You have good announcing

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Yes its true he is getting a bit outside his prime. There is a marked difference between Mickey 10 years ago and Mickey today.

He's got the folksy charm thing down just fine. I do wish we had a color guy who was more up on the latest trends in the NHL and the modern game.

You'd think that would be someone like Osgood, but man was he terrible. So give me a guy like Mickey any day over the stale toast that is Osgood. After hearing the potential replacements, I hope Mick stays around much longer.

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
To be fair most teams' announcers at least try to be objective most of the time. Not all of them succeed, mind you, but at least they seem to actively try. The late Atlanta Thrashers had the most blatantly homerific announcers I've ever had the displeasure of listening to. Currently I'd say the Flyers and the Lightning announcers are big homers. I'm willing to bet it's even more so with Canadien announcers, but I don't speak French :)

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
For TV, I like Ken and Mickey, although I do miss the days when Dave Strader was on the local broadcasts, before ESPN snatched him up.

But with radio, I really preferred Bruce Martyn to Ken Kal. Ken's a fantastic guy, and very knowledgeable, but his voice is just too high pitched for me - when Detroit scores, he sounds like he just incurred a freak injury on the teeter totter. :amazed:

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
For TV, I like Ken and Mickey, although I do miss the days when Dave Strader was on the local broadcasts, before ESPN snatched him up.

But with radio, I really preferred Bruce Martyn to Ken Kal. Ken's a fantastic guy, and very knowledgeable, but his voice is just too high pitched for me - when Detroit scores, he sounds like he just incurred a freak injury on the teeter totter. :amazed:

Almost as blasphemous as your awful avatar.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
His latter description of the voice may be arguable. But the first part ("too high pitched for me") is something that I fully agree with.
So, what's so blasphemous about that?

DeYarmond Edison

drinkingpinkrabbits
Apr 10, 2011
Bored in the USA
His latter description of the voice may be arguable. But the first part ("too high pitched for me") is something that I fully agree with.
So, what's so blasphemous about that?

Well if you both fully agree I guess there's no way I can argue it!

Only joking, but Ken Kal's high pitched "SCORE!" is a staple of my childhood. Think he's perfect.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00