Yoga For Hockey Players

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Can I ask a huge favour of you please. Here is my quick story.

Three years ago I had injured my back playing hockey and had to get my lower back fused twice. By this past Spring I had ballooned my weight up to 262 pounds and I had decided to finally do something about it. A coworker of mine teaches yoga as a side job. She took me on as a project. After seven months I have took my weight from 262 pounds down to 219. I feel amazing now and most of it has to do from her yoga and eating healthy. I am even back on the ice again.

She has her own YouTube yoga channel but it really hasn’t taken off yet. She just posted a yoga for hockey players video. It is a bit of a tribute to me. I am just trying to return the favour and hopefully try to find a way to spread the word about it.

If you have the time check it out or maybe even give it a try.

Thanks for your time.
Jeff

jayarebee

Oct 17, 2012
Union County, NJ
Great idea... I just started skating again roughly 2-3 years ago, simply as a coach and for fun.. now I am Officiating. I love it, I need to stretch more and more as I just turned 35. Taking several years off from skating and the ice really hurt.

Trainers/Doctors said if I stopped skating when I was around 24-25 that I would probably get arthritis and other issues... always advised to keep skating, playing, doing whatever.. but I didn't.. I was a bum for a few years and didn't skate once in 6+ years.

I've been looking into some "physical therapy" for my lower back which isn't in the greatest shape, I had a bad fall a few years ago (on the ice in my backyard) while taking the dog out one morning, she ran at me from behind and basically sloofooted me, didn't feel great. I also fell down some stairs, rather slid, on my left heel one evening as the stairs were icy thanks to a friend not throwing some damned salt down... basically twisted my ankle and the MRI's showed no real damage.

I've tried Yoga before a few years ago, and wow I was hurting, on my back the first session. Great exercise for stretching, flexibility, and just very relaxing. Great post... I am going to have to find a local gym or just buy a DVD soon!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad