Yolanda Ballard R.I.P.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Wow I did not realize that she was still alive or cut from the same cloth as Harold but she did well for herself. RIP with that slimeball Harold.

Reactions: trellaine201

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Holy crap she hung on for long. I was a kid during the whole soap opera and she looked 100 years old then.

Nonetheless, RIP.

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
I won't talk ill of the dead. RIP
I'm not meaning Yolanda in general, but seriously you won't talk ill of any dead person? I just want to clarify...nobody? There are a tonne of dead people that should only be spoken about with the most venomous distaste ever. I know when I die, nobody can claim that millions are dead because of my decisions. Or did you mean "I won't speak ill of any dead sports celebs"?

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I'm not meaning Yolanda in general, but seriously you won't talk ill of any dead person? I just want to clarify...nobody? There are a tonne of dead people that should only be spoken about with the most venomous distaste ever. I know when I die, nobody can claim that millions are dead because of my decisions. Or did you mean "I won't speak ill of any dead sports celebs"?
You are dead to me.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
This isn't Toronto Maple Leaf news, this is pathetic old gold digger news. I know its 2020 so any woman who once said hello to a famous man is now somehow elevated to his importance level and given a share of the credit for his life's work as a result, but this is ridiculous. If one of Harold Ballards dogs died it would be of more relevance to Leafs Nation than this piece of grizzled old crap, good riddance to her. I'll bet she shows up on the devil's doorstep with a cake by tomorrow.

On an unrelated note is there some kind of rule that every mention of Harold Ballard in the press must include the adjective "crusty" when describing him?

fbalmeida

Feb 14, 2009
Braga, Portugal
In keeping with the "won't speak ill of the recently deceased" trend, I'll say that I wished there was a hell for her former companion to suffer endless torment in.

There, I've said it. Gentlemen: now you know how I feel.

tenor.gif

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
Just pulls at your heart strings.:sarcasm:

“We’ve got something in common. We’ve both been to jail.”

Reactions: fbalmeida

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
This isn't Toronto Maple Leaf news, this is pathetic old gold digger news. I know its 2020 so any woman who once said hello to a famous man is now somehow elevated to his importance level and given a share of the credit for his life's work as a result, but this is ridiculous. If one of Harold Ballards dogs died it would be of more relevance to Leafs Nation than this piece of grizzled old crap, good riddance to her. I'll bet she shows up on the devil's doorstep with a cake by tomorrow.

On an unrelated note is there some kind of rule that every mention of Harold Ballard in the press must include the adjective "crusty" when describing him?
He was as CRUSTY as they come man. My old man says he was really only concerned about cash receipts on game nights. and got p*ssed if not high enough. and was a cheap SOB. We moved to Kingsway when I was in junior and he lived close by us. and my sister always said he turned all his lights off on Halloween every single year. I have never heard a good thing about him except from Stellick who said he had a kind heart but it was real deep down there to find it.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
He was as CRUSTY as they come man. My old man says he was really only concerned about cash receipts on game nights. and got p*ssed if not high enough. and was a cheap SOB. We moved to Kingsway when I was in junior and he lived close by us. and my sister always said he turned all his lights off on Halloween every single year. I have never heard a good thing about him except from Stellick who said he had a kind heart but it was real deep down there to find it.
Pretty sure he donated a ton of money to Charity and left a bulk of his estate to it. Not that it absolves a lot of the scummy stuff he was involved in.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005

Please. Crusty Harold was just a spoiled (and criminal) rich kid that wished he was an athlete, and then destroyed the leafs. Yolanda was a poor immigrant girl that fought and scrapped for everything she ever got.

Give me Yolanda over Harold any day.

BrannigansLaw

Grown Man
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
Please. Crusty Harold was just a spoiled (and criminal) rich kid that wished he was an athlete, and then destroyed the leafs. Yolanda was a poor immigrant girl that fought and scrapped for everything she ever got.

Give me Yolanda over Harold any day.

Yes, she fought very hard for everything Harold Ballard had instead actually trying to get a career.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Had an Uncle who golfed with him in prison up north back in the day.
Never had anything good to say about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad