GDT: Yotes @ Avs: *If Hockey Were Golf, We'd Suck* 9P ET / 7P MT

What is Your Best Golf Round?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016
Holy shit... We lost a game in SO, after a long time of winning, and this starts a "Keyboard-War" in here.... Am I missing something?

We lost a game in SO in which we didn´t play our best... That´s Life, it happens. We will lose some more games.. Get used to it and stop to panic.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth
There's little to nothing positive to be said about the game itself, but this is the NHL. Even a bad NHL team is still very good, this isn't football where you can schedule wins and losses. Arizona battled like they were in a game 7 and barely squeaked out a shootout win. That's hardly reason to be panicking halfway through the season.

Take the loss, dump it, and move on to the tough February schedule. The only thing that sucks is the loss of the phenomenal home winning streak, I couldn't care less about an OT loss midway through the regular season.

Avs have been relying almost exclusively on talent (with low effort) to win the last 10+ games. You can't do that in the playoffs and that's a fact.
No complaints guys, remember?
Holy shit... We lost a game in SO, after a long time of winning, and this starts a "Keyboard-War" in here.... Am I missing something?

We lost a game in SO in which we didn´t play our best... That´s Life, it happens. We will lose some more games.. Get used to it and stop to panic.
Thank you! Complaints are not allowed here! Only good things are allowed to be talked about.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
I think it's funny how people kill themselves at work and then try to use that to prove they aren't lazy.

Also for the record, I am lazy and I love watching the tryhards go all out.

LOL exactly, I am sooo lazy, but I'm also a great employee . I definitely do not give 100% effort 100% of the time, if I did I would go insane

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
This team could go 81-0-1 and some people here would be up on a ledge.

I had nightmares just thinking about this scenario. Winning the cup wouldn't even make it go away lol. Seeing a perfect 82-0 blemished into an 81-0-1 record would be just awful haha.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
I had nightmares just thinking about this scenario. Winning the cup wouldn't even make it go away lol. Seeing a perfect 82-0 blemished into an 81-0-1 record would be just awful haha.
Yeah, I exaggerated too much. Though I guess if they lost in OT in the first game of the season it wouldn't be as maddening. Still a horrible case of what could have been.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
Standards are unrealistically high for this team. Take it down a notch. Consider for one second that they haven't lost a home game in regulation since when? Halloween? The best teams in the league lose every once in awhile. This thing has been brewing for a few games so this lose was coming just be happy it came against Arizona and not Minny or St. Louis who would gain a point on us.
It's the best thing which could realistically happen. You don't want the players go into a longer break thinking they're unbeatable.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
It's the best thing which could realistically happen. You don't want the players go into a longer break thinking they're unbeatable.
Yah that's what happened to Tampa a few years ago. They were winning games with minimal effort at times because they were talented enough to beat everyone. Then they faced adversity against the Jackets and didn't know how to recover. Im not saying that the same thing is happening here but there has been some signs of complacency creeping in and you don't want that lasting too long.

Hopefully this ZOna game was a course correct and the Avs come back playing solid hockey because they are likely going to be forced to play with greater attention to detail against the teams they will be facing upon their return.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
This loss might be a blessing in disguise.

The Avs achilles heel is when they have a bunch of success and get overconfident, then stop focusing on the details of their system, stop skating and working, and think they can just win on talent alone. I'm not sure they've learned to overcome this mindset.

So we could have a better team coming out of the break after losing a game they absolutely should have won, then we might if they had gone into the break with their winning streak, before laying on the beach for a week and then coming back to play a crazy schedule down the stretch.

My biggest concern with this team right now though is the potential for burnout with all the games they have coming up before the playoffs. They should care more about resting guys down the stretch then they should playing for 1st overall.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
My biggest concern with this team right now though is the potential for burnout with all the games they have coming up before the playoffs. They should care more about resting guys down the stretch then they should playing for 1st overall.

And it could happen again with such a crammed schedule down the stretch. The issue IMO is still a lack of quality depth, both up front and on the back end. Bednar really tried to use the third pairing/bottom six guys as they got more worn down, especially on B2Bs, but it just didn’t work. NAK and LOC are really 4th liners who can do spot duty on the 3rd but eventually that catches up to them. Newhook can fill out that 3C role adequately enough but he needs better linemates, and might be better on the wing right now.

Hate to beat a dead horse but…this is where expecting more from Jost and Compher is biting them in the ass again and will continue to do so until they finally admit it and move on.

EscapedGoat

Jun 15, 2012
Thank you! Complaints are not allowed here! Only good things are allowed to be talked about.

Technically, he WAS complaining.

He was complaining about you guys complaining. And now youre complaining about him complaining about your complaining.

Can't wait until he comes back and complains about you complaining about his complaining of your complaining.

Grigowski

Jul 6, 2016

He was complaining about you guys complaining. And now youre complaining about him complaining about your complaining.

Can't wait until he comes back and complains about you complaining about his complaining of your complaining.

Well, here we go....:naughty:

Just kidding.

The Moops

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2017
Earth

Just call me Zucc because this just turned Meta

Reactions: EscapedGoat

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
That pass by Bura on the Mikko gaol was amazing. Equally as amazing is Mikko catching that puck in stride and no bobble. High skill on display on that goal.

Yah this was like the only thing I enjoyed about this game. The only real option for Mikko catching it in stride like that was to go five hole and he still pulled it off flawlessly

Reactions: The Kingslayer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad