You guys ready for some hockey?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
even though CBJ play Boston...I'll be cranking some Journey...

we changed the lyrics to F*** Detroit...since South Detroit is just Toledo...

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
We got destroyed by Pittsburgh last year (without Bishop). Even with Bishop not sure if we could have beaten the Penguins. Yzerman kept the team together but didn't really improve the team.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Things I'd like to see hapen this year

- Team to stay healthy (I’m looking at you Bishop)
- Have power play that is successful similar to 2011.
- ??????
- Win Stanley Cup

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
We got destroyed by Pittsburgh last year (without Bishop). Even with Bishop not sure if we could have beaten the Penguins. Yzerman kept the team together but didn't really improve the team.

We got beat not destroyed. And we were up 3 - 2 and got two chances to close it. We did this without Stamkos, Bishop, and Callahan at 50% playing through what we know required hip surgery, and Stralman at 70%. Sustr, Drouin, Namestnikov, Kucherov are players at key top line positions scheduled to be better than last year. While the remaining players in the top 6 and top 4 are scheduled to be in the same form and not due any regression due to age or other factors. We have been proven to be able to absorb key losses to Hedman, Bishop, Stamkos, etc and continue to be a top echelon team even without them in the lineup. This is the best team we have fielded in the last 3 playoffs.

If you can't see how this team is better than last year AND better than the team that went to the SCF then you aren't paying attention mate.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Pittsburgh arguably caught a flash in the pan. Let's see how they look now that everyone has looked at the tape. Also Crosby is out again with concussion issues.

Last edited:

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014
We got beat not destroyed. And we were up 3 - 2 and got two chances to close it. We did this without Stamkos, Bishop, and Callahan at 50% playing through what we know required hip surgery, and Stralman at 70%. Sustr, Drouin, Namestnikov, Kucherov are players at key top line positions scheduled to be better than last year. While the remaining players in the top 6 and top 4 are scheduled to be in the same form and not due any regression due to age or other factors. We have been proven to be able to absorb key losses to Hedman, Bishop, Stamkos, etc and continue to be a top echelon team even without them in the lineup. This is the best team we have fielded in the last 3 playoffs.

If you can't see how this team is better than last year AND better than the team that went to the SCF then you aren't paying attention mate.

If we stay healthy (relatively speaking, everyone obviously gets banged up in the playoffs), we should win a cup. Probably would have won one of the last two had we been healthy, but thats in the past.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Trick question?

After watching the (ugh) Bucs?

I've been ready for hockey since last June.

Bring it.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL

The team is improved simply because we are a lot healthier going into this year than last year. You could tell that Johnson was off last season, same with Palat. They were constantly getting hurt and out of the lineup because of lingering injuries. We will also have a full year of Drouin in the top 6 (please...).

Bolto

?
Nov 3, 2006
Spring Hill, FL
GiddyAcidicEuropeanfiresalamander.gif

I'm ready!

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Yes. I tried to downplay expectations last year, but I can't now.

Yup. There are no excuses this time around. We've had the injury riddled season already. We've had the inexperience season. This is the strongest team in Lightning history. No reason we shouldn't win this year.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
The NHL couldn't have a better game to kick off the season? Toronto@Ottawa? Really?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad