You down with PLD...yeah you know me!!! (Post trade oress conference video)

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Trading Iafallo and Kupari is pretty inconsequential, but this deal basically comes down to whether Vilardi will be healthy and reach his potential. It’s over and done, Vilardi’s gone, it’s time to focus on the positives.

At his best, PLD is a hard-nosed pain in the ass. Vilardi might have a higher ceiling, but PLD is the better player right now. We were clearly lacking a third line center last year. Danault slots down into a third line role where he belongs and we have some of the best forward and center depth in the league.

I still see the need for another move. We need a goalie and a third pairing defenseman. We are really hampered by Kopitar’s contract right now. I hope he re-signs at a steep discount and we can use that cap to sign a couple more guys that can win us a cup.

I think our season really depends on whether or not Byfield and Kaliyev are top six players. Put up or shut up. Woof.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
Trading Iafallo and Kupari is pretty inconsequential, but this deal basically comes down to whether Vilardi will be healthy and reach his potential. It’s over and done, Vilardi’s gone, it’s time to focus on the positives.

At his best, PLD is a hard-nosed pain in the ass. Vilardi might have a higher ceiling, but PLD is the better player right now. We were clearly lacking a third line center last year. Danault slots down into a third line role where he belongs and we have some of the best forward and center depth in the league.

I still see the need for another move. We need a goalie and a third pairing defenseman. We are really hampered by Kopitar’s contract right now. I hope he re-signs at a steep discount and we can use that cap to sign a couple more guys that can win us a cup.

I think our season really depends on whether or not Byfield and Kaliyev are top six players. Put up or shut up. Woof.
You don't seem to know us very well lol

LAKings88

First round fodder
Dec 4, 2006
here or there
We all knew moves had to be made with the overstuffed and clogged prospects. Blake cleared out:

Pettersen
Walker
Durzi
Iaffalo
Vilardi
Kupari

Since season’s end.

PLD seems like a good dude and hearing the Jets reporters talk about him on Jesse’s podcast made me feel better about losing GV and co.

I like that the youngsters have spots now. Hoping they can step up. Still sounds like more space is needed for a goalie. I’m good with Copley honestly but I think a vet goalie to tandem him with is necessary. Maybe a Talbot or similar. Lots of guys out there this summer that may be cheap ish.

Fagemo, Lafferiere, Turcotte, and JAD (if resigned) seem like they have opportunities now. Wondering who shines in camp?

Last edited:

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
In the past year:

Out:
Brock Faber
Brendan Lemieux
Jonathan Quick
Cal Petersen
Sean Walker
Helge Grans
Sean Durzi
Gabe Vilardi
Ramus Kupari
Alex Iafallo

That's left:
Kevin Fiala
Pierre-Luc Dubois
Vladislav Gavrikov

Quality of quantity I guess.

chris kontos

Feb 28, 2023
i was hopeful blake was going to weasel logan stanley out of cheveldayoff, but i guess not.
defense wins championships

Reactions: FSL KINGS

Mats26

Vet Movement - What's the Maatta?
Sep 16, 2005
We all knew moves had to be made with the overstuffed and clogged prospects. Blake cleared out:

Pettersen
Walker
Durzi
Iaffalo
Vilardi
Kupari

Since season’s end.

PLD seems like a good dude and hearing the Jets reporters talk about him on Jesse’s podcast made me feel better about losing GV and co.

I like that the youngsters have spots now. Hoping they can step up. Still sounds like more space is needed for a goalie. I’m good with Copley honestly but I think a vet goalie to tandem him with is necessary. Maybe a Talbot or similar. Lots of guys out there this summer that may be cheap ish.

Fagemo, Lafferiere, Turcotte, and JAD (if resigned) seem like they have opportunities now. Wondering who shines in camp?

I think Pinelli is flying on the radar. He will be a good one. Probably needs a full season in the AHL though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad