You already know what great energy Clarkson and McLaren will bring

Mr Scarface*

Seeing this season and comparing it to the last season You can already know and see what type of great element and energy Clarkson and Frazer McLaren will bring to us when they return. Period.
A great big spirit that lift us is being missed now. McLaren was really good last season and now we are also missing Clarkson for 8 more games. Our team is real hard and tough, but these two players are key elements and puzzles for us. Great, intimidating players both of them. You already have seen what our squad is doing now, add these two in and you'll know what changes and happens.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Leafs looked pretty fatigued in the first, I think they need to get some Tim's...

ConnorTO

Jul 20, 2010
Toronto
breaking-bad-salamanca-cousins-explosion.png

RoyalGremlin

The future is now.
Jun 19, 2007
If we win the cup we will be the example of why fighting should stay in the league and get hated on even more. Love it.

Asif16*

Whats mclaren status anyways? Like when is he coming back?

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
McLaren not so much, he and Bodie are pretty interchangeable. Clarkson will surely help though.

Difference is McLaren is a legit heavyweight. It'll be nice to get McLaren back to ride shotgun with Orr. That line has the biggest balls in the NHL and teams get testy at their own peril with the 2 of them dressed. It'll likely be Ashton down once he gets back though.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Difference is McLaren is a legit heavyweight. It'll be nice to get McLaren back to ride shotgun with Orr. That line has the biggest balls in the NHL and teams get testy at their own peril with the 2 of them dressed. It'll likely be Ashton down once he gets back though.

I think that he'll actually get promoted to the third and Bodie gets sent down.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
The way Bodie has been skating, I don't think we need McLaren. Orr has done a good job with Fraser.

Kingstonian84*

Sep 23, 2012
The way Bodie has been skating, I don't think we need McLaren. Orr has done a good job with Fraser.

I really don't think we need 2 enforcers in the lineup, its a waste of a roster spot. We have enough toughness as is (Orr, Fraser, Clarkson, Ashton, Phaneuf) all are capable fighters.

Raptactics29

Mar 28, 2007
London, Ontario
I think that he'll actually get promoted to the third and Bodie gets sent down.

I agree. Ashton is someone that Carlyle and the coaching staff will want to keep around. He's highly touted and I believe he should develop in to the type of forward coaches and teammates absolutely love. A big body who isn't afraid to drop the gloves, he plays physical, and he's a plus skater. I'm rooting for him. I really hope he gets his first NHL point soon and that opens the flood gates. I really think he could develop in to a solid 20 goal scorer who fights and plays the game physically.. much like David Clarkson. Ashton getting 4th line minutes is definitely not doing him any good.

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
I really don't think we need 2 enforcers in the lineup, its a waste of a roster spot. We have enough toughness as is (Orr, Fraser, Clarkson, Ashton, Phaneuf) all are capable fighters.

I don't know if you watched but Ashton isn't that much of a tough guy. He shouldn't be fighting, nor should Dion, unless it's a guy like Kovalchuk, Iginla, etc.. Bodie was bringing a presence to the net too though. He was driving to the net, he was trying for rebounds but best of all he was lagging behind, he was really skating.

I think McLaren brings a presence to the game as well, he's a legit tough guy.. Ask Parros (not a legit knock on Parros, they've gone before with McLaren getting the advantage). But I think with the way Bodie has been skating, McLaren really needs to come in and impress. And don't forget, before McLaren got hurt he was playing some PK. He'll be doing more then just enforcing.

wulfio*

Seeing this season and comparing it to the last season You can already know and see what type of great element and energy Clarkson and Frazer McLaren will bring to us when they return. Period.
A great big spirit that lift us is being missed now. McLaren was really good last season and now we are also missing Clarkson for 8 more games. Our team is real hard and tough, but these two players are key elements and puzzles for us. Great, intimidating players both of them. You already have seen what our squad is doing now, add these two in and you'll know what changes and happens.

personally I'm hoping for clarkson vs. angry fan in penalty box. Or clarkson climbing over to the other penalty box to fight.

Babscocks

Jan 7, 2011
Edmonton
Agreed with the Bodie comments, Mclaren can go on waivers someone can have him for their 4th line. We have Orr already to drop the mits and Fraser is more than capable, as is Clarkson when he returns.

RedHead Kingpin

Jan 14, 2012
Runestone
I'm surprised so many would keep orr over mcclaren. I'm happy to have both, but the argument could be made McClaren is the better fit. Orr has a higher cap hit, he's older, and I'd say he's the weaker hockey player of the two. Not saying much I know. Love em both though.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB

I agree, really like Bodie. He's got a lot more speed than McLaren, which is critical for that role. When McLaren is ready to come back I think the Leafs will have to send him to the AHL or trade him for a conditional 7th.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I'd like to keep both, doesn't mean you have to play both every night.

I'm not really seeing much in Ashton to be honest. I want to like him but I haven't yet figured out what he brings that helps our team other than being young.

shibbiness

Feb 7, 2010
GTA
Ashton is not a fighter, he's dropping the gloves because he feels like he has to in order to stick around.

I'd like to keep both, doesn't mean you have to play both every night.

I'm not really seeing much in Ashton to be honest. I want to like him but I haven't yet figured out what he brings that helps our team other than being young.

Neither am I. What I recall from Ashtons game yesterday were the turnovers in our own zone and failure to get the puck out (although our whole team is guilty of that lately).

Hope we're wrong though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad