Speculation: Yotes after Eichel Poll

4 key pieces for Jack Eichel would you make the trade?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
No reason to get Eichel, all it would do is decimate an already thin skill level group. We'd finish bottom of the barrel with Eichel and he'd request a trade out of town. We just need to let BA get us some upgrades on our current assets and get exceptionally better at drafting. Drafting "talent" is the end all be all of this franchise. Without it we're doomed.

Armstrong has never drafted a 1C and it would be naive to assume he could in the future without premium picks. There is no way BA's 5 year plan was to build strictly based on the draft especially when he won't have a first round pick until his 3rd year. He needs to show some progress before the end of the 4th year to even justify an extension for the 5th year option.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Armstrong has never drafted a 1C and it would be naive to assume he could in the future without premium picks. There is no way BA's 5 year plan was to build strictly based on the draft especially when he won't have a first round pick until his 3rd year. He needs to show some progress before the end of the 4th year to even justify an extension for the 5th year option.
Maybe BA has an ace up his sleeve and let his AGM run the draft. :)

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
No but a good example of finding talent outside of the first round. I could see Kyrou hitting 60 points next season. Not bad when he probably gets 2C minutes behind ROR. Still only 23 as well.

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
Kyrou was drafted 5 years ago and still isn't a 1C, no way BA is banking on that time table.
Kyrou is a winger.

And yes that is the time table that I've seen. Mind you the Blues like to let our prospects percolate.

But get in the minors as a teen, then bust out.

Kyrou was unlucky. Thomas had to be kept up in NHL or go to juniors. Kyrou could just go to the AHL. Just happenstance...

bluesXwinXtheXcup

Apr 14, 2018
No but a good example of finding talent outside of the first round. I could see Kyrou hitting 60 points next season. Not bad when he probably gets 2C minutes behind ROR. Still only 23 as well.
True.

But BA is the best I've ever seen at picking talent.

When ever a trade the Blues made, there was a player included. This was not Doug Armstrong, but Bill evaluating talent.

BA got us Sundqvist from the Penguins and Sid was mad. Got Sanford thrown in on a trade. BA wanted these guys.

And he was right.

Trust his judgment and evaluation of assets. He knows what he's doing...

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
If Matthews birthday was a few days later, he would have fallen into our lap. The hockey gods hate us.
No Devine intervention, it's a conspiracy. C'mon, a 1st & 2nd because some stupid nutritionalist/trainer wanna check the fat content of these junior hockey players. I do wonder though, how many times they have to redo the lottery because AZ kept coming up. They got tired of it and decided to just take away their balls. They castrated our chances to improve!

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
75% are against trade key assets for a high-risk player like Eichle. This is music to my ears, I know we have some challenges but we do have a core. We need it to be enhanced but more importantly a system for the players to believe in and works with the cores skill set. What I believe the Core is
Centers Schmaltz, Dvo and Hayton
Winger Garland, Jenik, Keller
Defence Chychrun Soderstrom
Goalie Kuemper
BA hopefully can use his magic to fill a lot of open roster spots.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
75% are against trade key assets for a high-risk player like Eichle. This is music to my ears, I know we have some challenges but we do have a core. We need it to be enhanced but more importantly a system for the players to believe in and works with the cores skill set. What I believe the Core is
Centers Schmaltz, Dvo and Hayton
Winger Garland, Jenik, Keller
Defence Chychrun Soderstrom
Goalie Kuemper
BA hopefully can use his magic to fill a lot of open roster spots.
If that's the core I don't like the chances of ever being good.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
That is a pipe dream.

Is he worth a LOT? Yes. But realistically, is he a top 10 C?

I would rather go after Tkachuk.

YES. Eichel is a top 10, maybe a top 5C, especially when you consider his age and the fact he is incredibly competitive and plays hard every night (which none of our team does except for Garland and maybe Chychrun).

I still don't go after Eichel. Hockey is a team game. Going after Eichel is repeating the Hall mistake but with so much more on the line because we'd have to give up so many more assets. And I loved watching Taylor Hall... but we weren't a Hall away from contention then and we're certainly not an Eichel away from contention now either. And this is all without considering the very real injury risk

Reactions: Name Nameless

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad