiller
Ramo

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Keep in mind that Hartley switches the lines if some aren't working out.

Would much prefer Jooris in and not Seto though.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Woah, I didn't even notice Jooris. I'd personally prefer Churros over either Grats or Seto.

I guess we do need some adults to play, though.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Woah, I didn't even notice Jooris. I'd personally prefer Churros over either Grats or Seto.

I guess we do need some adults to play, though.

I am really hoping that Seto can pot one, just to shut me up. Lots of speed on that line, hopefully it happens.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Seto has played well in the little bit he has played. Having him out there is good for 2 reasons, helps keep the rust at bay and gives us a bit of a veteran presence as there is still 5 rookies and sophomores in the lineup.

Semoner403

Feb 20, 2006
calgary
Those lines are yuck. Jones/seto in particular, but here's hoping they can prove me wrong: I have a feeling hudler makes something happen with granlund and ferland tonight.

Stay healthy. Or don't cause I wanna see more kids up, but ya, so I don't go to hell, stay healthy flames!!

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Those lines are yuck. Jones/seto in particular, but here's hoping they can prove me wrong: I have a feeling hudler makes something happen with granlund and ferland tonight.

Stay healthy. Or don't cause I wanna see more kids up, but ya, so I don't go to hell, stay healthy flames!!

Jones did. Last game.

Side note: this might be the most right-handed shots we've had in the lineup in years. When was the last time we could boast 5 righties in the same game? Probably the Iggy/Moss days.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Jones did. Last game.

Side note: this might be the most right-handed shots we've had in the lineup in years. When was the last time we could boast 5 righties in the same game? Probably the Iggy/Moss days.

Honestly, I do not remember the last time we had that many right handers. Management has done a decent job addressing that minor need.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
He also did against the Oilers. And Seto has proved people wrong every game he has played.

But none of that matters. Preconceived notions > What actually happens.

Not so sure about Seto. He's worked hard, but I wouldn't say he's been terribly effective most games. I'd say he's still got lots to prove. And it seems like management agrees given he's been scratched most games so far this season.

Vkonroy

Oct 29, 2014
Calgary
Gaudreau - Byron - Setoguchi
Bollig - Bouma - McGrattan

I know size shouldn't matter as much as some people will say it does, but that 3rd line seems to be just asking to be pushed around. Hoping it takes Nashville by surprise with their speed and quick reactions, which they should have in stupid amounts of abundance.

As far as Truculence goes, I don;t think there are many lines in hockey today that will have more than that 4th line. Just will be keeping my fingers crossed that Bourmer will continue to be the energy engine he is and that the skill that Bollig has been showing leads to them not being a complete momentum kill when they are out there.

Should be fun to be at the game for Halloween! Enjoy your candies everyone.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Not so sure about Seto. He's worked hard, but I wouldn't say he's been terribly effective most games. I'd say he's still got lots to prove. And it seems like management agrees given he's been scratched most games so far this season.
I guess it depends. Most people expect Seto to be pure hot garbage, while being lazy.

So I would say he has far exceeded expectation of most.

Wheels of Poirier

Flames in 2016
Mar 21, 2014

Yeah, I'm not really feeling these lines tbh we'll see what happens, I guess lol

EDIT: Switch Glencross with Gaudreau, and maybe we'd have something.. but as someone already mentioned, there's always the chance that the lines end up looking different as the game progresses

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I know size shouldn't matter as much as some people will say it does, but that 3rd line seems to be just asking to be pushed around. Hoping it takes Nashville by surprise with their speed and quick reactions, which they should have in stupid amounts of abundance.

Well, Byron and Gaudreau have wound up together in the last couple of games and had no issues. Byron is a wrecking ball and ends up on the giving end of hits more often than the receiving end, and Gaudreau is just so elusive. Plus Setoguchi is pretty stocky and won't be pushed around.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
This is going to be interesting. Looking forward to see how Granlund and Ferland do. The latter's offensive ability seems to be widely underrated.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
I guess it depends. Most people expect Seto to be pure hot garbage, while being lazy.

So I would say he has far exceeded expectation of most.

With the contract that he has, I don't mind his play thus far. I just hope he can gain some confidence with a point every now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad