Prospect Info: Yotes Fans ONLY: 2023 Draft Board #9

Pick then next guy on your list for the Yotes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Keep in mind we’re not mocking the draft here, we’re building our list. This is our forum’s scouting meetings. We’re finalizing our collective rankings. Not doing a mock.

Not a mock. This is our combined rankings as a community.

Your COYOTES list as COYOTES fan. Who do YOU want for the COYOTES:

1. Bedard
  2. Fantilli
  3. Carlsson
  4. Michkov
  5. Smith
  6. Leonard
  7. Dvorsky
  8. Benson
  9. ???
Don’t forget to add your nominees for the next one.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
Went with Reinbacher. This will be my last vote. I don't know enough about the rest of these kids, so I'll leave it alone.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
My excitement level for Reinbacher is about the same as it was for Soderstrom.
Yeah, I just don't get it...with other guys you could see the "high end" skill in several categories...not sure that Reinbacher has "elite" skill in any category.

Elite skater? nope
Elite puck skills? nope
Elite shut down D? nope
Elite shot? nope
Elite hockey IQ? maybe

This doesn't scream top 10 pick to me.

Reactions: Jagged Ice

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Yeah, I just don't get it...with other guys you could see the "high end" skill in several categories...not sure that Reinbacher has "elite" skill in any category.

Elite skater? nope
Elite puck skills? nope
Elite shut down D? nope
Elite shot? nope
Elite hockey IQ? maybe

This doesn't scream top 10 pick to me.
I’ve got him 12th. But HF Yotes has spoken. He’s our 9th rated guy.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I’ve got him 12th. But HF Yotes has spoken. He’s our 9th rated guy.
yep, still don't get it.

If I'm picking a Dman inside the top 10 he's got to check off a few boxes and well, Reinbacher doesn't check those boxes for me...maybe I'm missing something.

Last 5 drafts Dmen taken inside the top 10...several of these guys I wouldn't have taken in the top 10 either...but not sure where Reinbacher would rank amongst this group

2022: Nemec (#2), Jiricek (#6), Korchinski (#7), Mintyukov (#10)
2021: Power (#1), Hughes (#4), Edvinsson (#6), Clarke (#8)
2020: Sanderson (#5), Drysdale (#6)
2019: Byrum (#4), Seider (#6), Broberg (#8)
2018: Dahlin (#1), Hughes (#7), Boqvist (#8), Bouchard (#10)

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Had a tough time with this one. I voted Reinbacher ultimately. I think there is a good amount of upside and his floor seems very high. From what I've seen and what I've read is he is the profile of a defender every team would want. Seems like someone who can really help stabilize a pair, or allow a riskier defender to blossom. Not the sexiest pick and I do question the upside. The lack of defensemen in this draft is probably keeping him higher on my list than he should be too, I'll admit it.

But one player I see tons of similarities the more I watch Reinbacher is Giordano. If you have the chance to draft a top pairing guy at the end of the top ten you take that risk.

Reactions: XX and zerekstar

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Success against men at his age matters a lot for Reinbacher. He's ahead of JJ Moser's curve. It's tempting to look at every D for the next Makar but a lot of them are just going to be all-rounders that don't wow but win games.

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)
Had a tough time with this one. I voted Reinbacher ultimately. I think there is a good amount of upside and his floor seems very high. From what I've seen and what I've read is he is the profile of a defender every team would want. Seems like someone who can really help stabilize a pair, or allow a riskier defender to blossom. Not the sexiest pick and I do question the upside. The lack of defensemen in this draft is probably keeping him higher on my list than he should be too, I'll admit it.

But one player I see tons of similarities the more I watch Reinbacher is Giordano. If you have the chance to draft a top pairing guy at the end of the top ten you take that risk.
I like that comparison. It makes sense too.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Are we thinking he is the best player here, or just that someone who needs a D will grab him?

I would have went Moore or Perreault … obviously I am in the minority :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad